Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder
    #2472866 - 03/25/04 11:58 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I thought i should bring this up, because i find it rather odd. I was diagnosed with essential tremor a few years back. basically i have random muscle spazams and ocasionally my muscles clench up and dont un-clench for a while.

I asked my doctor if what had happened could be because of my use of mdma, thc (i smoked everyday for over a year), or lsd. he replied that none of those would effect this condition.

so last night after having stopped smoking weed for about 3 days i decided to take 1 hit off of a hitter of some mid grade weed. immediately i had 3 spazams, and my hand clenched up and wouldnt let go. there is definately a connection between the weed and the tremors, but weed isnt the only thinkg that doew this to me.

LSD, and Mushrooms also cause my body to tremor and shake. whenever i trip this happens and im wondering why, and for that matter what the hell is going on with my body.

this all started after the first time i took lsd, and had un-controllable spazams in my legs for the last hour or 2 of my trip. and since then it happens while im un-altered and altered alike.

does this happen to anyone else? has anyone else ever heard of this happening? it doesnt bother me that much normally, its just kind of annoying, i just wich i knew how and why this is happening.

thanks

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2473017 - 03/25/04 01:19 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

When i used to smoke weed, i would always twitch. At first i could control it, but whenever i got really stonned off
my ass it became really hard to control and i would just sit there and twitch uncontrolably. I hav'nt had any twitching
problems with LSD though, only with weed and it doesn't really bother me either, it felt kinda good.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #2473075 - 03/25/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I usually get intense twitches when I'm stoned.

OfflineThe_Dormouse
Greenie
    #2473160 - 03/25/04 02:04 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I twitch when I'm pretty stoned as well.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2473254 - 03/25/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

as do I. especially the good weed, I used to get embarrased by it. "stop fuckin twitching!" Then I realized it doesn't matter, and I became less self-conscious about it. I think they since went away...

Welcome to the Shroomery Dormouse
Ever heard of the hardcore electronic group Doormouse? I've only heard 1 tune by em...

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineThe_Dormouse
Greenie
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: Blastrid]
    #2473272 - 03/25/04 02:36 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah, when I would smoke good pot, I always used to be pretty self-conscious of the really bad twitching I'd get, but now I don't even notice it anymore unless I think about it. It feels natural. I guess it's just part of what I do; just let it flow.

And thanks for the warm welcome, I'm glad to know people here are friendly. :smile: And no, I don't think I've heard of that band; maybe I'll check'em out.

Edited by The_Dormouse (03/25/04 02:36 PM)

InvisiblePseudoPsychoSix
Lucy in the Skywith Diamonds
Loc: where rocking horse peopl...
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder *DELETED* [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2473337 - 03/25/04 02:58 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Post deleted by PseudoPsychoSix

Reason for deletion: Spring Cleaning. =)

--------------------
Disclaimer-This post was a work of fiction.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
with tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: PseudoPsychoSix]
    #2473514 - 03/25/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I get twiches when i'm stoned too , this is weird , we should conduct some kind of study since mostly all of us will twitch atleast a little bit after we get high.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: Gorian]
    #2474072 - 03/25/04 06:28 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Allow me to clarify my tremors, sometimes a muscle will spazm once and clench up very painfully. other times muscles that i am using will clench up i put a lot of stress on them.

This is very interesting information. when i went to see a neurologist i was very honest with him about my drug use. He Clearly told me that marijuana could not be responsible for this nor could mdma or lsd. Perhaps i dont even have this disorder that he speaks of, it might just be the weed.

to be honest i havent quit for more than a week since that diagnosis, but i do notice that the tremors lessen in frequency when im not smoking.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinemoebiustrip
coincidencefrequencyanalyst
Loc: Way, way out there.
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disord [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2474346 - 03/25/04 07:26 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I had similar tremors from a high dose of dxm (spazzy legs for an hour) and notice now that various muscles will twitch involuntarily. Never anything painful, just a twitch and a strange sensation. Marijauna amplifies this effect. I believe it is caused by excess energy in the nervous system, but thats just my contextual and superficial diagnosis (i.e. what I want to believe).

--------------------
not-2

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disord [Re: moebiustrip]
    #2474654 - 03/25/04 08:45 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

i get the twitches on weed.

the clenches ive had before but not often.

with the flys that i had a while back i was doing everything at once...the whole right side of my face was all clenthed up and twitching..that shit jsut fucking twiched and clenched me all up. BUT IT WAS DAMN GOOD!

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Anonymous

#2474714 - 03/25/04 09:00 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Sometimes when I smoked by myself my whole body would uncontrollably shake. No matter what I tried I couldn't stop it. Oddly, this only happened when I actually thought about it. If I was busy caught up in something or with my friends this never happened, but I'd still twitch here and there...very strange indeed.

Anonymous

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: ]
    #2474753 - 03/25/04 09:12 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Oh yeah, my first time tripping started off with me falling out my chair and shaking. My friends were all freaking out and when I came to I was on the couch with them around me going "DUDE ARE YOU ALRIGHT???".

I was like "yeah..whats wrong?". Didn't even know what happened. This could have something to do with the seisures I had as a baby or something I don't know.. but I don't think it was an actual seisure that I had cause I havn't had one since I was a newborn. And I've never heard of shrooms causing seisures.

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: ]
    #2477726 - 03/26/04 08:55 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I have gotten the twitching with weed but never with LSD. Not that i noticed at least.

--------------------

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2479388 - 03/27/04 09:32 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

i've never had clenches, just twitching.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

OfflineTreefiddy
LORD
Male
    #2479655 - 03/29/04 11:45 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

I used to get lots of annoying muscle twitches when I was going through my E and speed phase, and I found that vitamin B and magnesium are both good for repairing and soothing the nervous system, which is effected my most drugs.

The shakes when you are on drugs are hard to avoid, but when your straight its a different matter, hard to ignore specially when ur trying to sleep!  :smile:

:spliff:

--------------------
-- Anything posted above is attibuted to delusions of immense porportions and is therefore reasonably false.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2479925 - 03/29/04 01:24 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

oddly enough i ate some acid the other day and did not expierence the shakes. perhaps it has to do with my anxiety problem

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disord [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2480269 - 03/29/04 02:40 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Ive had some pretty crazy muscles clenches in my legs on lsd. One time on 4 hits it got so bad my legs hurt to much to walk after about 5 hours into it.

High dose of some good herb will give me some minor twitching, but im pretty sure most people get this.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebeam
    #2482734 - 03/30/04 03:15 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
oddly enough i ate some acid the other day and did not expierence the shakes. perhaps it has to do with my anxiety problem

I used to have to anxiety and used to smoke weed and used to get exactly what you described, my hands would shake a lot even when i was straight and when i got stoned it sometimes shaked really badly, i used to also get like body jolts where i would be still then all of a sudden like my whole body would just jolt hard and fast especially when i was stoned.

Since i've quit weed my anxiety has pretty much gone away (weed had a lot to do with causing it in the first place) and now i can actually enjoy life.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2520666 - 04/03/04 02:05 AM (20 years, 1 minute ago)

Your doctor doesnt know shit - essential tremor isnt muscle spasms and twitching, it is the constant tremor or trembling of hands, and legs, and even makes your teeth chatter. Mine was so bad that i couldnt sleep at night because my eyelids would shake and my head would never rest without wobbling on the pillow. It is a constant tremor so that your hands always shake.
People with gilberts syndrome (a liver disorder that causes transient jaundice and poor metabolism of toxins through the liver) and especially people with thyroid disorders exhibit these symptoms - i was diagnosed years ago with essential tremor, but it was eventually diagnosed as a thyroid disorder. Of all the drugs i have done, weed and mushrooms had the biggest impact on my tremors - this may be due to their effect on the metabolism of iodine in the thyroid.
essential tremor itself isnt an entity - it is a term used when no reason can be found for the cause of the tremor.
Finally there is no way your doctor could really know whether the use of any of these substances had any affect on the tremor - there are no studies that have even examined a correlation - he is just telling you that to make you happy.
Im surprised people seem to except often quite ridiculous and unfounded advice from their doctors...The science of medicine annually makes more people sicker than they were originally that it adequately treats...they have no clue...

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (04/03/04 02:11 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract