Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineplanit
natural
Loc: hilly glacier washout
! anyone with bacteria or grey cantamed cakes
    #2472934 - 03/25/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

so uv got partially colonised jars that contamed with bacteria or grey mold  :smirk: dont swet , what i did was try to save my tapala strain , all the pf jars were contamed on the bottom half with the sour apple so i broke off the uncolonized part of some tried to transfer but thats another story, took the leftover colonised stuff sprayed in my hand with h202 and water then mixed with pasturized straw i had left over and put it in an old kettle , put a filter disc over the top (but u could probably use a piece of paper with holes in it ) and lef it in a dirty washroom in my basement (also dirty) checked now and again saw grey pop up and some black spotts, sprayed with h2o2 and water and left checked a few days later the mycelium was just stronger i guess cause the grey was gone , 10 days to 2 weeks in it still smelled like sour apple , sprayed with h202 and water , opened a window and gave it a blast of cold fresh air, left it and a week later the straw was all colonized and the chunks of pf cake were colonized even though they used to have sour apple , i didnt know what to do with it so i left it .... the top got dry .. thats when i decided to carv a path in this myceliums life . i took some pasturized straw that was left outside for about a week? and some unpasturized cow poo ,yah just good aged cow poo, now thawed so i could use it,mixed a lot up witht the straw , took the kettle broke the flat straw cake( about an inch and a quarter thick and 4 inched wide) broke it up and mixed with the poo and straw in a small bucket
tinfoiled the sides to stop the light from getting through and put a normal piece of paper with some holes poked in it on top,and left it,  probably a 1 to 8 spawn to substtrate ratio,spawn being the straw that was colonized with sour apple cakes,now by the tiem its fully colonized in about 10 to 14 days it should be getting just warm enougf to put it outside, and il let all u cantam bound shroomers know whats up , personally i was real sceptacle when i smelled that sour apple day after day , but when i mixed up that colonized straw witht that poo and smelled nothing but clean organic matter, im confident that this will work! ps anyone who has temps high enougf for cubes to survive outside, i would recomend letting all this happen outdoors , try it! what have u got to lose  :smirk:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: ! anyone with bacteria or grey cantamed cakes [Re: planit]
    #2473087 - 03/25/04 03:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

MMM you like playn with fire i see. Well if you want to put all that effort in that then Good Luck let us know your out come even if positive dont think may people want the hassle :smile:

--------------------

Offlineplanit
natural
Re: ! anyone with bacteria or grey cantamed cakes [Re: FallenShroom]
    #2474021 - 03/25/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i know where ur coming from and i dont plan to ever do this again this was separated from anyting healthy, the main reason for this was to see how strong the mycelium is from now on anything done with contamed material will be done outdoors,and the most hassle involved was typing the initial post

Edited by planit (03/25/04 08:22 PM)

Offlineplanit
natural
anyone with bacteria cantamed cakes,HUGE SHROOM ! [Re: planit]
    #2586522 - 04/21/04 12:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

soooo it colonized well on the unpasturized poo compost some seeeds germinated but its all good anyway i chacked on it today after seeing pins a few days ago and whoaly fuck!:eek: iv got a shroom pushing up agaisnt the garbage bag, it was at least 8 inches long and the cap hasnt even opened yet and it looks like it will be another two days before it does! this thing is huge and its the tapala strain .. comparing  gc to the few tapala fruits i have the tapala were solid and gc's were allways hollow so gc's twice the size of tapala's usually wiegh less,and there are a few more in there a bit smaller . this is by far the biggest shroom i have seen in real life and its not even done growing :grin:  i wish i had agar and knew how to use it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation