Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekb73
enthusiast
Loc: Abilene, TX
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disord [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2520688 - 04/03/04 02:25 AM (20 years, 2 hours ago)

No shit! I have essential tremors too. Have had my entire life. My Dad has it too. I didn't know anyone else here had it too. Mine does it when I'm nervous or really upset. Also if my muscles are tired. If I clench those muscles it does it too. For me, smoking seems to help me relax and make it not so bad. Also drinking alcohol helps. I was diagnosed with it a few years ago by a neurologist. He prescribed a medicine for it that he said would help called Primidone 50 mg. My Dr. told me it's a controlled substance. A friend of mine saw one of my pills and said he used to take them recreationlly while in prison. He said people would take a dozen or 2 at a time. Recently though I quit taking them and haven't really noticed a change, so I dunno how much they were really helping me. Here's some links you might want to check out:

What Is Essential Tremor (ET)?

Don't Be Embarrassed by Essential Tremors

Essential Tremors: All in the Family

--------------------
WARNING chronicshroom will rip you off! Don't trade with him! I sent him 20 spore syringes and he never sent me anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disord [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2521037 - 04/03/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

LoL, this is so funny. I get twitches when I'm really stoned. I can remember laying in bed stoned off my ass, twitching like a madman. It only bothered me sometimes because I was worried about my parents noticing the twitches because they were pretty obvious.

ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disord [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #2521699 - 04/03/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have a rare neurological condition (ataxia: incoordination of limbs...mainly walking and balance is an issue). All of my symptoms are magnified while using alcohol, herb, ecstacy, dxm (especially), and psychadelics. The higher the dose (of whichever drug), the more difficult it is to walk or utilize dexterity. Although, the symptoms do seem less harsh while on a moderate dose of pain killers and/ or stimulants. I plan on trying an anti-anxiety medicine soon, as well as a muscle relaxant.

Anyway, I make it no secret that I lose some function when partying with friends. They're always happy to help.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2523257 - 04/03/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The buds make me twitch, LSD just clenches me up..

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinekilla cam
Stranger
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #13322139 - 10/11/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Holy Dead Thread Revival!

I have very similar symptoms as the OP. I have twitching of my neck and a little bit of my hands. I was diagnosed with Essential Tremor about 1.5 years ago. I noticed the twitching for the first time after a trip with DXM. from there on, it seemed to get a little bit worse. Now, EVERYTIME I smoke weed I shake. It doesn't take much weed at all, often only 1 small hit out of a dugout. Alcohol seems to calm the effect; except when i'm piss drunk. I havn't tripped on anything in the past 2 years, except a small dose of DXM about 8 months ago. Oddly, i did not shake during that trip. I also shake when i'm not high, but rather stressed out or really pissed off.

Strangely, I too notice that when i'm busy doing things while high, I don't shake as much. I shake A LOT when i toke at home and watch TV. The fact that I get the shakes EVERYTIME when i smoke leads me to believe there is a definite correlation between the two. I just can't figure it out...

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
People with gilberts syndrome (a liver disorder that causes transient jaundice and poor metabolism of toxins through the liver) and especially people with thyroid disorders exhibit these symptoms - i was diagnosed years ago with essential tremor, but it was eventually diagnosed as a thyroid disorder. Of all the drugs i have done, weed and mushrooms had the biggest impact on my tremors - this may be due to their effect on the metabolism of iodine in the thyroid.
essential tremor itself isnt an entity - it is a term used when no reason can be found for the cause of the tremor.
Finally there is no way your doctor could really know whether the use of any of these substances had any affect on the tremor - there are no studies that have even examined a correlation - he is just telling you that to make you happy.
Im surprised people seem to except often quite ridiculous and unfounded advice from their doctors...The science of medicine annually makes more people sicker than they were originally that it adequately treats...they have no clue...

I love this post. First, I had a blood test done recently because I thought I had a thyroid disorder (also have insomnia, recent large weight gain, etc) but the test said I do not have a thyroid problem.

I was also very honest with my neurologist about my drug usage. He agreed with the OP's Dr., saying that they probably did not have an effect. I simply cannot believe this, since the twitching is always consistent with marijuana usage. I do not think Marijuana is causing the twitch, but I think that it could be uncovering another issue with my body. Maybe if enough of this forum's population has the same issues, we could make our own medical breakthrough. :smile:

PEACE

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: killa cam]
    #13322197 - 10/11/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well, holy thread revival indeed, this was made over 6 years ago when i first joined the forums.

first off, welcome to the shroomery! its a good place.

second, i still have the symptoms, its kind of a pain in the ass.... caffeene greatly exxagerates the effects. day to day, it doesnt really effect me at all. i mean, its always present, but i live with it just fine.

I notice it, and it is apparent when im trying to do precise repairs (mini screwdrivers and small electronics arent easy, i also found that i can not really solder anything recently)

but life goes on!

as for the interaction with Marijuana.

I think it has to do with the type of weed you smoke....

indica and sativa have differing canabanoids, also when the plant is harvested has a large effect on how much of the THC is converted to (if memory serves me right these are the appropriate abreviations) CBD and CBN. it seems to me that a pre maturely harvested sativa has far less effect on me than any indica, or late harvested indica.....

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinekilla cam
Stranger
    #13327188 - 10/12/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

LOL thank you you the welcome!

I notice that caffine greatly exaggerates the symptoms as well. Today I was hungover like hell and I needed an energy drink to wake up. lo and behold I was shaking for SEVERAL hours afterwards. happens every time...

i agree that my condition is livible, for now... funny you mention soldering because I cannot do that either, and I do a lot of soldering...

I'm glad that you brought up strains. I find that heavy indica strains tend to make me shake A LOT, and sativa dom strains, not so much. I'll have to experiment with the pre-maturely harvested sativas tho, that sounds interesting. next time i come across some i'll post the results!

Offlinekilla cam
Stranger
    #13859579 - 01/27/11 12:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

just an update...

I recently tried some "barneys farm LSD", which isnt LSD but marijuana. Anyways, it is indica dominate and harvested about 1.5 weeks early. I def twitch less on the stuff that was harvested early vs the stuff harvested at the normal time (from the same batch).

So, while the results are still inconclusive, this experiment does look promising, and i will try to do this with a early harvest sativa dom strain the next go around.

Thank You Shroomery!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#13861652 - 01/27/11 06:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the update, i like that my thesis has some real world second hand support!

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinecrystaldb
Stranger
    #16135547 - 04/24/12 09:43 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was recently diagnosed with Essential Tremor and told by my neuro that it was probably an early indication (based on my age and family history) of Parkinsons. Scary words for someone who is barely 30. I tried the meds and just couldn't handle the side effects. Most of the common meds weren't even an option for me because I have chronic low blood pressure and using beta-blockers could kill me.

I use to smoke in high school and college because it was actually recommended by my therapist at the time (I have PTSD that can be fairly crippling at times) but stopped when I started working a corporate job because of the drug testing policies.

I had to stop working a year back when the PTSD became an issue again and have been on disability ever since. Not a great trade off considering I really loved my job and my disability check isn't even 10% of the paychecks was I use to getting. It was suggested recently that smoking might help with my tremors so I figured why not. I was amazed at the effect it has had. I'm able to function, not just with the anxiety but with the tremors being handled so well. I'm not sure about telling my neuro because I don't live in a cannabus-friendly state and don't want to call attention to what I'm doing.

I think the trade off regarding the side effects is amazing and the effectiveness  is undeniable. I never thought I would be one of "those" people, but I really want to campaign for medicinal use of marijuana.

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder [Re: crystaldb]
    #16135676 - 04/24/12 10:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Marijuana should be allowed to be used as a medicine, as it is. It thins blood, lowers blood pressure, can protect against brain aging, amongst other thing. Cannabinoids are found in our body for god's sake! How are you going to outlaw something that is so natural we have it inside us!

And, it shouldn't be legal for medicine, it should be legal to experiment with. Yes, get high, if you will.

OfflineKazuzo
Stranger
Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and the cure Magnesium supplements [Re: crystaldb]
    #17489769 - 01/03/13 01:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

When the pot is not flushed it is full of chemicals that take magnesium out of the body.  (They can also cause eye twitches.) That is what causes someone that drinks coffee or sugar to get tremors.  It's real simple.  Flush the pot with pH adjusted water (vinegar) for three weeks before harvest.  Don't use many fertilizers, and definitely don't use rare earth.  Charcoal, coconut, rocks, B vitamins, and fish water is enough.  You need to ingest salmon oil (omega 3) to coat the nerve ends.  You need magnesium, calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin B supplements.  Let the pot dry for at least a month.  If it's not dry the chlorophyll and sugars will cause problems.  It's not good enough to simply cut it up and stick it under an air conditioner.  The supplements should stop your tremors in a week, unless you add more poisoned pot. gl

InvisiblePocketLady
 User Gallery

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and the cure Magnesium supplements [Re: Kazuzo]
    #17490087 - 01/03/13 04:51 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Weed makes me twitch quite a bit. Also once when I took 2CB my legs started trembling/twitching like crazy. Non stop for about half an hour.  Since then it's happened a couple of times on mushrooms too.

--------------------
Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.

~ Rumi

The day we start giving Love instead of seeking Love, we will have re-written our whole destiny.
~ Swami Chinmayanada Saraswatir

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and the cure Magnesium supplements [Re: PocketLady]
    #17490454 - 01/03/13 08:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the distinction between essential and nonessential tremor is weak
we do know that feedback or re-triggering is involved, and
we also know that cerebellar (rhythmic) feeds are involved.

some autopsies have show messy nerve patterns,
alcohol is a known proponent.

none of that information is of use to people suffering from tremors
cramps have some relation because it is a feedback rhythmic pulse train that locks the muscle up.

but this is as vaguely meaningful as suggesting a relationship with the tics and tremors of turrets syndrome.

Turrets is hard to treat, clearly has a psychological component, but seems more clownishly out of control than other tremors or tics.

Many sufferers of turrets smoke tobacco to help quell the symptoms which is odd because nicotine tends to aggravate cramps and tremors, although the act of smoking - breathing the visible smoke - is calming and restorative.

In any case, to add my voice here, I also get tensions and feedback issues from marijuana if I do not lie down right away or at least close my eyes.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Essential tremor, marijuana, and the cure Magnesium supplements [Re: redgreenvines]
    #17512501 - 01/07/13 02:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i started taking magnesium, and b complex, and c daily, it really didnt help...

interestingly enough, if i missed a few days i cramped up hard....

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies