Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: LuzaW] * 1
    #25397440 - 08/19/18 12:25 AM (8 months, 27 days ago)

Anyone roll their own cigars?

Been considering ordering some whole leaf online to use for spliffs and pipe tobacco, and noticed they sell the wraps/bingers/fillings for DIY cigars. They even sell a starter kit with instructional DVD and all the stuff you need :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: musiclover420]
    #25397499 - 08/19/18 01:17 AM (8 months, 27 days ago)

If you try it, I would like to see the final product and your sentiment.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: UpSyndrome] * 1
    #25397525 - 08/19/18 01:52 AM (8 months, 27 days ago)

Quote:

UpSyndrome said:
If you try it, I would like to see the final product and your sentiment.

I probably won't for awhile, it's not too expensive but not cheap either (though if done right would be way cheaper then buying them pre rolled)

Was going to start with 1 pound of normal tobacco, quarter pounds of 4 different kinds to try in spliffs and as pipe tobacco.

For cigars you need to buy seperate leaves for the wrapper, binding, and filling. So it's more of a commitment.

Though maybe I will get some wrapper leaves and try rolling some authentic blunts :strokebeard:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: UpSyndrome]
    #25397526 - 08/19/18 01:57 AM (8 months, 27 days ago)

stick it your ass.  so how does it feel?

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: starfire_xes]
    #25397529 - 08/19/18 02:03 AM (8 months, 27 days ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
stick it your ass.  so how does it feel?

I'm going to assume English is not your first language.  Something may have been lost in translation.  Try again, friend.

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

#25397576 - 08/19/18 02:55 AM (8 months, 27 days ago)

Being a fan of bolder, more full-flavored cigars, but also having never been let down by Brick House, I skeptically decided to try something new.

I crack a bottle of one of my favorite beers.  It's a locally brewed Russian Imperial Stout.  The smell is incredible.  Sweet, citrusy, malty.  13% ABV, the pour is jet black, with a loose foamy head that quickly dissipates.  I take a sip, and am overwhelmed with flavors of molasses, citrus, anise, and mild-sweet hops.

The cigar in question is the Brick House Double Connecticut Toro.  Out of the cellophane wrap, strong scent of hay and cedar.  It has a pale-colored wrapper that reminds me of a Bolivar or Partagas Serie P.  I know that this stick is going to be nothing like either of those.

It started out mild, with woody, sweet, and mild spicy flavors.  Those flavors dominated through most of the experience with the spice intensifying towards the end, as well as a strong cinnamon-like note. 

The sweet, malty beer complimented this stick so well. 

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #25398843 - 08/19/18 05:36 PM (8 months, 26 days ago)

Plants ascend from Nicaraguan soil, Earthen enactors ov life in a land soiled by morbid turmoil.  The harvest comes and they lay in wait, not dead but just in the process ov transition.  Two and a half years goes by in an instant, a mere speckle in the perpetual sheen ov time.  The wylds become momentarily tamed as the khaos ov life is ordered into shape.  A torpedo?  A penis?  Co-relations for explosive combusting and cum-busting.  An identity has been assigned and assumed.  The Padron 6000 Maduro torpedo.  It travels and finds a new home ordered from fellow denizens ov the Earthen kingdom, their make-up assigned as curly black walnut and Spanish cedar. 

After a time, a Nu element is introduced to the transition.  Fire, the passion ov destruction and rejuvenation.  The phoenix conjured and tunneled through order by individual will.  An extenuation ov life through consumption, just as a babe sucks for the elixir yet re-fined to affect a particular sense.

The babe ov the abyss sucks by the Agape mouth, envigorating the phoenix a-parent in Therion.  By and bi stifles the why as it becomes my momentary speckle in the sheen ov time.  I salivate.  The Water ov my being seeping through the concretion ov my cell(s).  Water, the element ov reflection.  The sensation ov taste reflects upon experience and i connect with fractals ov identity.  The vague yet familiar tinge ov Earth, cane sweetness, the leather ov an animal's transition, a hint ov ripened fruit.  A dip into the pool ov experience at the suck ov a bat.  A vampyric home run.

The time comes to re-lease the ghosts unto the Air.  As the ash stands as ruins ov order, the wylds re-turn unto the limitless wheel ov khaos.  Assimilating into the totality ov an un-defined reality, particles lose the particular.  For-ever doth the wynds blow.  From my cellular lungs doth the spirit yet ever grow. 

Earth, Fire, Water, Air
i toast a Padron maduro to this life we share

--------------------

InvisibleTonydanzawillpay
compared to what
Re: I am smoking a cigar. *DELETED* [Re: lavod]
    #25401926 - 08/20/18 11:41 PM (8 months, 25 days ago)

Post deleted by Tonydanzawillpay

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
Eat everyday

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: Tonydanzawillpay]
    #25402084 - 08/21/18 01:39 AM (8 months, 25 days ago)

Anyone smoke Nicotina Rustica? AKA Aztec Tobacco: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana_rustica

Quote:

Nicotiana rustica is often used for entheogenic purposes by South American shamans.[5] It contains up to nine times more nicotine than common species of Nicotiana such as Nicotiana tabacum (common tobacco).[citation needed] Other reasons for its shamanic use are the comparatively high levels of beta-carbolines, including the harmala alkaloids harman and norharman.[citation needed] Most commonly, in South American ethnobotanical preparations, it is allowed to soak or be infused in water, and the water is then insufflated into the stomach in a preparation known as singado or singa; it is also smoked in cigars, used as an enema, made into a lickable product known as ambil, and made into a snuff with the bark of a species of Theobroma, creating nu-nu. In the southeast part of Turkey, people use this herb and ashes of some tree bodies to make a moist snuff called maraş otu. They use this by putting the mixture under their lips like Swedish snus or Afghan naswar. It is also a common admixture of Ayahuasca in some parts of the Amazon.

It has up to 9x the nicotine content of common tobacco, as well as additional beta carbolines/harmala alkaloids :strokebeard:

And is actually used in Ayahuasca brews in some areas, as well as made into snuff and other products.

Been wanting to buy/grow some to try. Seems like it could be great for spliffs.

--------------------

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

#25410843 - 08/24/18 09:38 PM (8 months, 21 days ago)

Never had it.  I'm not a fan of the nicotine buzz.

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

#25411170 - 08/24/18 11:53 PM (8 months, 21 days ago)

I picked up something Honduran today.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

#25411179 - 08/24/18 11:56 PM (8 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

UpSyndrome said:
Never had it.  I'm not a fan of the nicotine buzz.

Why smoke then? Also they not only have much higher nicotine concentrations but more of the other alkaloids found in tobacco as well. Which is why it is the kind of tobacco generally used by shamans.

--------------------

InvisibleTonydanzawillpay
compared to what
    #25411240 - 08/25/18 12:30 AM (8 months, 21 days ago)

Because it tastes good

--------------------
Eat everyday

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: Tonydanzawillpay]
    #25411396 - 08/25/18 02:24 AM (8 months, 21 days ago)

That's it.  They taste damn good.  They go well with a good drink and a nice setting.  I don't mind a slight nicotine buzz, but I've never been a cigarette smoker.

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

#25416807 - 08/27/18 03:04 PM (8 months, 18 days ago)

Kitty tried to steal my Partagas.

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #25426824 - 08/31/18 07:54 PM (8 months, 14 days ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Anyone roll their own cigars?

Been considering ordering some whole leaf online to use for spliffs and pipe tobacco, and noticed they sell the wraps/bingers/fillings for DIY cigars. They even sell a starter kit with instructional DVD and all the stuff you need :lol:

I got a kit from LeafOnly a couple years ago. It was very basic tasting, i think it was a 4 leaf blend. Forget what i paid, but i decided it wasnt worth the cost, time and effort for the very mediocre result. Though it was a fun thing to do one time

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Anyone smoke Nicotina Rustica? AKA Aztec Tobacco: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana_rustica

Quote:

Nicotiana rustica is often used for entheogenic purposes by South American shamans.[5] It contains up to nine times more nicotine than common species of Nicotiana such as Nicotiana tabacum (common tobacco).[citation needed] Other reasons for its shamanic use are the comparatively high levels of beta-carbolines, including the harmala alkaloids harman and norharman.[citation needed] Most commonly, in South American ethnobotanical preparations, it is allowed to soak or be infused in water, and the water is then insufflated into the stomach in a preparation known as singado or singa; it is also smoked in cigars, used as an enema, made into a lickable product known as ambil, and made into a snuff with the bark of a species of Theobroma, creating nu-nu. In the southeast part of Turkey, people use this herb and ashes of some tree bodies to make a moist snuff called maraş otu. They use this by putting the mixture under their lips like Swedish snus or Afghan naswar. It is also a common admixture of Ayahuasca in some parts of the Amazon.

It has up to 9x the nicotine content of common tobacco, as well as additional beta carbolines/harmala alkaloids :strokebeard:

And is actually used in Ayahuasca brews in some areas, as well as made into snuff and other products.

Been wanting to buy/grow some to try. Seems like it could be great for spliffs.

Yeah, ive gotten a pound from the same website (LeafOnly) it was very hit or miss, some of the leaves were mild and some were fairly strong. But none were what i'd call 'very strong'

If you want a pants-on-head, stupidly potent tobacco, Order a plug of Tambolaka. Its a pressure cured and aged Burley from Indonesia. Its far and away the strongest thing ive ever smoked

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: Adolin]
    #25426894 - 08/31/18 08:25 PM (8 months, 14 days ago)

Hmmm, might have to try some N Rustica from another source then. A few people sell it on ebay :strokebeard: 10$ for an oz of leaves or 15$ for 25 "units" or fat looking cigarettes :lol:

Thanks for the recommendation though, haven't heard of Tambolaka specifically but some of those various ethnic tobaccos can be pretty interesting. Was reading up on clove cigarettes the other day which were banned in the US for competing essentially.

Can't remember the names but I've heard of a few extra potent kinds of middle eastern tobacco from various countries. Would be interesting to try them and hopefully we see some research into the possible differences in alkaloids/psychoactives.

--------------------

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

#25427442 - 09/01/18 01:04 AM (8 months, 14 days ago)

Another Flor de Las Antillas tonight.  So good with a nice strong barley wine.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

#25429222 - 09/01/18 09:06 PM (8 months, 13 days ago)

Anyone here use cig holders? I remembered I got a cheap one of ebay from Tibet made out of Yak bone or something :lol: Been using it for spliffs/roaches and it is very nice.

They make holders with filters as well which seem worth trying.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

#25435477 - 09/04/18 06:51 PM (8 months, 10 days ago)

Just got some mapacho (n. rustica) tobacco in the mail, seems fairly strong. Just took a small puff in a pipe and it was pretty potent. Excited to try some in a spliff later.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Ayahuasca

Community >> The Pub