Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >
Invisiblexsquid94
Stranger

Re: I am smoking a cigar. *DELETED* [Re: lavod]
    #25991731 - 05/14/19 07:49 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by xsquid94

Reason for deletion: opsec

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepacmanbreed
 User Gallery

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: xsquid94]
    #25992415 - 05/14/19 02:28 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Ive come to hate cigar after 12yrs in it.

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: pacmanbreed]
    #25993264 - 05/14/19 09:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Different strokes for different folks.

As for a less than stellar review, yesterday's cigar was a Panacea green label.  Being $5 and change, i was'nt expecting much but it was still disappointing.  Mild-medium transitioning to medium body.  Early on there was even a slight metallic taste that thankfully subsided into the other apparent milquetoast flavors after the first third.  A bland metallic cigar, like smoking a beige Toyota Corolla.  Burn was uneven and the draw on the tight side.  I'd take a $3 A.F. curlyhead over another one ov these anyday.

--------------------

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: lavod] * 1
    #25993474 - 05/14/19 11:16 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
Aye UpSyndrome, good stuff.  The E36 is a timeless design and thoroughly Bavarian.  I could tell its origin from that shade ov brown roundabout the chain.  Distinctly German.  Good luck with it.

It rains this mother's day.  Familiar yet chaotically unique ripples swell to incrementally expand puddles like moments stacking upon a lake ov intrapersonal memory before the cyclic dissipation.  Swelling like the puddles under my eye sockets after a nearly sleepless night warmly cuddled high atop the earth.  Sleepy, but yearning to open into the depths ov experience holding a burning torch to alight the waking dream!  A Nicaraguan torch labelled Tatuaje El Triunfador broadleaf most graciously passed on by Muistrue.  Chilly spring winds cut through me as the fine tobacco burns and re-fines my tired spirit.  Air, fire, water and earth.  Elements heightened in sensation through every suck upon mother earth's dark brown tobacco nipple.  I toast to thee this mother's day o' wonderful Nuit!  The milky smoke is strong in flavor.  Wet wood certainly, like the well soaked trees dotted around me as i sit and puff upon my balcony.  A subtle spice, not so much defined by an association as by color.  A magenta wound into the smoke like the hue spiraling amongst the tree rings soaking up this May rain.  Rings spiraling out and expanding to chaos like the unique raindrop ripples swelling the puddles pooled upon my courtyard.  Happy mother's day dear Nuit.  A toast to the current ov life as it ever expands with the rippling ov every solitary unique moment.  Every puff on a fine cigar.  Milky smoke sucked from mother earth's dark brown nipple to enrichen the spirit.  Hidden by the clouds, the sun appears as an empirical hologram at the tip ov a delicious Tatuaje graciously gifted to re-turn and re-fine this cycle ov life.  The sleepy day draws to a close and the sun slowly dips down under a magenta horizon highlighting lush trees reflected in courtyard puddles.  The soular torch dips down into the ashtray, and another ov life's luscious moments drips and swells into the infinite puddle ov experience.

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it. That’s one of my favorite Tatuaje’s, and I smoke a lot of Tatuaje. :yesnod:

--------------------

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: FractalDust] * 2
    #26001967 - 05/19/19 04:39 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I open the door and step out to my balcony on this warm 85 degree day along with Jeremy Reed's Sister Midnight and a Blackworks Studio Green Hornet.  Oh the juxtaposition!  Sister ov the eternal night by the blaze ov day and a fiery whip wrapped in contrasting Maduro and candela to strike at the eager palate.  As soon as i step out, i note a wasp to my left as it explores the other side ov my glass door, possibly magnetized to the dark energy contained within.  Syncronicities permeate my life, and it came as little surprise that bees and torches were mentioned early into reading as pictured below.  Hornets, wasps, and bees oh my!

It tastes ov green summer.  Tall, pear hued grasses flow like an emerald lagoon tickled by a warm breeze.  I close my eyes and reminisce upon my times out here before i got trapped in the bottle, sipping down fine Jade and Duplais absinthe liqueurs as calm silence became periodically abbreviated by the sounds ov innocent and happy children playing in the courtyard.  The joyfulness ov youth, conjured to mind through burning young green tobacco.  Aye, the candela notes are surprisingly apparent despite the relative sparsity.  I suck essences ov chlorophyll through a deceased and re-formed straw and reflect upon  the inherent contradiction that permeates throughout nature.  Is there not life in death?  Does not the child walk upon the green earth with the strands ov hir ancestors matrixed throughout hir being?

A few puffs summon forth a subtle, familiar essence that i do'nt yet recall experiencing in a cigar, my dear sister Datura.  Wise old sister midnight whose beautiful trumpet blossoms in adoration ov the moon.  The sun that burns upon the back ov a hornet has exposed the nocturnal witch, her parakeet green dress flowing through the tall grasses growing inside my mouth to glorify the youthful maiden that ventures out into the untamed wilds ov experience.  Perhaps i am the first to mention Datura as a cigar taste, perhaps not.  But she's there, along with a good bit ov spice.  Not really black pepper, nor white pepper for that matter.  Perhaps it is the spice ov ground Hymenoptera, an assortment ov dried bees and hornets powdered by pestle by sister midnight as she sits out on her balcony.  Children play in the tall green grass and blow bubbles that rise and disperse like cigar smoke ascending in the warm air.  And as she sits on her wizened throne ov experience, their innocent laughter brings a youthful smile to her face.  A smile that yesterday forgot but tomorrow beckoned to kiss.  In death is life concealed.  I suck it out through the once closed veil ov this fine cigar and blow bubbles to the sun.  Thanks again Muistrue.

Taste: Grass, Datura, undefined spice, that unique candela sweetness
Body: Medium-full throughout
Smoke: Lighter than typical
Draw: Good(i prefer looser draws, but this draws excellent for the preference ov most)
Burn: A bit wonky at times but not too bad.  Expected for such a diverse stick.
Appearance/pack: Cool head allusion, label, and closed candela foot!  Maduro wrapper is a bit rough in texture but uniform, which i like.  Firm pack that's consistent throughout.     

Pics: Pre-cut and early bee reference while reading

--------------------

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: lavod]
    #26002385 - 05/19/19 08:52 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Great review, spot on! I believe there’s candela in the filler as well which could explain why you tasted it more than expected and maybe even the datura flavor. I’ve never smoked datura but that’s interesting you picked up on that flavor in the cigar.

--------------------

OfflineOceanshoree
loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: FractalDust]
    #26002400 - 05/19/19 08:58 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

whatt?  u smoking a cigar and not a blunt?? :sonofawebitch:

--------------------
R

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: Oceanshoree] * 1
    #26002454 - 05/19/19 09:45 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Oceanshoree said:
whatt?  u smoking a cigar and not a blunt?? :sonofawebitch:

I don’t like smoking cannabis mixed with tobacco, I prefer to taste cannabis on its own. Also when you smoke a blunt you inhale tobacco, so for those reasons I don’t smoke blunts.

--------------------

OfflineOceanshoree
loner
Male User Gallery

#26002478 - 05/19/19 10:05 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

ah well i do enjoy inhaling tobacco just havne't smoked a blunt in awhile :inlove:

--------------------
R

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: Oceanshoree]
    #26005606 - 05/21/19 01:54 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I just bought a half roll of Mapacho finally off ebay, was 55$": https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAPACHO-HALF-ROLL-CUT-ROLL-NICOTIANA-RUSTICA-TOBACCO-MORE-THAN-1LB-100X/293066306088?hash=item443c1cf228:g:FvkAAOSwT0pbpmPN

Pretty excited. About to run out of tobacco for spliffs so will take a break for a few days/weeks until the mapacho gets here.

Supposedly this Mapacho is from the Amazon, and used by tribes in ceremonies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana_rustica

Quote:

Nicotiana rustica is often used for entheogenic purposes by South American shamans.[5] It contains up to nine times more nicotine than common species of Nicotiana such as Nicotiana tabacum (common tobacco)

Quote:

Other reasons for its shamanic use are the comparatively high levels of beta-carbolines, including the harmala alkaloids harmane and norharmane.[7] Most commonly, in South American ethnobotanical preparations, it is allowed to soak or be infused in water, and the water is then insufflated into the stomach in a preparation known as singado or singa; it is also smoked in cigars, used as an enema, made into a lickable product known as ambil, and made into a snuff with the bark of a species of Theobroma, creating nu-nu. In the southeast part of Turkey, people use this herb and ashes of some tree bodies to make a moist snuff called maraş otu. They use this by putting the mixture under their lips like Swedish snus or Afghan naswar. It is also a common admixture of Ayahuasca in some parts of the Amazon

:strokebeard:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: musiclover420]
    #26023767 - 05/30/19 08:01 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

My half roll of Mapacho arrived:

It was 55$ and is over 1 pound of whole leaf tobacco wrapped into a crazy tight roll.

Smoking my second spliff with it right now, the tobacco itself smells really gnarly but it actually has a nice smooth earthy taste. Definitely seems extra potent as well, and extra relaxing too.

:strokebeard:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #26031326 - 06/03/19 09:25 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Toast, leather, and milk chocolate.  Common cigar tastes, yes, but what's in an allusion but one's personal association?  Smoke an inferior cigar and one's perception can harken to the last two pieces ov wonder bread tossed into the toaster on a hungover morning, the faux leather computer chair weathered by the winds ov anal gas, and a gooey kiss found in the work pants before tossing them into the laundry.  Foundation The Tabernacle Havana seed No. 142.  "Breakfast is served, my lord."  It may as well have been the voice ov Jeeves presenting a full English breakfast heaped atop an ornate plate dated to the end ov the Qing dynasty with conjoining silver cutlery, but it came from the mouth that had just savored my kiss before rising to serve me buttered toast on a plain white plate.  And as i lay on the bed still buzzing from the crash ov an orgasmic breaker wave, the warm rays ov the morning sun latticed across the sheets, and take my first bite, a moment ov perfection carousels around a square axis lightly toasted and lubricated with butter.  A cool but sunny spring day, we slip into my '86 xj-s and inhale the unique aroma ov aged Connolly leather, a scent unable to be replicated by modern hides.  The silken 12 whirs into life and we take a drive to a mom and pop confectionery adorned in rustic furniture.  A menu ov their finest chocolates is produced but mama Gomez hints at the strawberry truffle and i could tell from the glint in her eye that this was the brown and femme fatale lipstick red delicacy that would warm our hearts in a cacao hearth.  As i continue smoking, a black pepper spice comes in, another common cigar taste.  Hidden like a treasure, i take it in like a pirate's bounty. A dark oak barrel stuffed with spice rolled onto my tobacco ship by a pair ov dirty gay sailors as the scent ov burnt blackpowder lingers over the emerald Caribbean sea.  A tabernacle rolled into the form ov a cigar.  I kiss the head for another puff and angelic spirits ov tobacco reward me for the worship.

Taste: Leather, light milk chocolate, toast.  A black pepper comes in halfway.
Body: Medium-full throughout
Smoke output:  Average
Draw: Good(i prefer looser draws, but this draws excellent for the preference ov most)
Burn:  Pretty good.  Not razor sharp but no touch ups needed.  Rate is on the quick side making this a rather short smoke.
Appearance/pack: Firm pack.  Consistent.  Dark brown with a relatively prominent tooth.  Cool band.  An attractive stick!

Edited by lavod (06/04/19 12:25 AM)

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
    #26031421 - 06/03/19 10:55 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I love my tobacco and nicotine in general, but cigars just aren't my thing... I've tried em here and there throughout the years and they always are just kinda 'bleh'

I don't mind the odd colt I guess, but even gettin through a pack those seems like work lol.

I'm not talkin cheap shitty cigars either, it's usually my filthy rich uncle who buys only the top notch shit I get them from, but ya, just 'bleh'... I'd much rather just smoke a cigarette :shrug:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

InvisibleTonydanzawillpay
compared to what

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: LuSiD9] * 1
    #26031462 - 06/03/19 11:44 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:canthelpbutlaugh:

--------------------
Eat everyday

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: Tonydanzawillpay]
    #26032011 - 06/04/19 08:36 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I smoked a captain black the other day it only cost me $2 and 5 cents for the matches

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#26032889 - 06/04/19 05:25 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Great review man! I also prefer a draw on the looser side and have found storing at a lower humidity helps a lot. Cubans are notorious for having tight draws so I store those at 62% rh and non cubans I store at 65%. All my cigars smoke way better since I set my humidors to those settings. I also have a cigar tool called “perfect draw” that works great to loosen the draw of a hopelessly plugged cigar.

--------------------

OfflineOceanshoree
loner
Male User Gallery

#26033179 - 06/04/19 08:05 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Blueberry Swisher, dare me to smoke the whole thing :feelsoldman:

--------------------
R

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

#26033279 - 06/04/19 09:08 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

muistrue said:
Great review man! I also prefer a draw on the looser side and have found storing at a lower humidity helps a lot. Cubans are notorious for having tight draws so I store those at 62% rh and non cubans I store at 65%. All my cigars smoke way better since I set my humidors to those settings. I also have a cigar tool called “perfect draw” that works great to loosen the draw of a hopelessly plugged cigar.

Thank you!  Yeah, i have heard that the Cubans like 62% the best but i do admittingly keep them with most others.  The cigars i do keep separate are Cameroons.  They like it wet, otherwise those thin wrappers are very prone to cracking. 

BTW, the first cigar i smoked that you most graciously gifted was the Ramon Allones small club corona which was fantastic.  I do not recall the exact tastes but they were complex and delicious.  That one drew perfect for me and had a razor sharp burn.  But what impressed me the most about that, was that for such a tiny stick the body and taste transition was very pronounced.  It started out as a mild-medium and finished at a medium-full.  Most cigars will only transition one 'degree'(say, medium to medium-full or vice-versa for example), but this ramp-up was quite pronounced, especially since it was such a short smoke.  Very interesting and i cant wait to eventually try that R.A. specially selected!

--------------------

InvisibleTonydanzawillpay
compared to what

#26033406 - 06/04/19 10:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Eat everyday

OfflineUpSyndrome
Male

Re: I am smoking a cigar. [Re: Tonydanzawillpay]
    #26034403 - 06/05/19 12:49 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Davidoff short perfecto?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck