Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
venting
    #2469166 - 03/24/04 08:59 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

why do i feel so alone for believing that happiness cannot be found in a pill? why does everyone put all this shit into their body such as ssri's are cowshit? why do all of a sudden in the past 20 years everyone is on medicines so they aren't suicidally depressed? why is everyone so fucking unhappy? BECAUSE they won't take care of their fucking bodies, minds and souls, wait there is no "mind" and they probably believe we aren't all one and vibrating, they are all unhappy and "God is Dead, when i die my mind shuts off and thats the end", so she sits there eating chips and drinking whiskey, staring at the tv, wondering why the fuck he is so sad, instead of getting up and fucking doing something about it? how the fuck has the gov't done so a DAMN good job of convincing people their problems can be solved in a motherfucking purple pill? Why can't everyone just wake the FUCK up and open their eyes to whats really going on? I feel so alone on this front and the longer i am like this the more alienated i become from the general population..so you aren't happy at your job sir? you have a wife in kids, two boys even, a great job and a big house, vacations in vail and tahiti and you still aren't happy? great friends, you might even go to rotary club and church on christmas, you may coach the boys' little league or poor you got in a car accident so you sit like a vegetable in front of the tv popping OC's and consuming consuming consuming like its cool, when you could be up, researching and helping your physical body doing something, oh, and you wonder why you aren't happy? "you've led a great life, mr.smith" people say. Then why does it feel like somethings still missing?

hey bitch who sits and gossips in the coffee shop about who did who and how stupid the secretary at work is:

"The tongue is the hardest sense instrument to tame. Our need to comment is obsessive and compulsive. Chasing after taste bud pleasure is slavery. Witness your inner silence and be free."

hey young self concious 16 year old girl:

"Your inner beauty is pure, luminous, and glorious. This real essence is yours eternally. Don't worry for a second about your external beauty. If you're in touch with your inner beauty, your outer beauty will be beautiful."

hey vegetable that sits popping OC's all day:

"If you help less, you will be helpless."

hey CEO and miserable person of XYZ corporation:

"The most serene person is the most selfless person. The saddest person is the most selfish person."

hey you don't know whats wrong with you person:

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room.

Hey most of the population:

Death is not sad, the sad thing is that most people don’t really live at all.

sorry, had to vent.
I'm not trying to be righteous, i'm just venting. I hate not being able to talk to or be with anyone IRL that shares any of the same opinions of me and people calling me "crazy"

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: venting [Re: Jenny]
    #2469310 - 03/24/04 09:32 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

You know you're not alone :smile: I believe you've went beyond that emotion. I was actually thinking about writing this very post tonight based on what happened to me.

I know I'm not alone, yet I know the path I walk is a very narrow one. But, beyond the path lies my next destination and in this life I have made my decision.

May you exhale out your troubles and re-breath peace and contentment in your holy existance.

Peace :smile:

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (03/24/04 09:34 PM)

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
    #2469325 - 03/24/04 09:36 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Jenny said:
why do i feel so alone for believing that happiness cannot be found in a pill? why does everyone put all this shit into their body such as ssri's are cowshit? why do all of a sudden in the past 20 years everyone is on medicines so they aren't suicidally depressed? why is everyone so fucking unhappy? BECAUSE they won't take care of their fucking bodies, minds and souls, wait there is no "mind" and they probably believe we aren't all one and vibrating, they are all unhappy and "God is Dead, when i die my mind shuts off and thats the end", so she sits there eating chips and drinking whiskey, staring at the tv, wondering why the fuck he is so sad, instead of getting up and fucking doing something about it? how the fuck has the gov't done so a DAMN good job of convincing people their problems can be solved in a motherfucking purple pill? Why can't everyone just wake the FUCK up and open their eyes to whats really going on? I feel so alone on this front and the longer i am like this the more alienated i become from the general population..so you aren't happy at your job sir? you have a wife in kids, two boys even, a great job and a big house, vacations in vail and tahiti and you still aren't happy? great friends, you might even go to rotary club and church on christmas, you may coach the boys' little league or poor you got in a car accident so you sit like a vegetable in front of the tv popping OC's and consuming consuming consuming like its cool, when you could be up, researching and helping your physical body doing something, oh, and you wonder why you aren't happy? "you've led a great life, mr.smith" people say. Then why does it feel like somethings still missing?

hey bitch who sits and gossips in the coffee shop about who did who and how stupid the secretary at work is:

"The tongue is the hardest sense instrument to tame. Our need to comment is obsessive and compulsive. Chasing after taste bud pleasure is slavery. Witness your inner silence and be free."

"Your inner beauty is pure, luminous, and glorious. This real essence is yours eternally. Don't worry for a second about your external beauty. If you're in touch with your inner beauty, your outer beauty will be beautiful."

"The most serene person is the most selfless person. The saddest person is the most selfish person."

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room.

Death is not sad, the sad thing is that most people don?t really live at all.

sorry, had to vent.
I'm not trying to be righteous, i'm just venting. I hate not being able to talk to or be with anyone IRL that shares any of the same opinions of me and people calling me "crazy"

You seem like you need to find yourself. You let little things that could mean nothing in life get to you. Also you go along with it all.

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: venting [Re: psyka]
    #2469352 - 03/24/04 09:43 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

psyka said:
You know you're not alone :smile: I believe you've went beyond that emotion. I was actually thinking about writing this very post tonight based on what happened to me.

I know I'm not alone, yet I know the path I walk is a very narrow one. But, beyond the path lies my next destination and in this life I have made my decision.

May you exhale out your troubles and re-breath peace and contentment in your holy existance.

Peace :smile:

thanks man :smile: i know i'm not alone, sometimes i just need someone to remind me that :laugh: I feel good now, just need to get the anger out, but i'm over it now  :3rd_eye:

--------------------

It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,

Edited by Jenny (03/24/04 09:45 PM)

OfflineoDin
    #2469404 - 03/24/04 09:55 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

simma down now!!!!

<3

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2469408 - 03/24/04 09:56 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

You should come live with me, when I find an island somewhere that none of the crazies can bother me on :wink:

You know I'm in that boat with you, jenny :wink:

There are some of us who are, perhaps necessarily, quite isolated in this wacky world. There are some of us who think we are "above" the others...that we have some special place here. I am not one of those people! I think we have a unique ability, perhaps, to spread our knowledge any way we can. I wouldn't call it a duty, because maybe we don't have to spread it, but it's definately an option.

:heart:

(you listened to my venting, I'll always listen to yours :wink: )

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineannielicious
pisces
Female

#2469781 - 03/24/04 11:42 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Yo Jenny, you know I am with you on this one. I actually just saw a thin on our local TV news talking about a 'new' way to deal with depression...... get ready.... TALK THERAPY. What a novel idea, actually dealing with the issues instead of fucking up your own chemicals.

IMO people in the US are lazy. The want a pill to make them loose weight, instead of eating less and excercising. Same with bad life choices. Boo Hoo, my life sucks because I am overweight, I cheated on my spouse, I hang around with negative humans, I make bad choices about my finances hmmmmm what is the common theme in all of MY problems.... ME! But, I only want to take a pill cause actually working on self improvement takes too much work and energy.

When I was a social worker in a rehab unit/nursing home the staff was ready to put people on antidepressants within the first week if they were having a hard time adjusting. I wouldn't let that happen to my patients because it was totally normal to have some depression during the adjustment period. I would let them work through it and if it was still interfering with their life later in their stay and they wanted to try them. But it is OK to feel the vast array of emotions, just as long as you don't get stuck there too long.

We all have to take an active role in our lives. Take responsibility for our bad choices, and make adjustments so you don't do that again. Say what you mean and mean what you say, no drama. Surround yourself with those who help you to be the best person you can be, and do the right thing.

Works for me. /me get off jenny's soapbox

--------------------
"Everything that limits us, we have to put aside."  Jonathan Livingston Seagull

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
    #2472202 - 03/25/04 04:42 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

hey jenny ive taken paxil and it ruined me or at least i think it did its hard to tell. all i know is i was always very careful with my body cept with food heh but then i started taken paxil and i had a hunger i could not quench. i became a fiend. thats when i started smoking weed like its something that i needed.i was on it for a few months and only now can i come up from where it dropped me. its still bad i think it actulay gave me anxiety. there is a war going on. a drug war. on one side there is the hippie pot smoker sit and hit the bong and hate the man that chases you for it. on the other side there is the prozac popping whiskey sipping lung cancer patient thats chasing the hippies down. i guess i chose my side....look at me im a god damn hippy now. o and ive got depression it follows me just like that prozach commercial. the lil rain cloud and all. and yep paxil cured it made me feel nice and dandy. but who am i if im not who i am by my self. and i was not me. so here i am me again and its unfamiliar like i just was born i have to start over. fuck it im venting too .......peace be with you.........

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineCather
journeyman
    #2472204 - 03/25/04 04:45 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

HEY . I take SSRI and i dont even want to . I have been basically forced to so dont give me that crap . I dont watch tv and i eat shrooms and shit same as u so why you pickin on poor old me? :frown:

ps I dont sit moaning about my life i just like to be left alone

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: venting [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2472205 - 03/25/04 04:45 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

o and i do believe in the idea that we are one. ive been able to meditate my self into a state of oneness with everything ; the universe.im sure theres more than the universe but i havent made it to that part yet.

later

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2472241 - 03/25/04 05:49 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Amphetamines and quualudes can make all the difference in one's outlook on life. Perhaps it all comes down to chemicals after-all, and the freedom of choice.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2472242 - 03/25/04 05:49 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Death is not sad, the sad thing is that most people don?t really live at all.

I like that.
And yea..I see where you're coming from. Ever notice that whenever a new version of a computer operating system-software comes out, it almost always needs upgrades/hotfixes/security bugs fixed and so on... because it's new, therefore not an entirely charted sea, if you know what I mean. So when there's still more to learn about such a new and evolving subject/area/issue, still more to discover as we're always progressing and trying new things and attempting to advance things, there are going to be alot of problems bound to happen, that comes along--sorta like a 'price'. But not that it's necessarilly a bad thing, because after all, we learn from our problems, and mistakes and so on; that's how we really evolve. It does seem like alot of people are becoming more and more enveloped in modernization/urbanization/ and farther away from holistic and natural approaches to such issues as you outlined above in your post...Which, as parallelled in my aforementioned analogy would be an example of the 'costs' of such a new advancedment. Everything comes with sacrifices and prices. Pros and Cons. Ups and Downs. Frog said it best, one time..."Nature hates an imbalance.."

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: venting [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2472391 - 03/25/04 08:07 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Well SSRI are crappy and there are plenty of other things that can be used such as MDMA, but the large pharmacuticle companies dont want to cure people as that would put they out of buisness. Instead they would rather produce and try and promote these other drugs which dont realy any help to cure mental healt problems.

Happyness cant be bought from a pill, but working it out can be done on psychedelics. As for the talking stuff well that wouldnt work for me if i was depressed as I am way to complicated/spiritual and would probably sound crazy to them. But I would rather take lots and lots of shrooms and work out my problems that way.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: venting [Re: EvilGir]
    #2472414 - 03/25/04 08:17 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

the large pharmacuticle companies dont want to cure people as that would put they out of buisness.

However true that may be, there's also a deeper issue than that, which can be demonstrated in the following quote by Suess:

When I was in school, one of the classes I took was abnormal psychology. The prof was very good and had a private practice on the side... he taught for the fun of teaching. The one thing that he kept stressing was the idea that most mental problems are physical. We would look at a case, and all the symptoms that went with it, and then try to figure out what was wrong. In 9 out of 10 cases we looked at, there was a physical medical issue that was resulting in a mental problem. One person had a tick (parasite) that was causing some kind of mental distress. Another one was starting to get diabetes, etc.

The moral of the story is that it is easy to prescribe a pill to fix a symptom. It is much more difficult to figure out what the problem is and to fix that instead.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
    #2472462 - 03/25/04 08:40 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I'd just like to thank you for posting this. I feel this exact same way. Just remember, these people are being manipulated all the time and their eyes are closed. I know once in a while it really gets you angry so I'm glad you were able to get it out, but I hope that we can focus on having compassion for these beings and not let their misery create misery in ourselves. And you are not alone: there may be 5.5 billion people absorbed in delusion, but that leaves 500 million who can see. Without the general population, there couldn't be any counter-cultures. BTW, I think this quote, "I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room," is one of the reasons the Western world is in such a mess. In many Eastern philosophies, daily meditation is considered an essential part of life and I agree.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #2472521 - 03/25/04 09:18 AM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Jenny said:

paragraphs

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: venting [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2474614 - 03/25/04 08:32 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

ahh, thank you all so much for your insight and kinds words.

i do find myself having more compassion for these people over the anger than anything, so i truly hope everyone finds their inner lights.

thanks again friends  :sun: :heart: :3rd_eye:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2474748 - 03/25/04 09:10 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Your unhappiness over other's unhappiness makes me unhappy.  :frown:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: venting [Re: Swami]
    #2474788 - 03/25/04 09:18 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

At least we can all be unhappy over the unhappiness together :frown:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: venting [Re: Swami]
    #2474801 - 03/25/04 09:21 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

i was waiting for some sort of negative response from you, how predictable you are

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom