Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsychAndy
Stranger
Level 4/5 Bad Trip on 2 Grams. Please help.
    #24718533 - 10/18/17 03:48 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys,

So I've just joined this forum although I've read up on this site for almost year so I am sort of familiar with the forum.

To summarise things.

I had my first trip on the 30th of September with 2 grams of Golden Teachers at my brothers 21st birthday after party with a few close friends of which 1 or them was taking 3 grams with me of which I consumed them at almost midnight. I decided to eat the shrooms straight.

So to get right into it about 45 minutes In my friend and I were sitting in his parked car on the pavement of my house watching the stars and just enjoying the whole experience when for some reason we decided to go back inside and get some of our friends to walk with us. So we went on a walk but it was cut short due to an incoming storm. I felt fine at this point but when we got back to my house I decided to lounge back in a comfy chair in my lounge and I closed my eyes because I felt a bit tired as I had been awake for almost 24 hours (I know bad idea).

But as I closed my eyes I feel that I had an ego death. I was seeing the craziest things all of a sudden and I felt trapped and I kept telling myself that I was going to be okay and my friend was telling me the same thing while he was having a great time. I was terrified, I thought it would never end and my brother could see that I was becoming delirious and that we needed to just chill. So we decided to put on some rick and morty which I couldnt even focus on because I constantly felt tired. I was having crazy open eye visuals and I could not focus and it ended up scaring me even more. I was trapped. But I kept drifting in and out of reality. One minute I would be fine and the next I would be lost in a different realm. It was about 5:30AM when the effects starting slowing down drastically and things were now just breathing but everytime I tried to sleep I could not. My mind was racing. I then had what almost felt like a second ego death as I felt that the only way I could sleep is if I accepted my own fate and that I don't need to suffer if I just die. So I lay on my bed and just let go. And I just fell asleep shortly afterwards. I woke up later that day feeling a bit anxious or depressed but by the next next day I was completely fine. I am really feeling the need to do shrooms again, to face my fears and fix what went wrong. I want to feel the beautiful side of shrooms and I feel that if I do I smaller dose like 1.5 grams it'll be a bit lighter and I won't be so absorbed into the experience to the point where I feel trapped. Keep in mind I had A little bit of alcohol prior to the experience. I'm hoping to try them again this Friday during the day In nature with my brother and 2 good friends who will also be tripping.
One last thing is that I felt very frightened everytime I tried to let go.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong and how i can change them for my next trip.

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Edited by PsychAndy (10/18/17 07:23 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChinaCat
Strangerer

Re: Level 4/5 Bad Trip on 2 Grams. Please help. [Re: PsychAndy] * 1
    #24718656 - 10/18/17 06:46 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly man it sounds like you should pay more attention to your set and setting. If you dont know what i mean by that it's your mindset going into the trip and the environment you are in. Having some nice happy music playing always puts me in a good mood.  When you're high everything just effects you that much more. My first "bad" trip happened when the sober guy was trying to force people to watch TV.  Then he started falling asleep and telling us to be quiet because he had to work in the morning.... Fuckin invited himself over too.

Anyway what im saying is that every little thing matters on psychedelics and only you are gonna be able to decide whats best each time. Sometimes a certain song will really change my mood. Sometimes i have to pee and my body forgets how to tell me that and i get a stomach ache.

Psychedelics have a really meditative side to them so you have to pay attention to yourself on them which is hard sometimes because it's also extremely confusing to be high. I guess my advice is to pay attention to what you are feeling and do what feels right. I always like to do a little planning before i trip. I like to have a joint or 3 rolled. Maybe some munchies for when im coming down. You said you're going to be in nature so having a good space where you won't feel like you need to hide that you are high definitely helps with having a good time.

My first mushroom trip kinda sounds similar to yours. I had some pretty good ego death and self reflection on some of the shit it was doing at the time.  I made some life changes after it. I was having open eye visuals and eventually got to a point where all i could do was lay down and ride it out.  I felt like i was flying through a tunnel in my 3rd eye. Intense visuals and felt like i was leaving my body almost.

Since then i had an experience with lsd where i feel that i did leave my body and had the most amazing time. The only things i have changed when going into a trip is paying more attention to set and setting and doing some better planning. It just helps get rid of some of that uncertainty that hits when you start to feel high. Tripping is chaotic and it's nice to know you did everything you could to help go smooth beforehand haha

OfflinePsychAndy
Stranger
Re: Level 4/5 Bad Trip on 2 Grams. Please help. [Re: ChinaCat]
    #24718679 - 10/18/17 07:11 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks so much bro!

I really appreciate your help and it helps knowing that I'm not the only one that has experienced such things with that dose.

What dose do you recommend I take for my next trip?

OfflineChinaCat
Strangerer

#24719066 - 10/18/17 12:02 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Its a little hard to say.. I usually dose between 1 and 2 grams though.  Mushrooms usually vary in potency so its something that can be hard to nail down.  Ive tripped really hard off of a gram... Ive also eaten 5 grams and barely felt it.

You were saying 1.5 grams and i think thats probably a good place to start if 2 was a little overwhelming.  And thats the other thing. I always like to start small and work my way up. There will be always be more chances if one experience isnt as strong as you wanted

OfflinePsychAndy
Stranger
    #24719465 - 10/18/17 03:22 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I appreciate your advice man!
What are the chances that I will feel trapped again on 1.5 grams and how would I deal with it if it did happen? I understand one can have a bad trip on low doses but when it comes down to those doses and the set and setting is good surely there is a slim chance?

OfflineChinaCat
Strangerer

Re: Level 4/5 Bad Trip on 2 Grams. Please help. [Re: PsychAndy]
    #24720650 - 10/18/17 11:12 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Usually 1.5 wont be too over powering. I would say fairly small but not unheard of.  If you do get to an uncomfortable place like that again its nice to lay down and put on some good tunes. Maybe lay down in bed. Ive heard booze can help if you can stomach it.

Reminding yourself that time exists helps too.  Sometimes it seems like it lasts forever but remembering when you dosed and what time it is now can help you put things in perspective.  Remember it wont last forever. If you are into meditation or breathing exercises that would help too.

Other than that do things that normally comfort you.  Sometimes drawing is nice. I usually start scribbling and my mind turns it into something haha. Its nice to have something to occupy your mind. Stay off the phone for sure... That thing always makes me stressed haha

OfflineI AM LOVE
I'm a teapot

#24720723 - 10/18/17 11:52 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Ego death is part of the experience. Don't try to work around it because sooner or later it will happen.it can be a liberating experience or extremely terrifying.the only thing that is afraid of the ego death is the ego.which Is just a conditioned imagination.the best thing to do is practice meditation and welcome it.and when it comes BE with it don't let your mind in.

--------------------
To be love is to understand existence

OfflinePsychAndy
Stranger
Re: Level 4/5 Bad Trip on 2 Grams. Please help. [Re: I AM LOVE]
    #24720766 - 10/19/17 12:14 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Man, thank you for sharing your help!
Tomorrow is the day, I'll let you know how it goes!

OfflinePsychAndy
Stranger
    #24720928 - 10/19/17 02:12 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Perfect bro, I'll try that if I need to. Thanks bro!

Offlinethrdel
Stranger

#24721086 - 10/19/17 06:07 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hi Andy,

Here's my 2 cents touching on a few key points of your experience :

"Can anyone tell me what went wrong and how i can change them for my next trip."

First let me make a few things very clear. The experience you had was by no means a "BAD" trip.
You took 2g of Golden Teacher in order top learn something and that is what happened , you learned a few very important lessons.
Learning about psychedelic experience by reading books and posts on forums is like learning to swim by reading a book and then jump into the ocean .The ocean, just like the Golden Teachers ,will prove to you it's power and you will truly know  it deserves a great measure of respect .
Fear is one of the things that make you YOU. Fear is a part of our EGO. The EGO is your individuality.
When you really understand that you are not only the wave but the ocean too , the you will lose the fear but with that you will also lose a part of your individuality.
You need to contemplate your trips and extract all the lessons the teacher is happy to share with you.The mushroom was trying to bring you back to reality ,down to earth , to make you understand that " I'm young and invincible, bring it on , I can take it .." is not a realistic perspective on life.
The most essential thing , the ultimate lesson you need to learn in life is "Know thyself".
See how good and how bad you can be , understand what lays deep beneath the skin, hidden from day to day scrutiny .
There's good and bad in each one of us , there's courage and fear, there's compassion and indifference and so on.
You're asking for a magic way to get the wonderful and the amazing part of the psychedelic experience.
The bad news is that there is no such thing . No one can guarantee a "good" trip , all happy and euphoric.
The experience can ,and most likely will, turn from blissfulness to hell in no time at all.
Given all that , there are a few things you need to become aware of.
Most people fall into the trap you fell. Terence McKenna said that when you have a "bad " trip and you're thinking why did I have to take so much ??? , the problem is that you didn't take enough !
To translate that , it really means that you need to know what you want from that experience, otherwise you can get trapped between the levels.
That is , at lower levels your brain is highly active, uses new paths , processing all in new ways and so on.
At higher levels the mind gets free from restrictions and wonders in different realities.
In between the two states, your brain is over stimulated and uncomfortable. That is a bad feeling. We only feel good when we are in control  (or so we think) or when we lost control (that we believed we had).
Think about it, we feel good when healthy , we adjust when we have a diagnostic, but the stress levels are sky high when we wait for the test results to come in. Uncertainty puts the brain in a state of stress.
Does that make any sense at all ?
Higher levels are only achievable trough ego death but if you can't break trough, you can get stuck in between and spend time wishing you were dead or calling an ambulance and embarrass yourself.
Learn your limits, know the dosage you can safely manage and only when you're sure you want more, be sure to take enough to get far enough.
Never rely on what and how much other people take.You are NOT other people. Know yourself.Other people may have less serotonin receptors, less serotonin hormones, maybe are not metabolizing the substance efficiently, maybe their body eliminate it faster or produces more MAO enzymes. Never compare yourself with other people.
I know people who take 10 g dry potent shrooms and don't get the experience other people get from 2 g.
Keep in mind if you feel trapped again and afraid to let go that there is no point trying to fight it and resist to go to higher level , you are already there, at the highest level that amount can take you.You can not go higher by will alone. You took that much, it went that high whether you try to resist or not.
As an individualized unit of consciousness, we have limitations that allow us to experience things in a certain way. Ego death is possibly the scariest thing we can experience because there's nothing else we know other than our individuality.
Yes, we are about to experience what is beyond individuality but until one makes a complete pass to the other side , ego is all we have and all we think we are. Losing that is an unspeakable experience but what we discover beyond is even more unspeakable.
Just as you can't have the experience of jumping from an aeroplane unless you do the jump , you can't experience being everything as long as you are somebody. Ego must be silenced in order to make room for something else.
Of course , with time you will not be so easily overcome by emotions, but in order to get there you need to find out for yourself the depths of joy and fear, happiness and despair.
Shrooms are definitely not a toy and the lessons you learn are life changing. Be very careful using this tool and always know your purpose for your trip. And always be aware that there is a chance you may not like the answer you get.

PS. Sometimes when the brain starts to become over stimulated , just turning the music off (or whatever other distractions may place a load on the brain) can make the difference between a good time or a bad time. Sitting quietly in the dark (light stimulates the brain too) listening to the humming noises, feeling the vibrations and pulsations of every atom in your body is quite an experience too.

OfflineI AM LOVE
I'm a teapot

Re: Level 4/5 Bad Trip on 2 Grams. Please help. [Re: thrdel]
    #24721128 - 10/19/17 06:57 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Superb advice :sun:

--------------------
To be love is to understand existence

OfflinePsychAndy
Stranger
Re: Level 4/5 Bad Trip on 2 Grams. Please help. [Re: thrdel]
    #24721256 - 10/19/17 08:59 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Hi thrdel,

I appreciate your advice greatly!
I'm going to go ahead and trip tomorrow and use some of your advised methods to have an enjoyable trip.

I will post a second trip report after tomorrow's trip!

Thanks so much for your intellectual reply!

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24722075 - 10/19/17 03:46 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms can make you feel quite sedated, drowsy and heavy, especially during the comeup. Combine this with a bit of alcohol and a lack of sleep and it's not surprising if you fall asleep into the trip or drift into a trance.

It can be quite alarming to fall asleep while tripping, I've done it before and it can feel like you are dying. Things can get very weird, like this trip I had - Tentacles & Time-Travel on 42g sclerotia - welcome to EUROPA

The crazy thoughts and drifting in and out of reality are fairly normal when you are tripping, but I expect a lack of sleep made the whole thing more disorienting.

For a more enjoyable trip next time, all you need to do is choose a sensible dose, set and setting, and then relax and go with the flow...... :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Offlinemayfield
Stranger
Male

#24728999 - 10/22/17 11:35 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

here's my advice.  don't stay up for 24 hours and then eat mushrooms lol.  that has bad idea written all over it.  also, i'd recommend just staying at home.  i don't recommend being all out and about on mushrooms as you have no control over your environment.  next time, just eat the mushrooms, put some music on (probably something chill... i can't even handle black sabbath on mushrooms), and sit on the couch.  if you start freaking out, just relax and remember you ate some mushrooms and it wont last forever.  just have a good time and let it happen.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports