Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDylanLee
Stranger

Growing Mushrooms in a Closet?
    #24711658 - 10/15/17 01:09 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I currently have my SGFC tub in my bedroom. However it is getting cold out and it is only going to continue to get colder (it can get to -60 during the coldest part of winter) so I was thinking about insulating my wardrobe and putting my tubs in there with a lamp for light/heat. However I'm worried about my shrooms having proper airflow. Would it be crappy of me to stick my tubs in a wardrobe? I also would like to switch to monotubs my next grow.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Growing Mushrooms in a Closet? [Re: DylanLee]
    #24711678 - 10/15/17 01:21 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Don't do it. It will fuck the airflow. Instead set a small electric heater on the other side of the room to raise the temp. Do NOT point it at the SGFC as it will dry the cakes. Last winter I had similar issue. My room was in the back of the house and would drop to mid 50's. Growth slows but so does contamination. It is best to control the environment of the room. Upper 60's should be good enough, they just will take a bit longer to grow out.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisibleMatejaS
Bread of life
Other User Gallery

Loc: Worldly realms
Re: Growing Mushrooms in a Closet? [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24711770 - 10/15/17 02:13 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It is very cheap to buy an oil heater with thermostat, that way you don't dry out the air nearly as much as with the small electrical hot ones. And the oil heater with thermostat even keeps an even temperature. I use one as I live in northern Europe, brutal long winters and I live in an 100 year old apartment house that's very cold.

The oil heater can heat up my grow room fast and after that the heater keeps itself barely warm, just enough to keep a constant temperature in the room, this allows for more RH in the room and in the SGFC. Your fruiting chamber will perform best when the RH in the room is at 50% or above.

--------------------
Water Tub

Offlinenubgrower
Dude
Male

Loc: Moon 13 the Moon.
Re: Growing Mushrooms in a Closet? [Re: Mateja]
    #24711888 - 10/15/17 03:24 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

.... AFAIK lots of trusted regulars on here have their tubs in a small closet.

--------------------
Great teks here.
And here.
Fortunately, I’m adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber

OfflineGurdjieff
Alchemist
 User Gallery
Loc: North America
Re: Growing Mushrooms in a Closet? [Re: nubgrower]
    #24712011 - 10/15/17 04:22 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Is it a wardrobe or closet? Title says closet but post says wardrobe. Regardless of semantics, whats the measurements of the area? That will give us a better idea of what kind of space you are asking about.

--------------------
Man lives in sleep.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation