Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport * 1
    #24703309 - 10/11/17 08:09 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

https://nextshark.com/japanese-woman-may-face-prison-caught-marijuana-hot-dog-airport/

A 21-year-old Japanese woman was arrested at Hiroshima Airport on September 20 after authorities discovered a small amount of marijuana tucked inside a hot dog bun.

Risa Yorizane, a Hiroshima resident and college student, was arrested by the police after arriving at the airport from her vacation in Europe, according to Nikkan Sports via SoraNews24.

Custom officials who inspected her luggage discovered approximately 0.97 grams of marijuana inside a hot dog bun. Yorizane admitted that she owns the drug inside the bread, but said she had no intentions of smuggling the contraband inside the country, and claimed she forgot placing it in her luggage.

Yorizane may not get off the hook that easily as Japan is known to have very strict rules against drug possession and smuggling into the country.

People caught possessing marijuana under the Cannabis Control Law in Japan may receive five years of prison time, plus hard labor, regardless of the amount of the contraband. The sentence, however, could be lowered to at least six months, but this is only for rare cases.

"Penalties for possessing, using, or trafficking in illegal drugs, including marijuana, are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and fines,” said on Countryreports.org.

Suspects who have been detained for drug-related crimes are also not allowed to receive visitors until the first hearing — unless, of course, it’s a lawyer.

There have been several cases in the past where people caught in possession of marijuana in Japan managed to get off the hook without spending time in prison. One popular example is Sir James Paul McCartney’s case back in 1980 when he spent nine days inside a 4-by-8 cell in a Tokyo prison before being released, and deported back to England, Beatles Daily reported.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet sexual depravity is not so bad... wtf japan?

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24703546 - 10/11/17 09:39 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I thought it was a hot dog edible.

But yeah Japan is real strict on pot there. They have to smoke synthetic weed.

Japan just tries to copy America. That's mostly what it is. They didn't even have taxes until not that long ago. So I wondered if it would ever change since pot is kind of changing in America.

Of course famous people get off easy. Didn't know the guy from the Beatles got busted for pot there though. I know a lot of Japanese people like weed but they can't smoke it there though. With the way their culture is they might not need to, it'd be pretty egregious. Unless you're a gangster or young person, or something.

--------------------

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: Blabble40]
    #24703877 - 10/12/17 02:59 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Blabble40 said:
Oh, I thought it was a hot dog edible.

But yeah Japan is real strict on pot there. They have to smoke synthetic weed.

I think that the government might have officially denied that their college students use drugs.  :lol:

Oh, Japan...

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: chibiabos]
    #24703947 - 10/12/17 04:56 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Why do something risky, at an airport, and how do authoritarians justify looking inside the food, as you are eating it.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: durian_2008]
    #24703964 - 10/12/17 05:09 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

This is okay state to state (NOT IN A HOTDOG) with personal amounts (and certainly not an issue to bring some c02 carts, no one gives a second thought IMO)

But Japan ALREADY is super strict about cannabis, for starters its so illegal and rare that $100 a gram is a good price in japan. Dunno about quality. People in japan say its very hard to find somewhere to actually smoke, with police everywhere and neighbors who would turn you in. But then theres the shibuya district, which i hear plenty of creepy things about, but apparently they do have bud.

One of my good friends lives in japan now, he says they dont care that much about weed, most people who use drugs mostly use amphetamines or opioids (stuff that isnt easy to detect just like that, like with smoking weed... maybe they should invest in a good vaporizer)

Anyway apparently its a dangerous country for cannabis use, and IIRC the worlds most expensive. Not counting "death sentence for weed" countries (indonesia?)

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: Fractal420]
    #24705137 - 10/12/17 03:59 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I really want to visit Japan but their strict drug laws are a bit discouraging to say the least.

Hopefully they catch up with the USA's legalization soon. I wish they had kept mushrooms legal too :sad:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinethe_way
political prisoner
 User Gallery

Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: musiclover420]
    #24705347 - 10/12/17 06:00 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

they can xray everything stupids, fuck your life-spend is the truth advances in medicine dont even out :smile: Ill laugh now cry later

Edited by the_way (10/12/17 06:08 PM)

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: musiclover420]
    #24707903 - 10/13/17 07:03 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
I really want to visit Japan but their strict drug laws are a bit discouraging to say the least.

Hopefully they catch up with the USA's legalization soon. I wish they had kept mushrooms legal too :sad:

If you want to visit Japan, just go to visit Japan...you don't need drugs to see a different country or culture :lol:

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: Eminence]
    #24709651 - 10/14/17 01:50 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:

If you want to visit Japan, just go to visit Japan...you don't need drugs to see a different country or culture :lol:

Yeah I know... I would rather go visit countries that are less strict though.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: Eminence]
    #24709662 - 10/14/17 01:52 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:If you want to visit Japan, just go to visit Japan...you don't need drugs to see a different country or culture :lol:

But, how can people visit Japan, on drugs?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Japanese Woman May Face Prison After Being Caught With a ‘Marijuana Hot Dog’ at Airport [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #24709741 - 10/14/17 02:25 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Quote:

Eminence said:If you want to visit Japan, just go to visit Japan...you don't need drugs to see a different country or culture :lol:

But, how can people visit Japan, on drugs?

I knew this funny old hippie with insanely huge dreadlocks, he would go visit Japan occasionally. He said it was like he was a celebrity because of how different he looked :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures