Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
What is Methamphetamine?
    #24701525 - 10/11/17 07:52 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.capecodtoday.com/article/2017/10/11/235121-What-Methamphetamine?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Excellent educational piece by P-Town Police Chief Jim Golden

Below is another excellent educational piece by Provincetown Police Chief Jim Golden.

Chief’s Corner

I was asked this past weekend to explain what is Meth?
Meth is short for Methamphetamine….

Amphetamines have been around for over a century and have been used to counter a variety of medical issues, however within the past 50 years people have taken this medication to a different level and found ways to abuse it. It is been on a rapid increase in the United States and is approaching the danger levels that we are seeing with the abuse of opiates.

What is Meth:

Amphetamines can be found in a variety of medications such as Adderall, Ritalin, and Concerta. However the drug can also be manufactured in homemade labs using the key ingredient of ephedrine and a variety of readily available products such as: lithium from batteries; brake cleaner; engine starter; rubbing alcohol and fertilizer.

Crystal Meth is short for crystal methamphetamine. It is just one form of the drug methamphetamine. It has many nicknames—meth, crank, chalk, ice, glass or speed being the most common.

How is it used:

Meth can be smoked, snorted, injected or taken orally. all develop a strong desire to continue using it because the drug creates a false sense of happiness and well-being—a rush (strong feeling) of confidence, hyper-activeness and energy. One also experiences decreased appetite. These drug effects generally last from six to eight hours, but can last up to twenty-four hours.

Because the "high" from the drug both starts and fades quickly, people often take repeated doses in a "binge and crash" pattern. In some cases, people take methamphetamine in a form of binging known as a "run," giving up food and sleep while continuing to take the drug every few hours for up to several days.

Signs of use:

Meth is a stimulant so the effects would correlate with that type of drug or medication. These effects can include: increased wakefulness and physical activity; decreased appetite; faster breathing; rapid/irregular heartbeat; increased blood pressure and body temperature.

What are the dangers:

The dangers of Meth are many. In part, Meth abuse is so dangerous because this drug has an incredible ability to release dopamine in the brain, which creates intense feelings of pleasure. It also blocks the brain's natural ability to reabsorb dopamine, creating a lasting high. However, chronic Meth abuse dramatically changes the way the brain functions, including reduced motor skills and impaired verbal learning. Longtime users generally have noticeable emotional and cognitive problems.

It is a dangerous and potent chemical and, as with all drugs, a poison that first acts as a stimulant but then begins to systematically destroy the body. Thus it is associated with serious health conditions, including memory loss, aggression, psychotic behavior and potential heart and brain damage.

Highly addictive, meth burns up the body’s resources, creating a devastating dependence that can only be relieved by taking more of the drug.

Crystal Meth’s effect is highly concentrated, and many users report getting hooked (addicted) from the first time they use it. The first experience might involve some pleasure, but from the start, methamphetamine begins to destroy the user’s life.

As always, thank you for your support,

Jim Golden
Chief of Police

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAchuma
Aluminium Fedora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smegmaguay
Re: What is Methamphetamine? [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24702912 - 10/11/17 05:10 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

It is a dangerous and potent chemical and, as with all drugs, a poison that first acts as a stimulant but then begins to systematically destroy the body.

This line made me immediately stop taking this article seriously.

--------------------
Achuma's Psilocybe Extraction Pictorial

Pictured: crystalline extract derived from Psilocybe Cubensis.  See link for detailed instructions, as well as a lengthy discussion on the properties of light.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: What is Methamphetamine? [Re: Achuma]
    #24703969 - 10/12/17 05:16 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I once knew a religious engineer, who would use it to do precision work, overnight -- but, not for weeks, ongoing.

It wouldn't worry me, as much, if it was clean and in controlled amounts.

But, at the DMV, there were some particularly-fidgety people , smelling of match heads and something plasticky. It was sweating out through their pores and saturated their clothes, in this hot, crowded space. In one form, phosphorous was said to affect the jaw bones of workers in olden factories, making me wonder whether this byproduct ruins your teeth.

Also, lithium poisoning -- when it is just supposed to be a lab chemical, not a drug ingredient -- affects the skin. I have sometimes wondered whether there is a chemical basis for formication, and it is not entirely a hallucination.

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

Re: What is Methamphetamine? [Re: durian_2008]
    #24706166 - 10/13/17 12:23 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Wtfs a religious engineer?

InvisibleSky Walker
Vulture of Culture
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What is Methamphetamine? [Re: LightRay] * 1
    #24706178 - 10/13/17 12:31 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Meth is a drug that was used to write The Book of Mormon.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: What is Methamphetamine? [Re: LightRay]
    #24706797 - 10/13/17 10:24 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LightRay said:
Wtfs a religious engineer?

A Mormon, who built hydraulics and levers, on a deadline.

It has also been given to pilots and advanced placement students.

I watched one of our mini malls, being built, and the Mexican labor all swarmed around one car, like it was the ice cream truck.

The stores would be stocked by night shift workers. Easy enough to spot them. 

The whole place runs on it.

They want to call this a social problem, but it has saved the country.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: What is Methamphetamine? [Re: Achuma]
    #24708150 - 10/13/17 09:02 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Achuma said:
Quote:

It is a dangerous and potent chemical and, as with all drugs, a poison that first acts as a stimulant but then begins to systematically destroy the body.

This line made me immediately stop taking this article seriously.

I think he means the hard drugs

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: What is Methamphetamine? [Re: Ogla]
    #24709623 - 10/14/17 01:40 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It's ironic, that you can't get most people to cooperate with mainstream society, without the use of hard drugs. Most everyone seems to be on something with serious side effects, whether illicit or prescribed.

I am in favor of cognitive liberty, but why must people use hard drugs, to make life more tolerable, if this is such a good time to be alive. Driving people to it, is not an apt example of drug freedom, any more than driving people away from it.

This, or some version of it, is in every industry. But, why not comfortable working standards.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder