Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper
I'm a teapot

Loc: USA
GOP KENTUCKY GOVERNOR WOULD NEVER ALLOW LEGAL MARIJUANA BECAUSE OF NONEXISTENT ‘OVERDOSES’
    #24703093 - 10/11/17 08:32 PM (10 days, 12 hours ago)

https://latest.com/2017/10/gop-kentucky-governor-would-never-allow-legal-marijuana-because-of-nonexistent-overdoses/

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin rejected the idea of legalizing marijuana in the state because he’s worried about “overdoses.”

Bevin told WHAS radio host Terry Miniers Tuesday that he will never allow recreational marijuana to be legalized, WKYT reports.

Bevin cited Colorado as “an example of what’s going wrong, saying there are people overdosing on the drug there.”

While it’s certainly possible to have a “bad” high or feel “too high,” there is no evidence you can “overdose” on marijuana like you can overdose on prescription or other illegal drugs. Studies have found it would take 20,000 to 40,000 times the amount of THC in one joint to kill a human being.

Bevin reportedly cited marijuana edibles as cause for concern, which tend to contain higher amounts of THC and are more often taken in higher than recommended doses.

According to an analysis from FiveThirtyEight, consuming THC in higher doses can “cause anxiety, drowsiness and vomiting.”

WDRB’s Jason Riley pointed out on Twitter that the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime said this year there has been no evidence of any deaths directly stemming from marijuana consumption. The DEA also reported no overdose deaths from marijuana.

On the other hand, 2,200 people each year die from alcohol poisoning, according to the CDC.

Kentucky is in the midst of an opioid overdose epidemic. Legalizing marijuana has been shown to reduce opioid overdose deaths.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@flyonthewall,  unfortunately there is still a long way to go and your anti-republican rhetoric is founded in some truth.:grin:

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSham87
GWELLIES!
Male

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: GOP KENTUCKY GOVERNOR WOULD NEVER ALLOW LEGAL MARIJUANA BECAUSE OF NONEXISTENT ‘OVERDOSES’ [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24703117 - 10/11/17 08:47 PM (10 days, 12 hours ago)

I wonder if he holds stake in one of those opioid pharmaceutical companies :strokebeard:

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...
:feelsgoatman:

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot

Re: GOP KENTUCKY GOVERNOR WOULD NEVER ALLOW LEGAL MARIJUANA BECAUSE OF NONEXISTENT ‘OVERDOSES’ [Re: Sham87]
    #24703135 - 10/11/17 08:56 PM (10 days, 11 hours ago)

He's probably just from Kentucky.  :shrug:

OfflineHamHead
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: GOP KENTUCKY GOVERNOR WOULD NEVER ALLOW LEGAL MARIJUANA BECAUSE OF NONEXISTENT ‘OVERDOSES’ [Re: chibiabos] * 1
    #24703171 - 10/11/17 09:12 PM (10 days, 11 hours ago)

He probably drinks like a fish.

--------------------
.                                                                        Bringing out our hope and reason . . . 

Before we pine away.

Offlinedurian_2008
cornucopian eating an elephant
 User Gallery

Re: GOP KENTUCKY GOVERNOR WOULD NEVER ALLOW LEGAL MARIJUANA BECAUSE OF NONEXISTENT ‘OVERDOSES’ [Re: HamHead]
    #24703950 - 10/12/17 07:02 AM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

According to an analysis from FiveThirtyEight, consuming THC in higher doses can “cause anxiety, drowsiness and vomiting.”

Indicas are expected to be sedative. Sativas are said to be somewhat more energetic. Stomach issues are reported, rarely. :shrug: This is objectively true.

Rather than dealing with these issues, privately, people demand social services, requiring a figure like Bevin.

You can defeat him, by being charitable, and not making a scene, in public.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service