Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: trendal] * 2
    #24685218 - 10/05/17 08:56 AM (2 months, 8 days ago)

I would like to ask you, how do you consider the mass shooting in Vegas that killed 50+ people to be "laid-back discussion"?:wtf:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinetrendalM
tangential derivation
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: 1234go]
    #24685225 - 10/05/17 09:05 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

I don't actually...

However, this was an event which has just occurred, and one which has directly impacted some of our members. Under those circumstances, I think the one thread should be allowed for the time being.

--------------------
The story book's been read
And every line believed
Curriculum's been set
Logic is a threat
Reason searched and seized

BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
The Motherfucking Sandwich Queen
Female User Gallery

Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: trendal]
    #24685388 - 10/05/17 11:01 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

I think I disagree.

I'm not entirely sure how to frame my disagreement right now.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Invisibleballsalsa
Moron
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Republic
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 2
    #24685408 - 10/05/17 11:16 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

I disagree with my 7 day pub ban for making a laid-back, chill discussion thread.  Your boring compatriot just got done posting this ITT:

Quote:

A place for laid-back discussion on any topic, come introduce yourself to the community, and join in some chilled-out conversation. If you post in a disrespectful manner, you may be banned.

so I went and made a nice boring thread and got banned?  How does that make sense?

--------------------
Come visit us at the Shroomery Think Tank                                         

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: trendal] * 3
    #24685427 - 10/05/17 11:23 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
However, this was an event which has just occurred, and one which has directly impacted some of our members..

Abortions are happening everyday, and they impact millions of people.

OfflinetrendalM
tangential derivation
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: 1234go]
    #24685429 - 10/05/17 11:24 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Touche :smirk:

--------------------
The story book's been read
And every line believed
Curriculum's been set
Logic is a threat
Reason searched and seized

BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24685441 - 10/05/17 11:32 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
so I went and made a nice boring thread and got banned?  How does that make sense?

It doesn't, but that's trendal. He probably thought you were mocking him, and took it personally. If you haven't noticed, he's kinda catty.

Invisibleballsalsa
Moron
Male User Gallery

Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? (moved) [Re: 1234go] * 1
    #24685474 - 10/05/17 11:49 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

he would be a great mushcult mod probably.

I don't post in the pub much anyway, but I felt like melting a little bit over an unjust ban

--------------------

OfflineTulipslave
Stranger
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: trendal]
    #24686957 - 10/05/17 11:01 PM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
The description of The Pub is as follows:

A place for laid-back discussion on any topic, come introduce yourself to the community, and join in some chilled-out conversation. If you post in a disrespectful manner, you may be banned.

Let's look at that first sentence:  "A place for laid-back discussion ON ANY TOPIC"

So as long as the discussion remains "laid-back" then any topic is valid.  Barring political discussions, which there seem to be any number of that ramble on for pages and disintegrate into non-laid-back discussion yet remain open.

The above quote does not say:  A place for discussions of any laid-back topic.

Note the difference?

Just because a topic can be difficult to discuss does not mean it isn't "laid-back."  Just because a topic arises that you don't want to think on doesn't mean it isn't "laid-back."  Just because you don't agree with the subject or respectful dialogue doesn't mean it isn't "laid-back."  Maybe try dropping your personal prejudices at the door before logging into your big-boy moderator pants and do your voluntary job objectively and open-mindedly.

Quote:

trendal said:
It's not. So, really, why do you feel the need to post something like this, in The Pub? Would it be to elicit an emotional response? Isn't that the very definition of Trolling? What's Rule#1 again?

Did you even read the first post of this thread?  All your answers are there.  Let me quote it for you:

Quote:

Tulipslave said:
***NOTE:  This is not a thread discussing abortion.  Any comments about abortion are not wanted.  This IS a thread discussing whether or not the Pub of the Shroomery can discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses.***

Also Note: This is NOT a troll thread.  This is a legitimate thread asking a legitimate question.  No emotional responses are being elicited by posing this question.  Emotional responses are not wanted here and will not be tolerated.  Please respect the criteria of this thread.

A question for the ages, but I think it is possible.

The discussion was laid-back until you disrupted it.  Should you be banned for disrupting and trolling in a thread?  Your presence and attitude projected in this thread elicited emotional responses from at least two members.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: Tulipslave]
    #24686983 - 10/05/17 11:09 PM (2 months, 7 days ago)

it's pretty obvious what you're trying to do, and it's not laid back. :shrug:

just from an outside perspective all I have to say is :facepalm:

pubbers getting worked up about how they can't be disruptive should be worth a ban

--------------------
Read the first few pages of every TEK/Thread
How to find what you're looking for
Read the sticky posts
Read the forum rules
TEKs, links, videos, guides, etc...

Mush Cult's OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION Thread, come chat
:mushroom2:

OfflineTulipslave
Stranger
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24686998 - 10/05/17 11:17 PM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

pubbers getting worked up about how they can't be disruptive should be worth a ban

The discussion was by the rules from the start.  What am I trying to do other than have a discussion and slice my feet open walking on the eggshells of on-the-whim unposted rules that moderators seem to make up when it suits their own desires?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: Tulipslave] * 1
    #24687009 - 10/05/17 11:21 PM (2 months, 7 days ago)

it's a free site you play by the rules of imperfect humans. we try to keep a civil environment here. It's a group of people who are anti-authority having to deal with enforcing a few rules with authority. It's not unreasonable that you should have lower expectations of a free website that owes you nothing. Rather give back to it and be a productive member of something you take part in and enjoy.

I would say it seems walking on egg shells is what you enjoy to do. finding them and then walking on them. to test them.

--------------------
Read the sticky posts
Read the forum rules

OfflineTulipslave
Stranger
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #24687036 - 10/05/17 11:36 PM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
it's a free site you play by the rules of imperfect humans. we try to keep a civil environment here. It's a group of people who are anti-authority having to deal with enforcing a few rules with authority. It's not unreasonable that you should have lower expectations of a free website that owes you nothing. Rather give back to it and be a productive member of something you take part in and enjoy.

I would say it seems walking on egg shells is what you enjoy to do. finding them and then walking on them. to test them.

Yes, the rules are posted.  No rules were broken in XUL's original thread, which you likely did not see and have little context of, which directly relates to this thread.  As well, now, Ballsalsa's thread was closed, which was also not breaking any rules AND earned him a ban, again, for not breaking any rules.

So maybe the Pub should have a rule that says that any moderator can make up any rule they want and enforce them whenever they choose.

I don't enjoy walking on eggshells or hugging the wall to find my way through this maze of established rules and unestablished rules.

It would be nice if this thread would get back on topic and if you and Trendal would quit derailing it.  Or since Trendal moved the thread from the Pub, is it no longer subject to the rules?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: Tulipslave] * 1
    #24687043 - 10/05/17 11:38 PM (2 months, 7 days ago)

I do have little context that is true.
I hope you have a less hard time doing what you're doing in the future that's all.

--------------------
Read the sticky posts
Read the forum rules

OfflineTulipslave
Stranger
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #24687052 - 10/05/17 11:42 PM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
I do have little context that is true.
I hope you have a less hard time doing what you're doing in the future that's all.

Thank you.  It should not be hard to have discussions, as long as all parties remain respectful and on topic.  However, the staff in the Pub seems to be preventing those types of discussions from happening solely based on their own opinions.  I hope all posters have less of a hard time with this concept in application.

:smile:

Invisibleballsalsa
Moron
Male User Gallery

#24687164 - 10/06/17 12:21 AM (2 months, 7 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

:ilovedyou:

--------------------

Invisibleteknix
Meditating
 User Gallery

Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24702980 - 10/11/17 07:40 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

Biased mods are biased :shrug:

I think people are contributing just by being here and being subject to ads from sponsors.

Offlinesprinkles
RUINER
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: teknix] * 1
    #24729071 - 10/22/17 12:08 PM (1 month, 21 days ago)

why is abortion still debated and discussed in present day?  It is NEVER going back the way it used to be so men just need to fucking deal with it.  They say its a right to life issue yet many of those fanatical fuckers own tools (guns) whos sole purpose is to take life.  So what it boils down to is men do not want women making any decisions. certainly not decisions as important as whether to give or terminate life.  Too. fucking. bad.

I just had an ab0rtion day before yesterday.  the men that stand outside with picket signs Id run over if I could get away with it.  I'd like to ask them if they know their fucking role and their place and why the hell they're not at fucking work where they belong.

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I'm a lead farmer, motherfucker!
Other User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: sprinkles]
    #24729074 - 10/22/17 12:10 PM (1 month, 21 days ago)

Do you want an abortion, sprinkles?

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Can the Pub discuss abortion without eliciting emotional responses? [Re: sprinkles]
    #24729084 - 10/22/17 12:13 PM (1 month, 21 days ago)

People kill babies everyday when they decide to ignore the starving children on the TV, and by not donating to the homeless.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback