Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
New NORML chair is a Republican lawyer with tips on driving with marijuana
    #24701015 - 10/10/17 10:25 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.citypages.com/news/new-norml-chair-is-a-republican-lawyer-with-tips-on-driving-with-marijuana/450119713

Minneapolis criminal defense attorney Thomas Gallagher doesn’t just want to clear his clients of marijuana charges; he wants Minnesota to legalize the drug once and for all.

Gallagher is the newly elected chairman of Minnesota NORML, the scrappy, volunteer-based marijuana advocacy group. He’s also a two-time GOP-endorsed candidate for the state House of Representatives.

His politics are far from conventional. The Republican Party of Minnesota officially opposes recreational marijuana, and not a single Republican legislator has publicly broken with that platform.

Nevertheless, Gallagher knows he’s not the only pro-pot Republican in Minnesota – “Just look at the polls.” He wants to encourage other Republican leaders to step forward in public support of what most DFL gubernatorial candidates – and most Americans – already do.

After all, that shouldn’t require a great ideological leap for a party founded on small government and more personal liberty, he believes.

“Even if you’re not supportive of marijuana, there’s no question it’s a liberty question. It’s a curtailment of your liberty to make marijuana a crime to possess.”

In the meantime, while marijuana possession remains illegal in Minnesota, Gallagher the defense attorney wants to make sure everyone who ever drives with marijuana knows how to avoid arrest. He’s listed his top tips on his blog, and they’re very enlightening.

Here are some highlights:

First of all, the abstinence theory deserves a mention because most police contacts are traffic stops. If you’re constantly driving with marijuana in your car, it’s only a matter of time before a cop gets thrown into the mix. But if you “must,” either carry less than 1.4 grams or keep your drugs in the trunk. State law only applies to “the area of the vehicle normally occupied by the driver or passengers.”

Did you know you don’t ever have to submit to any field sobriety tests, i.e. walk in a straight line, say the alphabet backwards, etc., even if an officer accuses you of impaired driving? No one should ever do these. The only people who do these think they're mandatory.

Sometimes, officers will try to detain you longer than they have probable cause to keep you. If you were stopped for some traffic violation and ticketed, the cop’s business with you should be over. You should ask if you’re free to go. Even if you’re the driver, you can even start walking away, slowly, to see if the officer commands you to stop.

Check out Gallagher’s blog for the full tip sheet.

https://minneapoliscriminallawyer.liberty-lawyer.com/2017/10/07/how-to-avoid-a-marijuana-arrest-in-a-car-in-minnesota-top-nine-tips/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@flyonthewall, oh no, looks like you anti-republican rhetoric is starting to unravel...:wink:

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: New NORML chair is a Republican lawyer with tips on driving with marijuana [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24701867 - 10/11/17 10:32 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I know that Gallagher can't do everything, by himself, so would require backing.

I am still uncomfortable with people, who identify with the right or left hand of The Uniparty.

In real life, police are going to put you through all the drills, which have been allowed, from decades of use, regardless of the fine print.

If you remind them of these technicalities, politely, they are going to consider it resistance to their color of authority. 

A member of my household watches these shows, feverishly, neurotically, and I see praetors -- a branch of the military caste -- talking ever so nicely to presumed criminals. 

There is a blunt force instrument, on their belt, restraints, a blinding agent, an electrocution device, and they like to use the word "integrity" far too much.

As a Republican, I don't think Gallagher is willing to answer candid questions about the social contract.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1