Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Dry Yellowing on Colonized Grain in Tub [Re: KrombopulosM]
    #24710803 - 10/14/17 10:44 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Bottom watering is a matter or preference. It is not the only way to do things. Heavy pin sets can use up more water. If you have just pin set and it has pulled away from the tub noticeably, then you may want to consider bottom watering. JUST DO NOT LET IT SET IN A POOL OF WATER. ONLY USE A COUPLE OZ OF WATER AND DRAIN OFF WHAT IS NOT ABSORBED AFTER A COUPLE HOURS. FAILURE TO DO SO CAN BE BAD. IDEALY IT SHOULD ABSORB ALL OF IT RELATIVLY FAST.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomen
Funky Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Near the constellation
Re: Dry Yellowing on Colonized Grain in Tub [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24711109 - 10/15/17 04:15 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomen said:
Quote:

beancake said:
I am looking for some guidance for proper amount of misting:

1. How would I know surface is too dry?
2. How would I know surface is too wet? (all I have found is 'no puddles')
3. How would I know surface is just right?

So if Goldilocks is out there...

I've been looking for this picture for a long time... But I remember well that someone post a pic where you can see the difference between, Dry; Moist and Perfect.. or something like this but the difference was visible.. I hope someone will post it.

Hey my man!
I'm going crazy since last night looking around for this fvking picture !!!

I'm still trying to find it... but.. Maybe someone may help us?
I'm pretty sure it was right here in Shroomery.. :|

Edited by Shroomen (10/15/17 04:18 AM)

Offlinebeancake
Weirdo

Re: Dry Yellowing on Colonized Grain in Tub [Re: KrombopulosM]
    #24711231 - 10/15/17 07:23 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Mad

--------------------
How terrible is wisdom that brings no profit to the wise?

Offlinebeancake
Weirdo

Re: Dry Yellowing on Colonized Grain in Tub [Re: beancake]
    #24714636 - 10/16/17 04:05 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Shroomen,

I know how it is....!!!!

OK sooooo, my tubs seem to have stabilized, I am not seeing any more green growth, and the green tint post the iodine has even started to fade.

Not sure if it was the iodine and surface removal or if I needed to lighten up on the misting. Now that my surface is not fluffy anymore I do not really get droplets. This has made it difficult for me to judge when to mist. On Saturday I misted several times because I could not detect any surface moisture, but with the last one I noticed yellow liquid pooling in a couple spots. I def did not mist that heavily, I assume that I did over mist stressing the myc and encouraging bacterial growth.

This morning I harvested 2 for a total of 29 grams. This evening another 97 g. Short fatties, GT. Quick search indicates possible causes being too much water in substrate and genetics being two most likely causes. This is from a MS syringe.

While I was trying to excise the "contaminated" spots I accidentally sliced off a part of a cap. I saw it the next day in the tub and scarfed it down, def had some good vibrations for most of the evening. The shroom has continued to grow and looks close to opening up.

I freaked out thinking I was going to lose my first tubs and would be left with nothing 2 months in, but I will def have enough to hold me over until my next go round. And a enough side pins for your cousins and my grandma. Even saw a few on the bottom, not looking forward to harvesting those. I have been waiting for these since the early 90s, my one and only trip out in the desert that made me the beancake that I am today.

Thanks again for the help and for looking!!!

--------------------
How terrible is wisdom that brings no profit to the wise?

Edited by beancake (10/16/17 07:35 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale