Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
Newbie-please help
    #24696692 - 10/09/17 01:03 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hi, i know, it is stupid, but is this ok? https://imgur.com/a/7lMVE it is 4th day and this appeard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegrownright
Duke of Lizzards
I'm a teapot

Loc: Deep South Flag
Re: Newbie-please help [Re: Nymir]
    #24696713 - 10/09/17 01:09 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Too early to tell for me, maybe someone else can tell. The stringiness of the mycelium isn't a good sign but cubensis mycelium can start off looking like your picture. Give it a couple days and upload another picture. Maybe upload it on here rather than imgur. Not everyone is going to click on links leaving this sight cause :tinfoil:

--------------------

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Newbie-please help [Re: grownright]
    #24696867 - 10/09/17 01:56 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

thx.. 

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24698402 - 10/09/17 10:08 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like myc to me.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Newbie-please help [Re: Mad Season]
    #24698729 - 10/10/17 04:07 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

thx fo answer...today photos-

OfflineGlasShrooms
Stranger
Re: Newbie-please help [Re: Nymir] * 1
    #24698829 - 10/10/17 06:25 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Looking at the first of the two newest pictures, you've definitely got some sort of green mold.

The stuff on the left looks like mushroom mycelium, but the bluish green stuff at the bottom and on the right with no colonization surrounding it is mold.

Toss it before it spreads spores all over your growing area.

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Newbie-please help [Re: GlasShrooms]
    #24698981 - 10/10/17 08:18 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

So i have to remove that things? It will help? Is there a chance to rescue my growkit? Why it happened?
edit: Pictures after removing mold- it is ok?

Edited by Nymir (10/10/17 08:54 AM)

Invisiblegrownright
Duke of Lizzards
I'm a teapot

#24699225 - 10/10/17 10:09 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Theres no helping that, please throw it away. Please

--------------------

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24699234 - 10/10/17 10:12 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, thx for your advise. But what was wrong? I dont understand

OfflineGlasShrooms
Stranger
    #24699238 - 10/10/17 10:13 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

It's just going to grow more mold. If it had reached full colonization and THEN contaminated, there might be some hope of getting something from it before it totally succumbed to contaminants if you were desperate and willing to contaminate your grow area with mold spores (likely to contaminate future grows), but not when it contaminated so early.

As for why it happened, I have some guesses but need more information to give an accurate answer.

What is your substrate made of and how did you inoculate it? Is it just colonizing open to the air inside that big plastic bag with holes in it or did you have a lid on that with filtered gas exchange ports?

If you had an exposed nutritious substrate on top and nothing to filter out contaminants, some mold spores just floated in through the holes in the bag and landed on top of it and started growing.

It sounds like you're using some sort of kit, did it come pre-sterilized? If not, what was your sterilization procedure?

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24699511 - 10/10/17 12:56 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

i bought it here: https://www.zamnesia.com/magic-mushroom-grow-kit/1891-mckennaii-supa-gro.html ; I was not doing something special with it. Just done what is in video at that page and zamnesia manual https://www.zamnesia.com/content/216-instructions-100-mycelium-kit-supa-gro

OfflineGlasShrooms
Stranger
    #24700490 - 10/10/17 07:41 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like a shitty kit then. It looks like it contaminated before it was even fully colonized, or the mycelium was so weak it allowed contaminants to grow. Fully colonized substrates should be very contam resistant, but the quality of pre-colonized kits can be shit, or they can get fucked up in shipping.

Kits suck and are overpriced, and growing cubes yourself from scratch is very easy.

Order some spores and search for the PF tek. It's the easiest way for beginners and requires no special equipment.

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24701344 - 10/11/17 05:16 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thx for your advices. Is there some good guide for dumbs to grow shrooms with that method with spores and PF tek?

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24707065 - 10/13/17 12:28 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Guys from zamnesia will send me a new grow kit (i wrote them and they came with this solution). Any advices how to raise my chance for successful grow?

Edited by Nymir (10/13/17 12:29 PM)

Offlineyellowbricktoad

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbo... Flag
    #24707155 - 10/13/17 01:08 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I am the furthest thing from an expert and I am on my first grow as well (with a kit). After reading my "instructions" (lol) it explains it mold appears use (only on the top layer) use a sterile spoon (boiled wrapped in tin foil for 10 mins/let cool first) and remove the mold. And then dump salt on the area where the mold was.... You should probably start contacting the company who send you the kit though, and see if it is replaceable

--------------------
"How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale"

L. Carroll

Invisiblegrownright
Duke of Lizzards
I'm a teapot

Re: Newbie-please help [Re: yellowbricktoad]
    #24707207 - 10/13/17 01:28 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nymir said:
Guys from zamnesia will send me a new grow kit (i wrote them and they came with this solution). Any advices how to raise my chance for successful grow?

Researching plenty on here. UTFSE (Use the fucking search engine) and search for things like "glove box", "Sterile technique", "PF tek", "Shot gun fruiting chamber" then start reading

Quote:

yellowbricktoad said:
I am the furthest thing from an expert and I am on my first grow as well (with a kit). After reading my "instructions" (lol) it explains it mold appears use (only on the top layer) use a sterile spoon (boiled wrapped in tin foil for 10 mins/let cool first) and remove the mold. And then dump salt on the area where the mold was.... You should probably start contacting the company who send you the kit though, and see if it is replaceable

That wont stop the mold. Once the mold has sporulated the spores have already spread all around the grow. Even if you pull the mold out with a "sterile" (boiling it isnt sterile, its sanitized) spoon the spores have landed on the grow and will start germination in no time

--------------------

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24719390 - 10/18/17 12:40 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

How will Shot gun fruiting chamber help me, if i have grow box?

Edited by Nymir (10/18/17 12:41 PM)

Invisiblegrownright
Duke of Lizzards
I'm a teapot

#24719456 - 10/18/17 01:19 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The growboxes are designed like shit. A shotgun fruiting chamber has been designed to provide more than adequate FAE while also holding the humidity needed to fruit. Your "growbox" is nothing more than a plastic tub inside of a plastic bag. Once again dude, UTFSE

--------------------

OfflineNymir
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24719535 - 10/18/17 01:57 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Ty. What i learned there- grow boxes are shit. In future, when my situation will be better, i will study more about growing mushrooms and I will try PF tek. Now i have there this grow box, so i have to try with it, maybe i will learn something.

Invisiblegrownright
Duke of Lizzards
I'm a teapot

#24719540 - 10/18/17 02:00 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

You'll get there. Just make sure you do plenty of reading on the PF tek and when you're ready to move to growing more you can swap to monotubs. Just do lots of research on those topics and on the topics I mentioned above (still air box, and sterile technique especially)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags