Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFattyB0omBo0m
rhizohmmmm
I'm a teapot User Gallery

getting paranoid, seeking reassurance.
    #24693494 - 10/08/17 09:41 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Friends!

I've not observed good OPSEC practices while foraying into this hobby - I'm using Windows 10 without any precautions whatsoever. No TOR, no VPN, nothing.

I'm banking on two things -- one, my ISP doesn't care enough to flag my traffic as suspicious and two, the Shroomery is HTTPS, so presumably there's no chance of a man-in-the-middle attack or eavesdropping.

So, anyone here in a similar situation? I looked through the forums but couldn't find any users whose ISP took 'em down... anyone wanna correct me if I'm wrong?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: FattyB0omBo0m]
    #24695874 - 10/09/17 04:08 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm doing the same and have been for years. Just keep incriminating posts to a minimum.

--------------------

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #24696469 - 10/09/17 11:32 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:facepalm:

This comes up once a week or more. Don't do shit IRL to get yourself busted and don't tell people where you live. Do use the search engine when you have a question.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Anonymous #1

Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #24697020 - 10/09/17 02:37 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

loose lips sink ships OP. Go with your gut.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #24699662 - 10/10/17 02:24 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
loose lips sink ships OP. Go with your gut.

Quote:

NothingsChanged said:
I'm doing the same and have been for years. Just keep incriminating posts to a minimum.

I don't use any sort of VPN or other method of hiding my internet activity when logging on here, and I frequently log on from networks that are tracked separately from ISPs, like school networks and stuff. I've never had any issues, except the occasional blanket ban in more conservative high schools (Have a tendency to lead local science outreach events).

I also do not post any information that can be used in a court of law to put me in jail. The statute of limitations has expired on any illegal activity that I post on here.

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: Kryptos]
    #24703862 - 10/12/17 02:25 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I think shroomery has only been asked for info once and it was related to a custody battle - i might be wrong though.

Its all in your head dude. Are you moving millions of dollars in drugs? im pretty sure your not on their watch list man

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

Anonymous #2

Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: prettyMushy]
    #24715722 - 10/17/17 12:31 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

If you are paranoid then take best steps:

1) Get a burner laptop. You don't need anything fancy.
2) Make a TAILS disk with persistence with a strong password (e.g. DICEWARE 8-10 words)
3) Make a new account on the Shroomery with info that has never been on the clearnet. New strong password. New username. New email. The whole 9 yards.
4) You can only post in the Cultivation forum until you hit 50 posts
5) Wipe your Windows computer and don't do any shady stuff on it.

You might need to do the registration with the Unsafe browser on TAILS. You should do this outside of your house. Preferably far away in a common place like a university or busy coffee shop that you do not usually frequent.

Other stuff:
- You can use TAILS normally to post/browse on your wifi.
- Use bridges if you want to hide your TOR traffic from your ISP.
- You can also crack neighborhood wifi and use a long-range antenna from home.
- Shutdown the laptop when you are not using it.
- Site does not function well with the Tor Browser security slider all the way up, but it is functional. I suggest you learn to live with it that way.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #24717172 - 10/17/17 03:50 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Of course, literally all of the above is completely useless if you don't also change your speaking cadence and typing style. Otherwise anyone with even half decent observation skills (and a lot of extra time) will be able to compare your new profile to your previous internet existence and identify you.

Some of the above is also a Serious Felony. Don't crack other people's wifi, it's very illegal now.

Anonymous #2

#24718319 - 10/17/17 10:14 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Growing mushrooms is a serious felony in most places.

Cracking wi-fi is not illegal in all jurisdictions.

When done correctly, the chance of being caught wifi cracking is absolutely miniscule especially a network that is easily susceptible.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #24718421 - 10/17/17 11:29 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It would be kind of hard to get caught cracking wifi, as most people wouldn't know how to go about tracking down the offender.  Plenty of open wifi networks around anyway, all McDonalds have them for instance.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: getting paranoid, seeking reassurance. [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #24718794 - 10/18/17 07:08 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
It would be kind of hard to get caught cracking wifi, as most people wouldn't know how to go about tracking down the offender.  Plenty of open wifi networks around anyway, all McDonalds have them for instance.

free wifi is the way to go. PATRIOT act really cracked down on cybercrime, to the point where accessing an unsecured wifi network without administrator permissions is a good way to spend the next 5 years in prison. Not to mention any kind of cracking. EU has been putting some cybercrime laws on the books too, but I haven't been paying as much attention.

Sure, most people don't know what to look for...But it's like the old cop's adage: The criminals have to get lucky every time, the cops only have to get lucky once.

Edited by Kryptos (10/18/17 07:09 AM)

Anonymous #1

#24718802 - 10/18/17 07:15 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

my router shows history of connection attempts and devices. I also have a program called wireshark to monitor traffic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck