Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineXpholt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Begginer needing some advice
    #24690124 - 10/07/17 05:52 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Please forgive me if i sound rather new to this hobby; its because i am. Infact this is my first post and I have never attempted a grow before either! But i do feel rather confident in what i am doing. I wish to grow in bulk, and i already know what substrate i am using and etc. My confliction is with which tek i should use !

Ive been doing quite a bit of research (but never enough it seems) on different teks and styles of each tek, trying to find one that suites my needs. And ive come to be torn between either using a monotub or three or 4 sets of 6+qt dub tubs.

The dubtubs spark my interest because i have read that they are very reliable and pretty noob friendly as long as conditions are kept right and you are sterile as possible. In addition being very easy to conceal (not an issue) and move around. I feel as if i were to have a few double tubs going it would be comparable to the one monotub i am considering.
I plan on using either zombie tubs or a mist and fan method.

Mono's spark my interest because of yield, as well as less maintenance being required. I enjoy the idea of setting and forgetting, because of my 5 day a week work schedule There are long periods of time i wont be able to mist or fan (7+ hours) while i am at work. Its to my understanding though that they are MUCH easier to contam, and this worries me because of my lack of expeience.
I plan on using a ohmatic tek set up.

I understand what is required for both methods but what would you guys think would be my best bet for minimal maintence while safely getting fruits in a bulk fashion? Monotubs or dubtubs?

Edited by Xpholt (10/07/17 05:59 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Begginer needing some advice [Re: Xpholt]
    #24690429 - 10/07/17 10:57 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Monotubs are very contamination resistant if you used clean spawn to make them

Generally you don't need to mist a mono at all maybe a few times a week at most. Never need to fan it ever

Ohmatic is outdated find any newer monotub tek. Like all the ones in the sticky posts at the top.

Offlinebyte.1
Stranger
Re: Begginer needing some advice [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24690496 - 10/07/17 11:29 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

This was helpful for me as well as I'm trying to decide my best approach as well.

OfflineXpholt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24693019 - 10/08/17 03:49 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Good to know. Ill have to invest in a monotub then to reduce the fanning issues.
I just put my jars in the pc and they should be done in about 20 mins.
I didnt really let the wbs drain all that well, i just moved it from a couple sterilized bowls to another. Straining with each bowl transfer. I followed foo mans wbs tek. Seemed pretty effective; but the seeds were slightly wet when loading jars. Do you guys think the mositser will be too much? i covered lids with tin foil to prevent any extra moister from pc entering getting into the jars.
Ill be posring pics of my process/progress soon. For references. But any input would be great.

Edited by Xpholt (10/08/17 03:53 AM)

OfflineKrombopulosM
Mycoshaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Northeast Florida Flag
    #24698684 - 10/10/17 04:51 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I followed franks wbs tek which is basically my tek. I believe your seed is too wet. I test it by placing a small handful on a paper towel for 10 seconds. It shouldnt leave moisture behind. I have wat i believe to be a superior seed prep station due to the large amount of jars i keep in rotation. I let mine air dry in screen tubs on top of box fans letting the air suck through the seed for atleast 45 minutes . also maybe find updated tek. Mono tub is set and forget. I keep the lids off mine during fruiting with a small hepa and ionizer in close proximity. Once the tub is colonized by clean myc its pretty contam resistant.  I mist every hour tho. Personal preference

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started