Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedubayou
Stranger
My first dunk n roll.....any advice?
    #24689887 - 10/07/17 01:09 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I injected 24 jars with 24 ccs of two different strains about 3 weeks ago, and they are all almost fully colonized with no contaminations that I can see.  I took every precation in creating the jars to keep them sterile, and it seems to have paid off.  I am going to let them sit an additional week, then the dunk n roll begins.

This is the step that scares me.  Having never done this before, I have no experience except from the videos/tutorials I lookup online.  I see people handling the cakes with their bare hands, putting them directly under their kitchen sink and rolling them around a bit.  This seems scary as it seems like it would be easy to damage the cake, or even easier for them to get contaminated.  Is sink water really fine to just pour onto these cakes?  The video I watched then shows the guy putting them into a giant pot and allows them to sit for 24 hours.  I assume I boil this water first to clean it out?? Then let it go back to room temperature?

The video does recommend steralizing the vermeculite you put onto the outside of the cakes.  It says you can put it in the over, but I was probably just going to use my pressure cooker and put it in a giant container to sterilize in. 

Thanks for reading my post and also for any advice you can share for someone going into this step for their first time.  Thanks!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStaplerhead
Phanner

Re: My first dunk n roll.....any advice? [Re: dubayou]
    #24689933 - 10/07/17 01:42 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you're overthinking this.
Once the cakes are fully colonized they are fairly resistant to contams.
Just take a deep breath, then dunk and roll. Everything should be okay.

--------------------
You know It's gonna get stranger, let's get on with the show

Offlinein_dot
Shake N' Bake
Male

Loc: East Coast
Re: My first dunk n roll.....any advice? [Re: Staplerhead]
    #24689991 - 10/07/17 02:29 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

:whathesaid: The contaminants need a space on the surface of the highly nutritious cake.  Once fully colonized, there is no space left for the contamination to take hold.  Just don't be careless with them and you'll be fine. :goodluck:

--------------------
Loneliness is a term used by those that aren't comfortable with themselves
Once one conquers loneliness, others are never needed to find happiness

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation