Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Spawn Bags, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDjcorbetto
Stranger
Loc: UK Flag
Help Me Out Please
    #24682735 - 10/04/17 08:55 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I have about 10 16oz wide mouth jars that have phoenix oyster mycelium on them on a WBS substrate. These jars are very much ready to go onto the next day but I have a desire to research something so much that I end up just forgetting to do it.

Can someone advise me on what they would suggest I use to fruit these mushrooms, the substrate and the method as I've seen buckets, logs and spawn bags but haven't found one that stands out as the best one and I really want to get them sorted this weekend so I can refill the jars with more WBS and restart the process.

Any ideas? No idea will be rejected. Ideally something that can be upscaled would be great but for now anything will work I guess.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuadman
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL Flag
Re: Help Me Out Please [Re: Djcorbetto]
    #24682954 - 10/04/17 11:45 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Mostly method is determined by ingredients you have available. With out knowing substrates you have available hard to tell you how to proceed. Maybe someone from UK can tell you what they use. For me it's all about being economical.

--------------------

InvisibleLizardWizardS
Biased to the brim
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: Help Me Out Please [Re: Quadman]
    #24685884 - 10/05/17 02:34 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I've never fruited oysters before, but they supposedly are very easy and forgiving. You could even spawn to a monotub, but if the fruiting surface is horizontal they tend to have a higher stem to shelf ratio, so it's better to fruit them with vertical fruiting surface. Personally, I'd say if you have the space for it, spawn to bags and hang those, when fully colonized just make slits in the bags and they'll fruit from there.

OfflineFunguy182
Stranger
Re: Help Me Out Please [Re: LizardWizard]
    #24690094 - 10/07/17 05:04 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Your best bet is to do either buckets or bags man. Simply past. Straw pack your bags with the straw and spawn and let those colonize. When fully colonized ( you will know bc it will turn all white) simply cut x slits in the bags about one inch slits. Mist with water twice a day and make sure the humidity is about 90 percent and about 75 degree F and they should pin for you. Pretty much the same with all oysters. Kings are a little different.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Spawn Bags, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms