Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDiggler
Stranger
 User Gallery

A few newbie questions concerning misting pins and other things
    #24679973 - 10/03/17 03:22 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

1) I've read here that it can be damaging to pins to mist them. And so I'm thinking that perhaps it's also damaging to mist knots as well? At what size in the development of knots/pins is it safe to mist them? It seems like a catch 22.....that one of the main pinning triggers is having things at 100% humidity, and to keep the humidity that high, you might be damaging the existing pins and knots by misting.

2) After first flush and then after dunking the sub, is it critical to have lots of FAE or is it more important to just have GE (similar conditions when spawning the sub) so that the mycelium has a chance to heal/re-energize before fruiting?

3) If one is not using a tub liner (trash bag), I know that side pins tend to form from the microclimate created between the sub and the side of the tub. Are these side pins taking away from ones that would be forming in the top of the sub if there were a liner present? In other words, do side pins take away from fruiting in the center of the tub, or does the growing in the center of the tub have to do exclusively with favorable pinning conditions in that area?

Thanks for any help!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A few newbie questions concerning misting pins and other things [Re: Diggler]
    #24680219 - 10/03/17 08:19 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

1. You mist the cakes and pins. Mushrooms like rain

2. Sgfc? Gets fae all by itself 24/7 automatically 365. The cakes have GE while in the jars colonizing.

Otherwise for bulk monotubs get fae automatically when in fruiting conditions. And GE until then

3. Probably. I don't use a liner and don't get side pins. Look thru my teks

OfflineDiggler
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A few newbie questions concerning misting pins and other things [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24680703 - 10/03/17 01:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yes Sgfc. I started out with few too holes I believe and after reading, tripled the amount of holes for more FAE.
So at no point is misting pins harmful is what your saying (mirroring conditions in nature)
And GE is more for colonizing jars and spawning.... and so after flushes and dunking, I should just worry about supplying FAE (naturally in a Sgfc).
I am curious as to how you don't get side pins without a liner. Most of everything I've gotten has been side pins. Will be checking out your Teks.
Thanks!!

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
1. You mist the cakes and pins. Mushrooms like rain

2. Sgfc? Gets fae all by itself 24/7 automatically 365. The cakes have GE while in the jars colonizing.

Otherwise for bulk monotubs get fae automatically when in fruiting conditions. And GE until then

3. Probably. I don't use a liner and don't get side pins. Look thru my teks

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A few newbie questions concerning misting pins and other things [Re: Diggler]
    #24680711 - 10/03/17 01:14 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Sgfc should be made to directions. Not too few or too many holes. Just right.

New growers always think theyre making changes that are an improvement to things. Most of the time they haven't had the necessary experience with to make good changes big example is people putting fewer holes in a sgfc to raise humidity but it actually lowers humidity since theres less air flow.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started