Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJohnny5ive
Stranger
Trying to save a kit. Any help would be appreciated!
    #24679379 - 10/02/17 10:26 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Say one buys a kit that uses straw and a soil casing layer (I know, it's a kit...).  The instructions said to mist lightly everyday (during the fruiting stage) with the condition not to leave pooling on the soil.  Say one then over-waters the soil by spraying it each day with approximately the amount that the instructions called for prior to the second and third flushes, for the first 4 or 5 days of watering. In other words the soil was pretty wet because I was taking the puddling criteria pretty literally.  I stopped spraying it then for the next two weeks since there was always condensation on the dome cover and the soil was wet. For a total grow time of 2.5 weeks there have been about 200 g wet grow which I consider a first flush although they mostly only grew around the sides of the box.  The large ones were picked right after the veil broke.  At the same time there were many tiny pins that all aborted.  I blame this on having to keep it in the closet for two days when my landlord did sprinkler inspections...  The mycelium is a little bit fluffy over the casing now but seems healthy.  Maybe a little bit shiny which I'm thinking might be drying out?  Although I'd imagine at the soil layer it has to be very humid.  I guess I'm wondering if you think I should start lightly misting again or if a second flush will come soon if I keep letting the excess water evaporate (slowly because I don't want to leave the cover cracked for any amount of time).  Should I stop FAE for a while? 

Thanks for your help!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKrombopulosM
Mycoshaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Northeast Florida Flag
Re: Trying to save a kit. Any help would be appreciated! [Re: Johnny5ive]
    #24681686 - 10/03/17 08:00 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hydrate and stop FAE. its growing the mushrooms around the side because thats where conditions are best. Maybe increase the size of your lower holes and place a fan in closer proximity when u fruit again. Heres a good example of when i did something
similar

OfflineJohnny5ive
Stranger
Re: Trying to save a kit. Any help would be appreciated! [Re: KrombopulosM]
    #24682055 - 10/03/17 10:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Well see the thing is that my kit explicitly said not to cut holes in the plastic cover. I wonder though.  The mycelium is definitely concentrated around the edges.  Slowly growing to the center.  It's been about 3 weeks since I started the fruiting stage.  I see a few coming up again around the sides now.

And is misting so that the cover stays wet good enough?  I've read not to mist the soil directly.

OfflineKrombopulosM
Mycoshaman

#24683878 - 10/04/17 06:36 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Alot of kits have shitty directions. Your tub isnt getting proper FAE and wasnt fully colonized when u intoduced fruiting conditions, hydrate and start over. Second flush will be much better

OfflineJohnny5ive
Stranger
Re: Trying to save a kit. Any help would be appreciated! [Re: KrombopulosM]
    #24700040 - 10/10/17 06:59 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

By hydrate do you mean just mist it regularly?  Or should I give it a lot at once such as the 250 ml they call for between flushes.  The casing definitely seems nice and moist other than around the edges where the mycelium has dried onto the plastic a little bit.  Do you think that means it's too dry? 

Edited by Johnny5ive (10/10/17 07:03 PM)

OfflineKrombopulosM
Mycoshaman

#24710073 - 10/14/17 06:39 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Johnny5ive said:
By hydrate do you mean just mist it regularly?  Or should I give it a lot at once such as the 250 ml they call for between flushes.  The casing definitely seems nice and moist other than around the edges where the mycelium has dried onto the plastic a little bit.  Do you think that means it's too dry? 

Its on u man. I dont want to tell u wat to do. Im just telling you wat i would do if it were mine. Yes to the 250ml and yes to it being too dry thats y the myc is sticking to the edges and probably has shrunk a little. Sry i took me so long

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started