Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: stareatclouds]
    #24700314 - 10/10/17 06:42 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

stareatclouds said:
I've always seen spore syringes made the following way: scrape spores into a shot glass, spray sterile water into it, and then aspirate/spray 3-5x before capping the syringe.

Assuming there's a reasonably clean print, including the foil casing, is there a much bigger risk for contamination if you simply dropped the foil into a jar of sterilized water for SHIP aspiration?

Obviously spores are inherently dirty and there's always risk in creating syringes from them, but with a properly cared for print, any reason not to try this? It just seems easier overall and can make more syringes. The only other issue I can think of is maybe the spores won't dislodge without scraping initially.

Follow up question: I doubt people making syringes for vendors are going 1 shot glass at a time. What's the common method for bulk syringe making?

well you really dont want to use an entire print for a single syringe, but also there is a thing as really small prints. depends on how you handled the foil, I'd say. I sterilize my foil and put those inside foil envelopes, so you could probably get away with it if your prints are similar. i wouldn't drop the foil in if its all one piece.

bulk syringes are very similar. replace the shot glass with a pf-tek sized mason jar full of water and pull 5 syringes in a SAB per jar of water. I can make probably around 25-30 syringes an hour.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Munchauzen] * 1
    #24700358 - 10/10/17 06:57 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Good vendors use a centrifuge to separate spores from contaminated and like munch said bigger jars which can simply be stored...even a penis envy cap the size of a quarter will make upwards of 30 syringes

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: cronicr]
    #24700616 - 10/10/17 08:14 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply a full print for a single syringe. I was thinking a full print into a pint or quart jar for dozens of syringes (although aspiration is probably easier with multiple smaller, wide-mouth jars). Thanks to both for the answers.

Since both of you are skilled syringe makers, a quick one re: syringe storage. I plan to store Lion's Mane LC in 60cc syringes for a bit until I can use them. I don't have "covers" for my needle tips, but do have the twist-in Luer lock plugs. After researching, I've heard conflicting advice on storage.

My plan is to aspirate through a SHIP and screw in a sterilized Luer lock cap. Any glaring issue with this? I saw cronicr say he stores them upside down in with the needle on in a mason jar.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: stareatclouds]
    #24700712 - 10/10/17 08:44 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I only store them that way after I lose the luer lock lol...the lick is better suited and I also only store spores syringes like that otherwise I get a cap full of spores

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinepaegan
Stranger
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #24701150 - 10/11/17 12:38 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Hey there, it is my first grow and I have questions about fruiting.

I am using a shotgun terrarium with saturated perlite and grow light 12/12, but didn't realize I needed to elevate the bin off the ground until today. Cakes have been sitting in there for almost a week now (I waited 1 week after 100% colonization before birthing) and I haven't been getting any pinning yet. It smells really "mushroomy" in there and the mycelium has overtaken much of the casing layer and still looks healthy but no shrooms...

What else can I do apart from elevate the bin and mist occasionally to induce fruiting?

--------------------
Virtual Reality, Analog

OfflineQayyn Eb-Ur
Vagabond
Male User Gallery

Loc: East of the valley
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: paegan]
    #24701182 - 10/11/17 01:29 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
If you see Lil'ktu then tell her I'm sorry.
Texas Climate and Soil Data

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: paegan]
    #24701221 - 10/11/17 02:21 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

paegan said:
Hey there, it is my first grow and I have questions about fruiting.

I am using a shotgun terrarium with saturated perlite and grow light 12/12, but didn't realize I needed to elevate the bin off the ground until today. Cakes have been sitting in there for almost a week now (I waited 1 week after 100% colonization before birthing) and I haven't been getting any pinning yet. It smells really "mushroomy" in there and the mycelium has overtaken much of the casing layer and still looks healthy but no shrooms...

What else can I do apart from elevate the bin and mist occasionally to induce fruiting?

Nothing just keep misting and wait!

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: cronicr]
    #24701254 - 10/11/17 03:00 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
I only store them that way after I lose the luer lock lol...the lick is better suited and I also only store spores syringes like that otherwise I get a cap full of spores

Okay, thanks. I plan on keeping a jar of sterilized locks in tin foil for my LC's. Thanks for the help, cHr0nIcER.

OfflineQayyn Eb-Ur
Vagabond
Male User Gallery

Loc: East of the valley
    #24701272 - 10/11/17 03:19 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I have some A. Muscaria spore on agar, and as one may suspect: NADA

should I make agar from scratch but using a root tea for the water? and PDA or Malt?

I almost don't even care about fruits at this point. I wanna get some myc going just to get it under a microscope maybe.

thanks in advance.

--------------------
If you see Lil'ktu then tell her I'm sorry.
Texas Climate and Soil Data

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Qayyn Eb-Ur]
    #24701510 - 10/11/17 07:46 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

You cant grow a.muscaria anyway.

Spores should germinate on mea just fine try root if you want

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24702400 - 10/11/17 01:43 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

OfflineKidMyco4296
 User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: van hatton]
    #24702828 - 10/11/17 04:34 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm aware that popcorn is shit, and I have some agar on the way, but I did try to inoculate some jars of popcorn and after doing some reading I saw that in no circumstance do you rince your grain after or it will be too wet, but sure enough I did it. Am I wasting my time with these jars or should I play it out? I waited on the grain to dry, but will that matter?

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: KidMyco4296]
    #24702850 - 10/11/17 04:43 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

If the grain was dry before loading it's fine...just wait n see

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflinePaulWall
Mush Love
 User Gallery

#24702934 - 10/11/17 05:18 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

If I'm pasteurizing hpoo/straw/coir and inside the jar it  hits 190°F and goes down slowly over the next hour, will this still suffice?

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: PaulWall]
    #24702950 - 10/11/17 05:26 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

That's too hot

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24702954 - 10/11/17 05:27 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Hitting 170f for 10m is a do over situation for pasteurization

Invisiblepezhvak
Teacher
Male

Loc: Universe Kernel
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24704805 - 10/12/17 01:08 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

this is one of my gt jars, they are ~20 days old. is it 100% colonized?

--------------------
Know thyself, and thou shalt know the universe and God

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: pezhvak]
    #24705044 - 10/12/17 03:20 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Its all white all the way around then yes. From the picture if its like that on all sides it is 100%

InvisibleYonatin
Male

Loc: Flag
    #24705259 - 10/12/17 05:15 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I read on here from a Trusted Cultivators that fanning in a sgfc is a waste. I know that the TCs have extensive knowledge but, I had never heard of that. Should I head that advice?

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Yonatin]
    #24705260 - 10/12/17 05:16 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Yep

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale