Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenovice_psychonaut
No One of Import
Male

Try to describe the indescribable?
    #24678061 - 10/02/17 03:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think I've ever firmly experienced a level 5 trip. It's on my agenda, but I'm also not in a hurry. The closest I've come is wavering in and out of consciousness within a dissolved/dead ego state and becoming God/the universe, but only for a seemingly very short time. And that's saying something, considering the factors of time dilation and eternity loops. I think maybe my consciousness was overwhelmed by the experience at these times and couldn't process them, so it shut down for periods of time.

For people who have experienced level 5 trips, does the experience usually last a long time, or does it seem to pass by in a flash? Are there common themes with your trips, if you can even begin to describe them? I'm sure everyone's experience is going to vary, but I'd also like to know what experiences might be universal or at least common. Admittedly, I haven't read many level 5 reports, but I'll look into them more as well.

--------------------
As long as there exist two slices of bread, and based on a loose definition of the word "between," the entire universe can technically be considered a sandwich.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: novice_psychonaut] * 1
    #24678227 - 10/02/17 04:26 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

They are very short, IME. Though, seconds can feel like an eternity.

As far as a description, no thing. No sound, no color, no self, just a feeling of being everything, or that everything is coming from within you.

I'm going back to work now.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: HamHead]
    #24679673 - 10/03/17 12:10 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It's hard to describe in that it's never been well defined to begin with, it's definition is that it's undefinable. For me they're all kind of the same, where do you draw the line? I could be talking to you in the check out line and you'd never know I was dead.

A common experience is looking in/through until everything in my field fades. With it my body and mind. As it fades away a spherical ball of energy comes with it that condenses into a single point at which it reflects off of itself and starts expanding, it's not visual, it's hard to describe how it is perceived. It expands outward eventually encompassing all of space and time, the vastness is incomprehensible. It grows outward, the shell getting thinner and thinner until it eventually pops and with that so does that remaining awareness.

That normally happens in a near instant, a few seconds maybe, but it would also be true to say it did cover all space and time. Subjectively what am I supposed to answer? Who's asking? I've come to the habit of not trying, why explain the movie when you can watch it? It doesn't stop because you started, but pay attention or you'll miss your queue.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: novice_psychonaut] * 1
    #24680276 - 10/03/17 09:13 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

infinity, multi-dimensionality, and timelessness combine.
ordinary thinking does not happen mixed with this.
at the same time it is not strange.

--------------------

Offlinenovice_psychonaut
No One of Import
Male

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: krypto2000]
    #24680317 - 10/03/17 09:34 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
why explain the movie when you can watch it?

That's a very good point. I started asking questions about other people's experiences here, but I quickly found that I didn't really want to hear them. I guess I had hoped to find some common ground with the community, but I was also looking for reassurance that there was much more waiting for me down the rabbit hole. The few answers I've gotten have actually been disappointing and even jading. But I don't need to rely on the word of people who aren't me to delve deeper into my own psyche - I just need to do it, enjoy it for myself, and learn what I can through my own experiences.

Edit
I just found this quote from Terence McKenna:
"You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding."

--------------------
As long as there exist two slices of bread, and based on a loose definition of the word "between," the entire universe can technically be considered a sandwich.

Edited by novice_psychonaut (10/03/17 09:50 AM)

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24681157 - 10/03/17 03:53 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
infinity, multi-dimensionality, and timelessness combine.
ordinary thinking does not happen mixed with this
at the same time it is not strange.

this is only the tip of the iceberg as well. There is no.. "remember your just tripping" or putting signs up for you to see. You wont see, because you wont exist.. at least not in time and space as you know it.

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: prettyMushy]
    #24682462 - 10/04/17 02:19 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I would suggest consuming about 15 to 20 fresh mushies. I've heard that 30gs wet mushies equals one gram dry but I wouldn't even go by that because if you start weighing them you might decide it seems a bit much when in reality its just what you need!!! Haha.
      That's what I would do if I really wanted and needed to go Back There.....just eat a BUNCH of FRESH mushies in a fully comfortable setting!  They can help you achieve YOUR GOAL!!!

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: prettyMushy]
    #24682466 - 10/04/17 02:21 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Agreed for sure.

--------------------

Offlinenovice_psychonaut
No One of Import
Male

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24682472 - 10/04/17 02:24 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, okay, I'll try that. I've never eaten them fresh, but I'm game - should be way easier than eating them dry like I usually do.

--------------------

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: novice_psychonaut]
    #24682495 - 10/04/17 02:39 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah if you are lucky enough to find them fresh or can grow your own then thats the best way to go Bro!! These guys are doing a good job at describing it, I kinda like how prettymushy puts it. That's close to being able to describe it in my opinion but yeah, you definitely just have to go there and see......My first psychedelic experience was with 14 to 16 freshies and it was my Most Amazing by far.
      It was what the Indians would call my "Spirit Journey". I was shown many Amazing things!!! Mushrooms are more of a time tested and proven route than LSD so that's the way I choose! Nothing against, just my opinion! For a heavy trip like that though, just make sure you prepare yourself as it is a very heavy dose. I don't even know for sure how much actual "gram weight" I consumed as I was pretty much munching until I felt something!!! I will say it was Pure, Divine Joy and Love though!!! :thumbup::mushroom2:

--------------------

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

#24682496 - 10/04/17 02:41 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Like your "note to self from recent trip" too. Lol. Very True.

--------------------

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24684526 - 10/04/17 10:06 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Level 5

Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satorienlightenment (and other such labels).

"Level 5". Hmmm. I don't find that label very helpful, it's a bit of a "kitchen sink" definition that tries to include everything that might possibly happen, and is too focused on the visual elements of the trip. In my experience (on mushrooms) the visuals do get crazy ("don't look up, I think the ceiling just vanished") but at some point you cease to register them, and if you are expecting some kind of DMT-style all-encompassing open-eye visual hallucination to take over and "replace the actual universe which ceases to exist!!!!!!!!!!!!" it's unlikely to happen and anyway you'd probably be too lost inside your trip to notice....

:trippinbawelz:

If you're talking about the classic "ego-death" style trip then I'll try to describe it:

To begin with, you don't need an absolutely massive dose, in fact I think you can overshoot the dose and get a trip which is more dissociative and confused, like a hallucinogenic nightmare from which you occasionally  surface, before sliding back into the depths.

My "ego death" trips were more like level 4 trips during the onset, remorselessly building in intensity until there is a general feeling that you are slowly getting pulled into a kind of black hole which is going to obliterate everything.

:aliceshocker:

Quote:

Are there common themes with your trips, if you can even begin to describe them?

I think the common theme is death (perhaps unsurprisingly). When I closed my eyes it would feel like I was looking into some strange realm, full of glowing, writhing and coiling shapes which seemed somehow sinister, alien, threatening. I would get an increasing feeling that it was some kind of realm of the dead, and that I would have to enter it during the trip. In some other trips there was more of a religious element, like I could feel the presence of God, not in a peaceful way but more like awe in the face of something I would have to submit to.

Another common factor is the sheer intensity, where the trip becomes so overwhelming that you start to feel you have less and less room in which to exist; that you are going to be obliterated by the trip, that you need to surrender to some unfathomably powerful intelligence within it.

Sometimes you can experience your consciousness gradually being pulled apart, something that is no longer quite holding together, like you are coming and going at intervals. This period can be a panic-fuelled nightmare with an overwhelming feeling of doom, or something you are prepared to submit to..... either way, it feels like you have to die inside the trip.

:scaryshroom:

Quote:

For people who have experienced level 5 trips, does the experience usually last a long time, or does it seem to pass by in a flash?

I think the time when you are actually "gone" tends to be fairly short, maybe a few minutes if that. You normal waking conscious state gets temporarily obliterated by the trip, but in the absence of this, a new type of awareness fills your mind, something blissfully peaceful, vast and oceanic, that feels like the universe itself, as if the fabric of reality is one giant conscious matrix that you have finally tuned in to.

The visual element here is not so important... you might have your eyes open and be vacantly staring at the wall, you might have internal imaginary from the trip playing in your mind like a cinema screen nobody is watching.... you aren't really there to "see" it - it's more like you are temporarily subsumed into some vast conscious entity that comprises reality itself.

You are only really "present" to think "wow, holy fuck, what was that!" when you return to a wakeful state, like you just woke up, really woke up, for the first time. The experience at this point feels incredibly profound, revelatory, like at the peak of a nightmare trip a door has suddenly opened into a blissful realm of peace and serenity; you have uncovered some great secret about reality, you have seen beyond death.... quite possibly you are convinced at this point that you really *are* dead. It's a sort of spiritual ecstasy, basically.

You can start to wonder what has happened - was that God? Did I die? Am I God? Your normal everyday reality seems insignificant - you have finally found all the answers. It's quite easy to get stuck in a kind of solipsism where you are convinced that you are God, and mindfuck yourself trying to understand what's going on. You can get cascades of revelatory ideas flooding through your head, each one feeling as though you have uncovered another momentous secret. The gradual comedown from the peak starts with a feeling of raw power, an overwhelmingly ecstatic state that gradually subsides into a more more moderate euphoria and a more reflective mood.

:sunstone:

Quote:

I guess I had hoped to find some common ground with the community, but I was also looking for reassurance that there was much more waiting for me down the rabbit hole.

I don't know how my description compares with your previous trips, but a full-blown ego-death experience should blow away any feeling of being jaded or disappointed. It's like being wired up to the universe, plugged into the matrix: absolutely mind-blowing and very unexpected, filling you with amazement and rapture. If I sound a bit doubtful about the spiritual side of things, its only because its easy to overthink things on the comedown; its better if you can try and adopt a more buddhist "non-conceptual" understanding of the whole thing and see the experience as a demonstration of the 'nature of mind', rather than get drawn into delusions of grandeur where you literally believe you are God until the drugs wear off....

The other thread I like to follow in my trips is to get less tangled up in the grandiose spiritual epiphanies and transcendent states, and to try and focus on the sinister realm that opens up as the trip intensifies. If the dose is close to that required for ego-death (but not enough to pull me into it completely) it can feel as though I am witnessing a kind of alien apocalypse, with a kind of terror mixed with awe; the whole trip feels like an excellent science-fiction movie. When you get tired of the spiritual revelations, its time to start hunting the aliens :mushroom2:

:fearandloathing:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: Aldebaran]
    #24687008 - 10/05/17 11:21 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

One of my favorite level 5 trips involved me laying back on my couch while listening to an orchestra concert on PBS. I closed my eyes to simply "listen" to the music. I had perfect closed eye visuals that were In perfect time to the music.
      I literally witnessed my Soul spill out of me visually and become a million pixels which were then rearranged in space and put back more perfectly than before!!! Only God Can Do That! The mushroom is the vessel! :psychsplit:

--------------------

Offlinenovice_psychonaut
No One of Import
Male

#24687387 - 10/06/17 03:09 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, thank you for the in-depth response, Aldebaran! I tried to post this reply a day or two ago, but either it didn't post or it was deleted by a site admin - I had linked to a trip report containing many of the same experiences you detailed in your response. So it seems I have slipped into what people would call level 5 before.

Also, I really appreciate when people know how to use the word "comprise."

--------------------

Offlinejezpee
Stranger
    #24687585 - 10/06/17 07:38 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

The mind has 3 parts ego analytical and feeling. when you dissolve those 3 from each other and go full analysis mode, then reality is crystal clear. you have all the answers you need, but how to implement them after the trip. is the problem..
these are the greatest experiences.
Ego death the voice that you talk with in your head 24/7. When you silence that the universe opens and you know there is endless possibilities what your mind can create.
My seocnd favorite.
Havent had a trip with pure feelings yet or maybe that ego death was it??
does this make sense to anyone?? :laugh:

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: jezpee]
    #24688463 - 10/06/17 03:06 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Here is me trying to describe an lsd trip 3 years ago https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20005593/page/6

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Re: Try to describe the indescribable? [Re: prettyMushy] * 1
    #24714857 - 10/16/17 07:37 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I wanted to reply to your post last week but didn't get around it...

Quote:

prettyMushy wrote: After this i went to the other side of the room and noticed that i was sweating, so i wiped my forehead off with my hand and noticed all the sweat was turning to gold then everything i touched turned into pure gold, soft and flaky, so i started picking things up and throwing them across the room, breaking everything, saying "it doesnt matter!! its turning into gold!! we're rich!!".

She got me to sit down and tried to get me to meditate, so i sat down and got in a position to meditate, took a deep breath and all of a sudden i was in a test tube, like in the matrix, with fields of people around me.

A bunch of reptiles were staring at me and i could feel something like a wire coming from the back of my head, so i ripped it out and jumped up screaming "no fuck this fuck this fuck this!" as i got up and started walking my back fence turned into morphing reptiles, the ground i was walking on was hundreds of the under my feet making up everything around me. My GF stood in front of me and turned into one of these reptiles. I teleported to a birds eye view of the neighborhood and they were telling me how they were informing the human population slowly and plotting down new houses and neighborhoods to give each person that was enlightened a new house.

i then teleported down into one of the neighborhoods and there were thousands of people all around me congratulating me on becoming one of the enlightened ones. For the people who couldnt be there they had television cameras and were broadcasting live the events to other people who had been enlightened. They told me everyone on the other side would be successful in everything they did, there was no poverty or suffering on the other side.

There was a point that i had teleported to outside the universe and GOD told me i had to create a new one, he gave me a display with all the options and it was so over whelming i didnt know what to do. i would try to add planets then think that they were wrong, back tracking, placing planets in other spots..

That trip report you linked to was really interesting, thanks, gives a taste of what happens when the visuals get as crazy as the trip itself :thumbup:

:trippinballs:

Some of the delusional elements (fantastic riches, grandiose feelings of spiritual enlightenment, bizarre world-changing schemes involving lizards, contact with God) are quite familiar to me from my high-dose mushroom trips, but it seems like the LSD adds more of a visual component where you are actually hallucinating some of this stuff in front of you. It's interesting the way that some of the hallucinations have at least some link to reality (e.g paint seen as blood, sweat turns into gold) but I'm curious what you meant by the "teleporting"?

I feel like the visuals in my strong shroom trips seem to be more internal. I might get some cool OEV as the trip kicks in, but during the peak of a heavy trip its more of an internal voyage, a kind of "visionary" experience rather than something with extreme open-eye visuals. It's almost like "remembering" something, so I might see all kinds of outlandish stuff in my mind's eye (like spacecraft and so on) in a way which isn't really like CEV either.... more dreamlike; scenes that play out in my mind's eye and form a backdrop to the delusions, like a TV signal beaming in from another dimension. I find if I want to pay attention to the actual visuals, instead of getting lost inside my head, I have to dose slightly lower!

:slowpoke:

It's interesting that there is more than one way of visually losing contact with reality - getting lost in the internal voyage of a strong shroom trip and mentally disconnecting from reality (or falling asleep while you are tripping LOL), the kind of visuals you describe in that LSD trip which are totally warping the real world into something barely recognisable, and then the kind of other-dimensional experiences that people describe on DMT.

Also, this thread was about level 5 experiences. I tried to describe the "ego death" type experience above - I think you can overshoot this by dosing a bit too high, and end up in a trip which is less profound but harsh and heavily delusional, where death is not a release but something that keeps happening over and over again, as the world dies with you...

:psychoactiveair:

It can be quite hard to remember what the hell happened in these kind of trips, but I had an experience a year ago which was quite bizarre and I wrote down a short description in my trip journal while I was coming down. I'll post it separately below. I wouldn't exactly describe it as a "level 5" trip but it gives a flavor of the kind of insanity that awaits if you dose higher than is required for a more "transcendent" type of trip.

It might make more sense if I point out the trip is linked to a film I watched earlier the same week. Here's the trailer for my trip, LOL:

(Europa - Lars Von Trier)

--------------------

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

#24714859 - 10/16/17 07:38 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Short description of a heavy trip written during the comedown:
Quote:

I'm not sure if this is the strongest trip I've ever had, probably not, but I do remember it was enough for me to turn off the music,take off my headphones, and lay down to die, exhausted at the endless repetition of WWII horrors and alien monstrosities confronting me to the soundtrack of the most punishing techno on my playlist.

And I slept and died again, and found myself on the outside of the universe, grappling with multi-tentacled beasts and trying to get back in, asking forgiveness from God (myself) and looking forward to seeing lost friends and fixing the damaged relationships of the past.

Fighting back from the dead. Literally. Seeing the dead cities as rotting emblems of worlds collapsed, buried, and gone. Frozen in time at the moment of their destruction, nothing but corpses and ruins.
The world seen through vertigo-inducing descents of missiles and bombs, endless recording of weapons deployed and impacts registered. The end of all this, and the sickening stench of putrifying filth as air and time run out.

When they cut off the air and perform hostile "miracles" to shake you out of your complacency. When the world goes wrong. When they implant signs. When they instil psychosis as retribution for their own wrongs. When you go through this time after time after time.

When you weep over the dead bodies in a railway yard in Germany in 1945, knowing that the answers are here, but the bombs will be here sooner. You wait and you weep and you listen to the planes as the bombs begin to fall.

Then you know, or more likely you don't, that you are tripping.
Good Luck. You will need it. This is ... EUROPA

:feelsshroomyman: :aweoverdose:

--------------------

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#24714860 - 10/16/17 07:38 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

shit be crazy, my nigga

--------------------

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

#24715748 - 10/17/17 03:11 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Aldebaran said:
It's interesting the way that some of the hallucinations have at least some link to reality (e.g paint seen as blood, sweat turns into gold) but I'm curious what you meant by the "teleporting"?

I guess the best way i can describe it is like dreams. Have you ever had a dream then woke up, went back to sleep and had a completely different dream?

It was like hopping from dream to dream in an instant. one min im at a convention, next minute im standing in a neighborhood where they are plotting down houses for the enlightened, then all of a sudden im in a jail cell surrounded by people telling me i killed my gf.

It seemed like every 5 or 10 min i was going somewhere different. It was like i was living in different realities. Something always off about it but you cant put your finger on what it is. I still don't really comprehend it completely and honestly im not sure if i want to. I remember a giant machine that was powered by humans and it was crushing their souls to use as energy , i remember one of my friends being crushed and saying "think you guys could speed this up? this isnt very comfortable"

The teleporting kinda reminds me of this quote in the Bible where Jesus was tempted by satan.

"Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him."

Ill check out that video you posted in the morning and look forward to reading your report. If you have anymore questions let me know =D

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience