Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Pot breath test will expose impaired drivers [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26624373 - 04/24/20 10:25 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

More bullshit to generate profits and control over others, there's no comparison to driving under the influence of Marijuana vs Alcohol, especially when it comes to chronic use. I understand that some people will need to be more careful than others when they first start using cannabis,  but eventually they will not have the same reaction as when they first started using.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Pot breath test will expose impaired drivers [Re: Doc9151]
    #26628935 - 04/26/20 06:03 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I generally agree...especially about the tolerance part, cannabis tolerance works very different than alcohol tolerance...there does come a point where it just doesn't affect your coordination much anymore, especially outside that first toke of the day.

Although even for chronic users there is such a thing as too high to drive, here's the catch though, unlike alcohol which lowers your inhibitions and impairs your judgement, it's easy enough for chronic users to know when they've reached their limits.

Personally, I'd be willing to live with the inconvenience of not driving for a couple hours after getting high, even when I know I could, if it meant there was a reliable test to help keep people who really have no business driving off the road...my fear is that chronic users will still fail this test even when they have't recently consumed.

And I still can't believe edibles would have the same detection window as smoking, despite claims from the company. If it is true, that's one thing, but medical users who take an lowish oral dose in the morning shouldn't be restricted from driving all day.

Edited by Holybullshit (04/26/20 06:10 AM)

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot breath test will expose impaired drivers [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26629273 - 04/26/20 09:18 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

For me to be ok with something like this it needs to be able to give blood concentrations not a yes they have smoked weed but we can't say how much is in their system type of scenario,  it needs to be like alcohol where if someone blows over .08 or something like that.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
    #26629751 - 04/26/20 12:29 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

For me to be OK with this they need to fuck off completely with it

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26631514 - 04/27/20 06:36 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I don't imagine it would be very difficult to get the device to do that...how arbitrary those numbers are could be a different story.

I guess blood levels could be discovered/confirmed by drawing of blood after arrest...but that doesn't really solve the problem facing chronic users/those with a tolerance. Acceptable levels would no doubt be based on the affect cannabis has on infrequent users, at best, or possibly those who are cannabis naive.

I really don't see any possible path forward that works fairly for chronic users, especially given our "zero tolerance" approach. It will be difficult, even with evidence, to get policy makers to accept that cannabis tolerance(unlike alcohol tolerance) has a real and meaningful affect on ones ability to drive with cannabis in their system and craft legislation accordingly.

One could hope that it would be possible to refuse the "cannabis breathalyzer" while still submitting to a standardized field sobriety test...and hope the officers act in good faith(good luck). At least if they didn't, and you performed well, you could use the video in court. Although that provides little solace, as that means you were still subjected to arrest and likely will plea out before getting that far.

This is a subject I am very torn on...because I do not approve of DUI, but I also know that it is possible to drive safely under the influence of cannabis(to a degree) for those with a tolerance, I also know that it is much easier to judge when, and admit, it is not safe to drive under the influence of cannabis.

I also don't expect LEO to act in good faith, but they can already charge and arrest anyone they want for suspicion of DUI of cannabis. So such a device, or new policy regarding DUI of cannabis, could act to protect one from persecution by LEO.

I think I would just as soon not see such a device deployed, and just have officers rely on a SFST to determine ones ability to drive...even though I know under this scenario there will both be people who have no business driving who will either never be tested or pass the SFST, as well as people who are perfectly capable of driving and/or have low levels of cannabis in their system who will face arrest.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot breath test will expose impaired drivers [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26631567 - 04/27/20 07:26 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
For me to be OK with this they need to fuck off completely with it

Haha 😄 I agree Bod, it is bullshit!!! However,  we know big brother won't let it go.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds