Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 482 | 483 | 484 | 485 | 486 | 487 | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | Next > | Last >
Offlineholofractal
Woodlover experimentalist
I'm a teapot Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Tweeq] * 6
    #27774008 - 05/12/22 12:51 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Absolutely, you got it. Lot of spawn and they'll speed run colonization of the entire patch, and have plenty of time to consolidate.

If its big I hope you have some stones to step on, else I hope you are good at yoga, the mushrooms will twist you into a pretzel trying to reach the ones far back haha.

Edit:

Oh I forgot to show you guys, the azure's caps are going to be opening soon! I may have to move them to a larger tub so they can stretch out nicely. I can't believe it!

--------------------
Woodlover lover!
I am open to questions about wood lovers, I don't know everything, but if you like my posts and have a question, feel free to ask in a PM
I do a lot of indoor experiments. I, one day, WILL figure out a surefire method for indoor woodlovers. Nothing is impossible.

Indoor Woodlover experimentation Journal
Indoor woodlover information - condensed
Indoor azurescens :laugh:

Edited by holofractal (05/12/22 01:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblerhizoRider
Mycorrhizally expanding
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: holofractal]
    #27774346 - 05/12/22 04:54 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

:wooyeah:  Wow. :wizard:
Beauties holo      Damn did I miss a thread on that? Thought I was following your Azi trial

--------------------

Offlinewonderousovoid
Stranger
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: rhizoRider]
    #27774353 - 05/12/22 04:58 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

holofractal said:
Oh I forgot to show you guys, the azure's caps are going to be opening soon! I may have to move them to a larger tub so they can stretch out nicely. I can't believe it!

What temp are they fruiting at?

Edited by wonderousovoid (05/12/22 05:54 PM)

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Loc: Try 'n' Error Boot Camp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: wonderousovoid] * 7
    #27774391 - 05/12/22 05:24 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

InvisibleMysticMycologist
Dirt Sherpa
Male

Loc: seeking samadhi
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27774413 - 05/12/22 05:43 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Are those ovoids? Beautiful!

--------------------
Two eyes to look, One eye to see.
Prying open my third eye

InvisibleMr Piggy
Big Dick Retard
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: MysticMycologist] * 1
    #27774414 - 05/12/22 05:44 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Too red.

Subs?

--------------------
πŸ…ƒπŸ„΄πŸ„°πŸ„Ό πŸ„΅πŸ„ΎπŸ„ΈπŸ„»

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Mr Piggy] * 3
    #27774424 - 05/12/22 05:53 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Ah yeah sorry. Those are subs.

OfflinePs.NoName
Psilocybe Anonymous
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Mr Piggy] * 3
    #27774427 - 05/12/22 05:56 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

The caps can look pretty similar to cultivated voids. Mine can come up the same way, check out the avatar pic.

Leaves are good. In the off season I keep patches leaf covered and then case around a month before fruiting window. Dealing with low RH and having leaf cover helps keep RH up. I am also spritzing pins often and hose down twice a day. This weekend should be wet and humid.

--------------------
Set me off, see what I'm worth. Turn me on, I go berserk.

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #27774505 - 05/12/22 07:12 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Germinating Gymnopilus Suspectabilis also recently. dont know much about this mushroom

weakest wiki page in the world (?): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnopilus_subspectabilis

so far rotten germination, i remember working with gymnopilus luteofolius being really easy. it liked corn so much.

corn shell has lignin (?) and corn stalk has cellulose.
dried out, its decent material for wood eaters
but does that apply to corn kernels, the one's I
use in my corn campaign. not sure.

also the developing paranoid theory that corn
is a horrible grain for mushrooms becuse of the depth
they need to penetrate to eat the whole thing before the first flush
its why im switching to straw honestly

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

Edited by smalltalk_canceled (05/12/22 07:13 PM)

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Loc: Indiana
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ferather] * 3
    #27774507 - 05/12/22 07:15 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ferather said:
@ghiajake, not all gourmet are timber species, you also need to learn more about surface area and time scale.
Rarely do gourmet growers use solid wood, or even chips for that matter, its HWFP always.

Yeah, that's why I said "the vast majority" and not "all"... Again with the misquotes... A. bisporus isn't, Shaggy Manes, Morels, and SRA aren't. But Oysters, Shitake, Reishi, Nameko, Enoki, Chestnut, Hens, and Lion's Mane (the most commonly cultivated woodlovers) are all timber species. And I am well aware that commercial cultivators use HWFP more than solid wood. Once again I was a commercial cultivator, and was trained one-on-one by Dr Daniel Tura and Dr John Holiday at Aloha Medicinals before I opened my farm. Stop talking to me like I'm a noob dude, it's getting really irritating...

And stop trying to deflect, surface area has absolutely nothing to do with natural nutrient or substrate requirements. The only relative things surface area affects are; rate of hydration/dehydration, speed of colonization, risk of airborne contamination, and pinset.

Quote:

Ferather said:
Chips take too long, HWFP produce the largest surface area, more like forest litter than solid wood.

Again with the surface area? Stop acting like anthropogenic manipulation is the same thing as natural selection. And stop ignoring I owned a commercial mushroom farm...

Quote:

Ferather said:
Azures, are still lignicolous, how does that change the nutritional profile of wood?

Are you saying that now its litter, there is suddenly more nutrients that before?
What are the nutritional requires of Azures, since you seem to know it.

Really? Yes Ferather... Dune grasses, leaves, shrubbery, and twigs (the native nutrient profile for all litter species) DO have more nutrient than hardwood does. That's why herbivores eat them and not tree trunks... Especially when animals, worms, and other soil biomes deposit frass on the myc while eating them...

And once again, since you ignored it the first time we had the C/N debate... We are ALL aware that if you use fresh large wood chips with any active woodlover, the first year your yield is DRASTICALLY less than the second year. This is because the fresh chips have a C/N rating of 400-500:1 This is FAR more carbon than the species are use to from litter. And because the chips are MUCH denser than the dead sticks/grass or half-rotten bark that falls off trees. This is why you'll get better colonization and a better first year flush if you use finely shredded mulch from the prior autumn, since it has had time to decompose down to the proper C/N ratio. This is also why you get better results with active beds being in direct contact with the soil instead of using a barrier, it allows the myc colony to penetrate the soil and allows the soil biomes to reach the myc.

Quote:

Ferather said:
How often do you receive donates, from information you have posted, increasing profit turnover?

The fact that you called them "donates" tells me you don't have a legitimate cultivation consultation business, so why are you even bragging? Inexperienced cultivators donating money to you because they got better results than before you helped them is not proof you understand the natural growth cycles and nutrient requirement differences between standing timber and litter species.

But since you endlessly want to swing your dick around to seem special in an argument, I have given lectures to hundreds of people on fungi, the largest being at a urban agriculture symposium in 2015 at Indiana State University to a crowd of over 300 paying attendees, where Will Allen from "Growing Power" was our main speaker. There was also an Earth Day event at ISU, and another Earth Day event at St. Mary's of the Woods Catholic University. Both of which had over 1000 attendees. Other than that, I've done about a dozen more lectures/classes in total, from southern Indiana up to northern Michigan. I also spoke at the State Board Meeting to set up our State's mushroom identification licensing program, sooo....

Quote:

Ferather said:
If a fungi was genetically incapable of penetrating wood far, is it not a wood lover?

:lmafo: Stop poorly paraphrasing and misquoting me to make it seem like you know better. The forum has a quote function for a reason, and you obviously know how to use it. Yet you conveniently forget it exists when you want to twist someone's words...

What type of wood; soft, hard, or partially decayed? Cambium layer, bark, roots, or heartwood? Leaves and grasses aren't wood... So does that mean azures aren't woodlovers because their native substrate isn't wood?

And you're not even going to quantify how "far" is far? Once again, spawn two oak logs with Oyster and Azure dowels and tell me which one fruits the best. Then cut them in half afterwards and compare the penetration between each species. Does that mean Azure isn't a woodlover? Or how about Wood Ear? No... They still are... And not one thing I've said suggested otherwise... :rolleyes:

Quote:

Ferather said:
If I took solid wood (Azures cant use), and turned it into chips (which it can), what changed?

Um.... The density and ability to hold/absorb water.... And you put it in contact with soil, which provides nutrients/moisture and allows microbes to start breaking the wood down faster than the Azure myc does... Simple shit dude...

Quote:

Ferather said:
Are you also saying non timber lignicolous mycelium, don't need extra nutrients?

I'm getting tired of reminding you that more nutrients are available on the ground than in standing timber. It's basic science dude... Stop trying to twist my words, I stated clearly in my previous post that timber species evolved to require a different nutrient profile because there is less available nutrient in standing timber. That is why they are WAY better at consuming high amounts of carbon than any ground-dwelling species.

Quote:

Ferather said:
Some extra questions, what pH is your outdoor bed, how many experiments have you done to increase yield?
And were the experiments indoors or outdoors, can you provide images and additional info?

Also, can you show us how non-tiber lignicolous mycelium fixate nitrogen, invent nitrogen.
That was a joke, mycelium cannot fixate nitrogen, other organisms do though.

----

Do these images look like solid wood, or spongy woodland litter?

I've been experimenting for over 9 years, but more importantly I've spent 9 years observing the natural growth and fruiting patterns through various environmental conditions to get the best understanding of the species (active and non-active) I've grown and come into contact in the wild. 

Did you own and operate a successful edible mushroom farm in a $1k/mth rented space you turned into a 1000 ft2 certified cleanroom and commercial kitchen? Where you ever under legal contract to produce X amount of product in Y amount of time? Did you found a Mycology Club and run it for 4 years? Did you train under two doctorate-level mycologists, or get certified in culture propagation and biological cleanroom procedures? Are you the reason 3 species of "Black Reishi" were released into the amateur mycology community? Did you pay for your ticket to Telluride by setting up and tearing down guest speaker lectures for a week straight? Did you spend three days hanging out with and sucking up as much knowledge as you could from the likes of Gary Lincoff, Taylor Lockwood, Alan Rockefeller, John Holiday, Tradd Cotter and dozens more influential names in the community at the Aloha Medicinals suite during the Telluride festival?

Keep swinging dicks, I promise you mine is bigger. I'm not saying I know everything, or know near as much as others. But I sure as hell ain't no noob that's gonna act like "The word of Ferather" is unquestionable, or sit by while some anonymous person (who doesn't know me) on a forum tries to continuously misquote me and ignore my experience in some passive aggressive attempt to make himself look better. I'm done answering questions you won't even acknowledge I answered.

You're soooo focused on being right you can't even acknowledge wood isn't even azure's, cyan's, or allenii's NATIVE substrate. Even I know they are naturally found more in dune grasses than forests, and I've never been to their native region... Fact is they only really evolved to prefer mulch when we invented it and started landscaping with it...

:micdrop:

Edited by ghiajake (05/12/22 07:47 PM)

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #27774509 - 05/12/22 07:16 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ps.NoName said:

Void jail.

Cool pic man. :awesomenod:

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

#27774512 - 05/12/22 07:18 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

holofractal said:
But let's make some observations here, some ideas/theories and improvements we can make.

It may just be the lighting, but the first thing that pops out to me is the color difference. Especially the stipe.

Offlinewonderousovoid
Stranger
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: ghiajake]
    #27774526 - 05/12/22 07:30 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I know that environmental conditions would cause this to vary greatly,

but generally speaking, how long do ovoids take from primordia formation to mature fruits?

They appear to be growing quite slow for me, but I've never watched them throughout their entire life cycle before

Cyans always grew slow for me but I always just assumed that it was due to the cold season they grow in

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: wonderousovoid] * 1
    #27774541 - 05/12/22 07:39 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

https://www.gourmetmushrooms.co.uk/using-sawdust-spawn-to-inoculate-logs-saw-trench-technique/#tab-id-8

molten wax can i use this to seal logs wtf man i didnt know.
(theres a fight going on in the woodlover thread)

we should be celebrating the azures, not fighting among ourselves like petty acolytes

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

Offlineholofractal

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Baba Yaga] * 1
    #27774574 - 05/12/22 07:54 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ps.NoName said:
The caps can look pretty similar to cultivated voids. Mine can come up the same way, check out the avatar pic.

Leaves are good. In the off season I keep patches leaf covered and then case around a month before fruiting window. Dealing with low RH and having leaf cover helps keep RH up. I am also spritzing pins often and hose down twice a day. This weekend should be wet and humid.

Love that pheno :awesome:

Quote:

wonderousovoid said:

What temp are they fruiting at?

~54F +/- a few degrees. Temp varies a little cus my fridge can't handle the room getting too warm. That's cake temp not the set temp in there.

Quote:

Baba Yaga said:

Love it! Hope mine pop this year, altho I will make another small patch just in case. Are those off season, or are you in the "wrong" hemisphere and they are fruiting when they think it's fall? :tongue: Surprised they aren't upside down!

--------------------
Woodlover lover!
I am open to questions about wood lovers, I don't know everything, but if you like my posts and have a question, feel free to ask in a PM
I do a lot of indoor experiments. I, one day, WILL figure out a surefire method for indoor woodlovers. Nothing is impossible.

InvisibleBaba Yaga
Fomo Kills The Cat

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: holofractal] * 2
    #27774595 - 05/12/22 08:03 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Lol, they are fruiting at the right time in the right hemisphere.

Offlineghiajake
Myco-Viking
Male

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27774744 - 05/12/22 09:28 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

smalltalk_canceled said:
https://www.gourmetmushrooms.co.uk/using-sawdust-spawn-to-inoculate-logs-saw-trench-technique/#tab-id-8

molten wax can i use this to seal logs wtf man i didnt know.
(theres a fight going on in the woodlover thread)

we should be celebrating the azures, not fighting among ourselves like petty acolytes

You can also use clay slip to seal your logs as long as you keep them out of the rain while they colonize.

It's not a fight, I've just had enough of him acting like I have to give him my resume every time for him to even consider I might know what I'm talking about. I'm not sharing personal business documents with him (or anyone) over his ignorant comparison of timber vs litter species. Especially when I've been on the site longer, and have more 5-shrooms ratings than him even though I took 4 years in breaks away from the site and only have just over half as many posts as him...

Edited by ghiajake (05/12/22 10:30 PM)

Offlineholofractal

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27774769 - 05/12/22 09:49 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I figured, I was just having a joke haha.

I don't remember off the top of my head, have you grown other woodlovers? Anything particular these like?

--------------------
Woodlover lover!

InvisiblePnwmushroomnomad
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27774791 - 05/12/22 10:08 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Doesn’t he have a badass semilanceata thread? Although one could argue that’s clearly not a woodlover I think it’s pretty dope. I just stumbled upon it again today and wanna give it a go this next season.

--------------------
The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.

Edited by Pnwmushroomnomad (05/12/22 10:10 PM)

OfflinePs.NoName
Psilocybe Anonymous
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: wonderousovoid]
    #27774879 - 05/12/22 11:59 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wonderousovoid said:
I know that environmental conditions would cause this to vary greatly,

but generally speaking, how long do ovoids take from primordia formation to mature fruits?

They appear to be growing quite slow for me, but I've never watched them throughout their entire life cycle before

Cyans always grew slow for me but I always just assumed that it was due to the cold season they grow in

5-15 days I'd guess depending on the weather and other factors.

--------------------
Set me off, see what I'm worth. Turn me on, I go berserk.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 482 | 483 | 484 | 485 | 486 | 487 | 488 | 489 | 490 | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | 498 | 499 | 500 | 501 | 502 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags