Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | Next >
OfflineBU4O
Weed on ^^
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bulgaria,Plovdiv Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: AzzA]
    #25932861 - 04/13/19 05:10 PM (6 days, 3 hours ago)

No i see aborts on the exposed surface or they grow slowly...btw the tubs are open upward coverage is leafs and pine shavings but no fruiting up only inside the tubs some fruit in the middle some tubs down,don't know wtf is going on...

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: BU4O] * 1
    #25932976 - 04/13/19 06:27 PM (6 days, 2 hours ago)

A little bit of the woodchips/myc I pulled up from one of my patches back in December started to pin and push up some fruits about 10 days ago. This is northern California, so it's pretty well past the main season for allenii/cyans.

These pics are from several days ago, since then I've ate most of what popped up and the pins that remain/never matured are starting to dry out.

What they are growing out of is mostly just a few handfuls/bits of woodchips that had some myc on them and scraps of mushroom bits/stems that I tossed into the woodchips from when I harvested one of my patches back in December...This small pile of woodchips sat in a paper bag in my room from Dec to February, it was completely dried out after sitting in my room for a couple months...Sometime in middle/late February I placed the paper bag/woodchips outside in my yard, I placed some pieces of moist egg carton on the chips and started to mist it with water every day/other day.

I wasn't doing this to try to get it to fruit...I was planning on using these scraps of chips as "spawn" in a way to expand the myc onto more fresh chips so I can have a little patch in my backyard...I wanted to get the myc moist/alive again so I was misting it once every day or two.

About 14 days ago I spotted a little mushroom growing out of the small pile of chips, thought that was cool to see...then a few days after that I started to notice a bunch of pins across the wood-chips and even some mushrooms on their way to maturing.

I know it's not unheard of for patches to push out another small flush sometimes late in the season if the conditions are right...But I'm thinking what might have happened is that when this small pile of chips sat in my room in a bag for 2 months at room temperature and became completely dried out, this was almost like going through an "artificial" summer, then when I placed the chips back outside in damp/cool weather it was like going into "fall" again so it triggered it to pin & fruit...?...

That's what I'm assuming happened :shrug: ....but it was weird to see them popping up while my orange tree is in blossom and while feeling the warmth of spring sunshine on my back.

It was a nice treat to eat some fresh fruits during the spring :sun: .

Just thought I'd share that here...If any of you grow allenii in small containers/pots/planters that can be moved around easily, after the main fruiting during the winter (which usually happens in December around my area, nor-cal) it might be possible to move the container that your patch is in indoors somewhere kinda warm & dry for a couple months then back outside in early spring for another flush of fruits. It might be a hassle and I'm not sure how effective it'd be, but just a heads up about it because I think that's what happened for me.

-OM

--------------------

OnlinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: openmind]
    #25933067 - 04/13/19 07:39 PM (6 days, 1 hour ago)

Is it normal for mycelium to die back after winter? My 3-4 year old azure flower pot had no visible myc when I went digging through it after the thaw.

Dug through it again today and the myc is just barely starting to come back in spots. Possibly a result of neglect, or is this normal?

--------------------
:raver2:How To Trip:jellyfish:Ultimate Tek Compendium:jellyfish:DIY Capsule Filler:raver2:

:mushroom2:Organize to Legalize Psilocybin:mushroom2:

Applying Jungian ideas to the psychedelic experience

Snark of the Day: You followed a set of written instructions verbatim and essentially canned grain and put something in it. Wow, you are such a "mad scientist"

OfflineAzzA
Blue Meanie Smokin Weedy
 User Gallery

Loc: Space
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #25933252 - 04/13/19 09:33 PM (5 days, 23 hours ago)

too many bugs or lack of nutrients*

Offlinemoricz
Inky Cap Cultivator
 User Gallery

Loc: EU
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: AzzA] * 2
    #25933515 - 04/14/19 02:00 AM (5 days, 18 hours ago)

Nice Openmind :cheers:

Your expreience confirms my theory of simulated summer and dry up is important in fruiting.

Psilosopherr:
they fall back into the woodchip piece and when time is good they start out from it as a kind of castle or fort, and raging against new woodchips. :smile:

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: moricz]
    #25934668 - 04/14/19 04:45 PM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

Subg Rdy to plant and another jar rdy for bulk

--------------------
I’m most things. Less if you don’t ask me. However the things that I’m not make up the rest of me........... mostly

JOC Pan TEK

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 1
    #25934716 - 04/14/19 05:10 PM (5 days, 3 hours ago)

--------------------
Please message me if you are a MUSHROOM HUNTER with the ability to professionally print and trade sleeves of mushrooms spores!

Edited by Adden (04/14/19 05:48 PM)

OfflinelillFish
Daydreamer
Female User Gallery

Loc: The South Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adden]
    #25934734 - 04/14/19 05:19 PM (5 days, 3 hours ago)

So, have you guys ever dealt with those pesky fungus gnats? Do they eat enough mycelium to cause a problem?

--------------------
My Wish & Trade list

OfflineBU4O
Weed on ^^
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: lillFish]
    #25935378 - 04/15/19 02:05 AM (4 days, 18 hours ago)

I have something like little flies inside all my tubs,garden beds,trays... They're living in all my ovoid,allenii and one big sub bed. Mushrooms are growing mycelium is good don't know what's the deal with them.
:justdontknow:

--------------------

OfflineFloppy
Loc: Netherlands
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: BU4O]
    #25935413 - 04/15/19 03:39 AM (4 days, 17 hours ago)

:threadmonitor:

--------------------
Love to trade and share, so take a look at my Trade List

OfflineBU4O
Weed on ^^
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Floppy] * 1
    #25935631 - 04/15/19 08:32 AM (4 days, 12 hours ago)

I picked my tubs... They're 2 tubs behind and left a few pins and young mushrooms...

--------------------

Edited by BU4O (04/15/19 09:03 AM)

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
    #25935674 - 04/15/19 09:00 AM (4 days, 11 hours ago)

Spawned more Azzy and Serbica today. Sawdust wasn't heat-treated at all, just leeched for about 3 days. Then mixed with CaCO3.

--------------------
Shrooms are always bluer on the other side...

Work hard, play harder, trip the hardest.

In search for Gymnopilus purpuratus and Volvariella bombycina prints.

InvisibleMr Piggy
Bumbling Stumbler.

#25935711 - 04/15/19 09:33 AM (4 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

BU4O said:
I have something like little flies inside all my tubs,garden beds,trays... They're living in all my ovoid,allenii and one big sub bed. Mushrooms are growing mycelium is good don't know what's the deal with them.

Fungus gnats, and that really sucks.

OfflineSpank
Total frickin noob
Male

Loc: OR coast
Re: Stupid Hardiness Zone Question [Re: Robert Bobsky]
    #25936348 - 04/15/19 02:41 PM (4 days, 6 hours ago)

They grow naturally in zone 9 on the coast. You just need good microclimates and obviously will need a similar temp drop to their natural habitat in the fall

OfflineSunnyDayzeS
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #25936513 - 04/15/19 04:08 PM (4 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Mr Piggy said:
Quote:

BU4O said:

Fungus gnats, and that really sucks.

I had them in my tubs and they are a pain to get rid of.  I finally got diotamatious earth to put in the soil but I had to get rid of all my other tubs and start over to get rid of them.

I tried, sticky tape, bug spray outside the tubs, diluted peroxide on the tubs, bed bug spray (which is just DE in the tubs but no luck.  They apparently dig into the soil with their larvae so surface treatment didn’t work.  It got better but never went away until I cleaned house.  It was worth it too for those annoying little bastards.

--------------------
:evil::mushroom2::rasta::mushroom2::tongue2:

Canadian Cultivation Supplies Thread

Have a good recipe?  Add it here: Your Favourite Shroom Recipe

For NOOBS to advanced mycologists still wanting to learn, check out Psilosopherrs Ultimate Tek Compendium

Offlinespitzenkorper
dabberwook

Loc: bout tree fiddy
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: SunnyDayze]
    #25936768 - 04/15/19 06:34 PM (4 days, 2 hours ago)

yeah the flies like damp soil & peat, they lay their eggs there, eventually lil worms will be eating the mycelium. fungus gnats. with plants, i cover top of soil with like 1cm of sand, gravel, or other inorganic material. the flies cant dig too deep to lay their eggs.

not sure what a good option would be for mushrooms, but idk id guess having a fully colonized block etc with a thick casing layer all around maybe could restrict the gnats to the casing layer, and would only cause minor losses

ive had flies take over once when doing cubes. lots of trays in several sfc's in the corner of grow room, indoors, mid-winter. it was a lil overly humid, and high temps, which i think contributed. ultimately, everything ended because of algae and trich, took a bout two months until it was all out of control, but i think the flies were helping spread contams, MCUs. and i thin kthey originated from the plants. in the end, id open a box and 100+ flies would swarm out...

indoors, in tubs or similar, i would worry about it, dont wait until its too late. outdoors, especially in the ground, i wouldnt worry at all.

we're fruiting in the grow room again rn, but open air, and only been a week or two. theres flies in there, only a few tho.

-side note- one of these blocks rn is halfway burried in a potted plant, and theres hella tiny centipedes all over it now. every time we harvest a mushroom from this block, all the centipedes come out in the open and run around in a frenzy... centipedes are predatory bugs, so i am not worried about them eating the block, in fact, i kinda think they might be "holding down the fort", eating any fly larva or other pests that might try to eat the block.

--------------------
Trade List
seeds, spores, & more!

OfflineBU4O
Weed on ^^
Male User Gallery

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: spitzenkorper] * 2
    #25938433 - 04/16/19 04:58 PM (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Last night was the most intense mushroom trip in my entire life! Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata was the strongest trip along with only one previous psilocybe semilanceata trip... I ate the top 3 mushrooms from this picture...

And I was so out of it nearly 5-6 hours that I was loosing consciousness and when I stood up I almost puke and faint...
It was so bad I could not go to the bathroom almost fainting and puking every time I stand up from my bed...
The experience was so intense I couldn't see reality to the point I don't know who I am and where the fuck I am...
They were so strong I wanted to die and stop this nightmare... It was stronger then DMT and I felt so so bad about the fainting sensation and the gut feeling of almost throw up I could not move!
The trip was so strong I could not see how to go to the bathroom to take a piss...

--------------------

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
    #25940050 - 04/17/19 02:13 PM (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Holy fuck that sounds bad!

--------------------
Shrooms are always bluer on the other side...

Work hard, play harder, trip the hardest.

In search for Gymnopilus purpuratus and Volvariella bombycina prints.

OfflineMr. Funguy
Quasi Frodo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Terra
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Adas]
    #25940192 - 04/17/19 03:57 PM (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Whoa! Epic. Probably about 6gs dried...

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::rocket:

OfflineCiupercatul
Stranger

Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Mr. Funguy]
    #25940276 - 04/17/19 04:49 PM (2 days, 4 hours ago)

I was searching for ovoids and suddenly got those beatuies
Still tryna Find thejr names

Got bursied , i think cyanofibtilsoa , But Wiki says they didnt show up in Washington state

Edited by Ciupercatul (04/17/19 04:50 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 175 | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation