Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Spawn Bags, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNickeroni
Stranger
 User Gallery
What to do??? PF Tek
    #24673281 - 09/30/17 07:47 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hi everyone, this is my first post so forgive me if anything isn't correct but we just need someone's advice on what to do in our situation. This is our first time growing mushrooms from a golden teacher syringe we got from a shroomery sponsored source.  Right off the bat we fucked up and got 1 pint jars when the store didn't have half pints, and we noticed the needle they sent us was really short and barely made it past the verm layer. We inoculated them on september 2 and noticed the first growth about a week later. Since then, 2 of the 10 jars got contaminated and 4 of them were taking a little longer to start growing. now we have 2 jars at almost 100% colonization that have a couple inch or so long pins growing in vitro and 3 or 4 others with pins that are at less than 70% colonized. We have everything for a SGFC ready to get set up but there's still other jars that aren't done colonizing and haven't started pinning yet. We've been keeping the temperature around 75-80 with a couple hours of sunlight through the blinds for a few hours out of the week. we just need someone with experience that could help us figure this out.

Edited by Nickeroni (09/30/17 08:59 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What to do??? PF Tek [Re: Nickeroni]
    #24673299 - 09/30/17 07:54 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

you want to take the vendor name out of your post.  those jars don't look that great.

--------------------

Wearing a mask is bad for my physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Complying = Consent
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

OfflineKyshroomer19xx
Est 19xx soldier
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #24673301 - 09/30/17 07:55 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I would just wait until a jar gets to 100% an then birth it I usually birth when i seen pins but that's in 1/2 pint jars but just birth them whenever 1 gets to 100% the invitro pins will be fine but try to get you some 1/2 pints and good luck

--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

InvisibleBoxer
Gasoline Fight Champion
 User Gallery

#24673355 - 09/30/17 08:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah as you clearly know that is one of the potential problems with using pints for PF Tek. They don't all need to be birthed at the same time so you're fine to go ahead and leave
the still colonizing jars a bit longer to do their thing. The jars that are near 100% should be birthed and just wash off the un-colonized parts as you're doing the dunk. If the ones
around 70% haven't flat out stalled then perhaps give them a little longer, or again just wash that portion off and dunk.

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: What to do??? PF Tek [Re: Boxer]
    #24673369 - 09/30/17 08:14 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to use a steam bath half pints are what you need. Pints need to be PC'd as they are harder to get hot enough in the middle.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: What to do??? PF Tek [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24673439 - 09/30/17 08:51 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Research "spawning mushrooms to bulk." The ability to perform grain to grain transfers makes it a very efficient method. I personally started out doing "bulk work" with spawn bags and a syringe. Now I have plenty!!! The "PF Tek" method is however a very time tested way that many have great success with, innoculating grains and then spawning to bulk using substrate was just easier for me.

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: What to do??? PF Tek [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24673630 - 09/30/17 10:15 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

just wait it out. if you want to tell if they are still colonizing, take a sharpie and make an outline of the mycelium, if it grows past the line they are still going. And you can put colonized cakes in the sgfc as they become ready.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Spawn Bags, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation