Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: bodhisatta] * 3
    #24669373 - 09/29/17 09:07 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

For one, I'm pretty sure the growth you were saying lost out to your strongest recipe time and time again in this tek's post wasn't the ideal rhizo growth you're talking about, so you're obviously trying to flip the script with information that doesn't seem to be applying well here, but anyways.

bod, bod, bod, too much thinking like a reader and regurgigator and not enough thinking like a grower...

I'd like to see someone convince me that I'm over-feeding my cultures.

Rhizo rhizo rhizo.  Undiluted, super-rich rgs/brf agars.

Rhizo isn't something that happens BECAUSE of low nutrition, as if there's an equal sign. 

Grain agars are different. Our target organisms don't have an intolerance for too high a potency of starch and grain nutrition as they do with so many of the recipe ingredients that have been widely used.  In fact we tend to get or aim for the best growth possible on our grain media.

Don't be so defensive to the point that, instead of improving by learning from all sources of knowledge, you end up looking like you're running damage control on your ego over just a poor recipe...

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Edited by Violet (09/29/17 09:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: Violet]
    #24669394 - 09/29/17 09:14 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Why don't you go write an agar tek half the forum uses. Pasty and I can split the market share three ways if you do.

Your rye grass seed is over hydrated. That's what needs damage control

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: bodhisatta] * 2
    #24669447 - 09/29/17 09:29 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Why don't you go write an agar tek half the forum uses. Pasty and I can split the market share three ways if you do.

And here we see the big man reducing to drivel and a poor sport's pride...
Thread views/posts about using a method isn't a popularity or dick-measuring contest that wins default credibility for a bad tek, guy.

I can dig that a lot of people have gotten into agar with "Pasty Plates" but a tek's merit isn't found in how many people use it, that should be obvious. The difference between my post and those that came after but have more views are only the container (mine remain totally unmodified in perfect shape with a wide flat bottom area making ideal use of 20-25mL agar) and the purposeful exposure they get to each and every newcomer on this site by its loudest mouths.  So trying to talk smack about my no-pour agar tek is objectively really stupid and shows what you actually care about.

My posts are just a documented collaboration of my whole grow methodology I wanted to be accessible on the one decent mushroom forum.  My no-pour agar container tek is *part* of my culture tek thread.  I'm not trying to be the biggest name on campus.  But now we know how important that is to you.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Your rye grass seed is over hydrated

Which is why I took and kept the photo, but good job on the expert eye there ;P

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24669465 - 09/29/17 09:38 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Its no dick contest, I'm just pointing out that if you have something to say go do something about it like we did. My work clearly works and speaks for itself.

you're here trying to say it doesn't work its bad and its a how not to.
Quote:

Violet said:
that is made too thin for no reason? I thought this was a "How to" thread not a "How Not to" one.

Your post is bad; ALL of your BRF agar recipes here are too thin, end of story

So it plain old doesn't work? Even though it clearly does. Seems like someone can't learn from others.
Quote:

Violet said:
never hurts to be able to learn from people.

You can claim I need to do damage control. Or my media is thin and lacking. Are you blind? Why do you always need to be right?

Speaking of too thin brf agar is a gloopy mess I only bother resorting to when I don't have grain water handy.
Go ahead and try not to have boil over issues, and a useless amount of extra sediment, using more than 10-12g of brf in 400ml in a 500ml media bottle.

Go away lol.

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#24669488 - 09/29/17 09:47 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Now you're making shit up...?  Jeez man, time to quit posting
Never said it didn't "Work"
Really if anything I suppose I acknowledged it did
Quote:

Of course, if NOW all of a sudden the only thing you care about is that it 'works' then feel free to keep sharing third-tier agar recipes

But I said you had thin/weak/poor growth, not NO growth.  You had some weak growth so it "works", is that really the last defense you have?

This is a half-step above noob experiment shit, and the noob getting mad when someone who knows the method better tells him it should be better, because it.... worked

And now that's what I'm gonna treat this as, and dismiss it accordingly

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: Violet] * 1
    #24669556 - 09/29/17 10:15 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Righto,
Barely working and just getting by. Keep reaching...
Call it "just works" if you want.

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#24669599 - 09/29/17 10:31 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Ugh yeah especially now I'm gonna call it "just works"
I can see how it might, on occasion, be useful to do that on purpose...

but after having done thousands of dishes of settled clear but undiluted grainwater agar and NEVER seeing mycelium look thin, scraggly, and desperately pinning from nutrient deficiency on just the few thick strands they manage like in those 4 big grown-out dishes laying flat, the ones that are from this thread,

I now have set aside my remaining curiosity about diluting my own grainwaters and will defer to this thread as evidence for why I'll continue to suggest people keep their grainwater whole for dishes

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24669611 - 09/29/17 10:36 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
Ugh yeah especially now I'm gonna call it "just works"
I can see how it might, on occasion, be useful to do that on purpose...

but after having done thousands of dishes of settled clear but undiluted grainwater agar and NEVER seeing mycelium look thin, scraggly, and desperately pinning from nutrient deficiency on just the few thick strands they manage like in those 4 big grown-out dishes laying flat, the ones that are from this thread,

I now have set aside my remaining curiosity about diluting my own grainwaters and will defer to this thread as evidence for why I'll continue to suggest people keep their grainwater whole for dishes

I always use my grain water at 100% strength.
I use brf agar when I have no grain water around.

Put too much brf in water it eventually settles out. Use just enough that most dissolves and the rest acts like a colloid.

Using a hydrometer you can measure the dissolved sugar content of your grain soak water even undiluted its weaker than 2% brf agar

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: bodhisatta] * 2
    #24669620 - 09/29/17 10:40 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Well good.  According to the evaporative experiments I did determining the rice matter volume of the different settled waters pulled,  your preparation recipe is likely a lot thinner than the grainwater you're using undiluted.  The recipe I offered, developed for the same reasons, has been a perfect and consistent substitution for the grainwater I otherwise use undiluted.  But then again, it might also be the case that my grainwater is also generally stronger than yours thanks to the substrates I use. These things can vary.

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #24669974 - 09/29/17 12:44 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

The other day I cooked 30g of WBS for 15min in 3dl water, made 3dl agar with it and the myc looks very weak barely visible, but outgrowing the others by far (for obvious reasons). A few days later I boiled 60g WBS for 30 min in 3dl, and on this recipe myc lookes just a tiny bit better but still weak. And the broth was pretty dark the second batch.

I have to say after reading about diluting grainwater 1/4 I am now a bit skeptical, I only have 1 set of plates left and originally I was gonna boil 90g for 45 min for the third test but now I don't feel comfortable in spending the last dishes on something that might be too weak. Intuitively one thinks that the broth from cooking WBS would be highly nutritious, but it is not.

Anyone ever made grain water agar this way? By cooking whole grains?

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: Mateja]
    #24670002 - 09/29/17 12:51 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Never used wbs but for oats and rye I just use the leftover that drains thru the strainer for my agar

InvisibleAndyHinton

Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #24670229 - 09/29/17 01:59 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Just dropping by to link the Aloha Culture Bank's standard media list and a gravity : sugar content table. All you really need is enough sucrose to support mitosis. Have fun, guys. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: AndyHinton]
    #24670589 - 09/29/17 03:44 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AndyHinton said:
Just dropping by to link the Aloha Culture Bank's standard media list and a gravity : sugar content table. All you really need is enough sucrose to support mitosis. Have fun, guys. :smile:

So these recipes do come from somewhere :smile: DFA and BRF, I though people on Shroomery invented those! Or maybe they were invented multiple times by different people?

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: Mateja] * 2
    #24670645 - 09/29/17 04:02 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, those recipes appeared even more nutritious than I expected. They're not only using 10g, a whole 10g I'm sure, of floured grains like milo or corn for 500mL of solution, they're still adding the 10g of malt too!  That's quite a potent batch.

If I weren't filtering off all starch and trying to make a strong but clear boiled brew, 12g or so of rice would have been my suggested recipe. And that's not adding malt. Aloha takes it even further than I do!

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: Mateja]
    #24683646 - 10/04/17 03:06 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
So these recipes do come from somewhere :smile: DFA and BRF, I though people on Shroomery invented those! Or maybe they were invented multiple times by different people?

I first saw Stephen Pollocks name associated with DFA, not sure what his original was, quick search found this

Quote:

Dr. Pollock's Modified Agar*

10 grams dried dog food
10 grams amaranth flour
2 grams dextrose or malt extract
9.5 grams agar
500 mL distilled water

*The above formula is a modification of one first used by the late Dr. Stephen H. Pollock, discoverer of the extremely rare Psilocybe tampanensis, Psilocybe wassoniorum, and ethnomycologist par excellance.

Not sure when BRF was first popularly used in agar, but PF was using it in his PF jars which at least seems to brought it more into view as a nutrition source, and PFs said his idea for PF jars was inspired by both Stamets and Pollock.

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: blackout]
    #24706870 - 10/13/17 10:59 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry for bumping this thread but seems a good place to ask, why no sugar/honey/karo? I have been using munch's potato recipe and it uses honey or sugar, and have seen others with a sweetener. I haven't been able to find out why though after looking a few times. thanks guys.

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: icetech]
    #24706874 - 10/13/17 11:02 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Because its a different recipe.

Like saying why no salt in chocolate milk. Doesn't need it.

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24708216 - 10/13/17 09:38 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Bod,

Interesting thread.  I have a question.

After the Agar is full of Mycelium, what do you do next?

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: meltdowner]
    #24708267 - 10/13/17 10:14 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Bod's BRF AGAR how to and "test" results [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24708767 - 10/14/17 07:09 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Ah.. sorry just been trying to figure why some people use 2 nutrient sources and some use 1.. a actual reason.. someone pm'd me though, all good thanks :smile: sorry for the post.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags