Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together * 7
    #24660559 - 09/26/17 01:58 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Wall of text about being a fat shit and putting myself in check from an LSD trip ahead...

A series of events lead me to let myself go a bit.  It all started last winter when I pulled a muscle in my hand and it kept me from doing a lot of stuff I enjoyed that kept me fit, no more weightlifting, no bmx, couldn't row etc.  I decided to take a long break and just be lazy for once and then things picked up with my business, I was taking classes, and next thing I knew I gained like 40 fuckin pounds and felt fat as shit.

On top of all this I had to quit smoking marijuana and stupidly traded pot out for beer(the main culprit of my weight gain) and I drank so fuckin much this last year I wouldn't be surprised if I skimmed some time off my life expectancy.  In all, I had a lot of fun though and gorged my fat ass like I never have in my life but I've been having pain where I never had it before.  My back was bothering me from bed, I was getting tired, I played basketball and was just feeling like shit jumping up and down noticing I actually am carrying so much extra weight around on me.

I was noticing these things but kept putting off getting to the bottom of it.  I had everything prepared too, bought new running shoes, got my bike in order but still just wouldn't pull the trigger, kept getting bombed and waking up feeling like complete garbage then doing it again a few days later.

About 3 weeks ago, I tripped on LSD and for some reason all of this came into my mind that if I don't fix this now, when am I going to fix it?  When I have even more weight to lose and it's harder?  Why was I drinking so much anyway, I know it's what's making me fat why keep going?

These are the same thoughts I had sober and I don't know why but when I was tripping I had the thought process that this is serious and needs to happen.  I recently read something, maybe on here, about LSD showing people what they needed to do in their lives but while they knew what to do, rarely implemented what they learn during their acid trip.

I think these two things were what did it for me.  I woke up the next day looking at food, alcohol, and what I was doing completely differently.  I downloaded the app Pacer on my phone and have been forcing myself to walk a lot more trying to hit 10k steps a day, have began riding both bmx and a mountain bike again, and started running.  Also, my diet has made a staggering change where I went from eating bullshit to probably cut my calories in half and am cooking every meal and every meal consists of like 50% mixed vegetables.  Since my acid trip I am down 9 pounds already and it's coming off fast, I drank one time in the last 3 weeks too, down from probably 3+ times per week(yikes thats pretty fuckin bad to think about)

LSD was the catalyst and I'm implementing the fuck out of my epiphany from that night.  I even just got back from about 50 minutes of cardio I started at 1:45AM, that alone says something is changed.

Tl;dr, I was fat shamed by an acid trip, losing weight fast as hell now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKinqdra
Shroobie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Croatia Flag
Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: PreparationH]
    #24660597 - 09/26/17 02:34 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Inspiring story!

A very similar thing happened to me, though my catalyst were mushrooms, not LSD. Since then, I have generally become a more joyful and more goal oriented person.

If you're ever feeling like taking it a step further, I would suggest looking deeper into a vegan/plant based diet. I noticed the most amount of positive changes while making the transition. It's just something that I feel gets overlooked a lot these days, & to be honest, I wish I had known about it years ago. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more.

Till then, embrace all of the great changes you've already implemented, good luck! :inlove3:

Edited by Kinqdra (09/26/17 02:35 AM)

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: Kinqdra]
    #24660602 - 09/26/17 02:45 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome,  I love that about LSD.  It wont make you better on its own.  Buts its wonderful at tearing down our self lies and bringing that which we have ignored into focus.  It can be really soul clensing.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: PreparationH] * 1
    #24660606 - 09/26/17 02:52 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

An acid trip is what prompted me to stop smoking cigarettes. I was a chain smoker in those time and I would also smoke like a chimney on LSD.

That one trip I didn't smoke a cigarette until like almost at the peak, I lit it up out of ritual and my brain just said what the fuck are doing stupid? That does nothing for you and only hurts you and you are paying to slowly kill yourself for what?? I didn't smoke one the rest of the trip and I really for the first time was super motivated to quit.. that was like the first time I realized, hey.. this has been going on long enough.. and I'm starting to feel some serious negative effects.. time to put this shit to bed. Unfortunately, it took me another 2 years or so to actually quit, as my willpower wasn't up to par. But once I found ecigs it was game on and never looked back. But that one acid trip stands out because it kicked me in the ass and said hey cut that fucking shit out retard!

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #24660967 - 09/26/17 08:46 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Lol shroomism the guy that introduced me to acid about 10 years ago crumpled up his cigs and chucked them over a fence saying he was done smoking and how disgusting it is.  6 hours later we're sobered up and walking back home and he was mopy that he tossed them :lol:

These drugs keep surprising me time after time it's nuts.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: PreparationH]
    #24661115 - 09/26/17 10:19 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:manofapproval:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: zZZz]
    #24661536 - 09/26/17 01:09 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I know a lot about acid, how it fucks with your brain, how much to take. I love acid so much I wouldn't give it to other people. There's maybe like one or two people I could do that with. I'd rather be out in the wilderness on acid.
Smoking weed to me feels the same, just lethargy, unintended breathing effects and it makes all this schitzo noise in my brain afterwords when I use it to calm down and not think about stupid shit
Acid just completely clears everything out, makes me loose and happy.
The perfect drug.
I'm afraid of seeing lights on it though, so I don't trip out too hard when I take it, I'm afraid I'll see some imaginary light and go into a seizure or maybe the effects on blood pressure could wreck my body, deplete a lot of energy and muscle.

Edited by Konyap (09/26/17 01:33 PM)

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #24661561 - 09/26/17 01:23 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I got drunk everyday for 3 years  then quit, it wasn't easy. Good luck, I lost weight doing a vegan diet but I'm back to vegetarian.  I did lose 20 lbs in about a month or more( not much more)

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #24662174 - 09/26/17 05:27 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Sometimes we need an ability to see to set a future on track.  By no means does that sight mean it will happen as much as wanted.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #24662549 - 09/26/17 08:11 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JonBongGroovy said:
I got drunk everyday for 3 years  then quit, it wasn't easy. Good luck, I lost weight doing a vegan diet but I'm back to vegetarian.  I did lose 20 lbs in about a month or more( not much more)

It was to the point where 8 beers wasn't even doing shit to me any more.  Wtf were you drinking, liquor?  Glad you kicked that habit, alcohol is a great time, get a little swirl goin but we both went overboard obviously.

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
    #24662560 - 09/26/17 08:16 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

It was probably the squat shoes that did it.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #24662669 - 09/26/17 08:49 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
It was probably the squat shoes that did it.

No if I didn't ride my stupid ass bike that day none of this would have happened, should've squatted instead.  What is your squat anyway?  Do you even lift?

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: DieCommie]
    #24663117 - 09/27/17 12:53 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Awesome,  I love that about LSD.  It wont make you better on its own.  Buts its wonderful at tearing down our self lies and bringing that which we have ignored into focus.  It can be really soul clensing.

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #24663230 - 09/27/17 03:11 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Quote:

JonBongGroovy said:

It was to the point where 8 beers wasn't even doing shit to me any more.  Wtf were you drinking, liquor?  Glad you kicked that habit, alcohol is a great time, get a little swirl goin but we both went overboard obviously.

Edit:
I never liked alcohol much, I could never sleep so I drank and did heroin.

--------------------

Edited by JonBongGroovy (09/27/17 05:49 AM)

Invisibleazzbo

Loc: Flag
    #24663284 - 09/27/17 04:27 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Op, good shit man, taking advice from the psychs and getting ur arse in shape.

I reckon cycling is one of the best ways to get in shape, it's just so fun and doesnt really feel like a workout.

I had a similar experience, but it was weed that kicked me up the arse.

Must be beast riding your bmx around amsterdam, shit I havent had a bmx since my teen days. Maybe if I didnt live on top of a big ass hill I'd get one.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: An acid trip kicked me in the ass to get my shit together [Re: Shroomism]
    #24663310 - 09/27/17 04:54 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
An acid trip is what prompted me to stop smoking cigarettes. I was a chain smoker in those time and I would also smoke like a chimney on LSD.

That one trip I didn't smoke a cigarette until like almost at the peak, I lit it up out of ritual and my brain just said what the fuck are doing stupid? That does nothing for you and only hurts you and you are paying to slowly kill yourself for what?? I didn't smoke one the rest of the trip and I really for the first time was super motivated to quit.. that was like the first time I realized, hey.. this has been going on long enough.. and I'm starting to feel some serious negative effects.. time to put this shit to bed. Unfortunately, it took me another 2 years or so to actually quit, as my willpower wasn't up to par. But once I found ecigs it was game on and never looked back. But that one acid trip stands out because it kicked me in the ass and said hey cut that fucking shit out retard!

I had a similar experience with ciggs! Except it was salvia :smirk:

I had just come down off a breakthrough dose. I was sitting in our jam room, which was always full of people smoking. I lit up a smoke and just sat there watching it burn between my fingers. Then I thought "what am I doing?"...the realization came over me that I was actually paying some corporation to kill me, slowly. I was so taken back that I immediately crumpled the rest of my pack and threw it in the garbage. It was the last time I ever lit up a smoke. I tried to have one about 6 months later, but I couldn't even take a drag. My body was done with them.

That was about 15 years ago!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies