Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroom_Monkey
Stranger
This a bad trip? Should I do shrooms again?!!!
    #2465953 - 03/23/04 11:25 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

I took about 1.5 grams of hydroponic shrooms, which has been the lowest amount i have ever taken, yet i had the worst trip ever. I was driving with my friends when the trip kicked in and then I soon began to get lost in a confusion of thoughts. I then realized that my friends dont like me and that they only want to use me...I then got my ass home and then watched a movie while i was tripping...trying to remember how the hell i got home because i hadnt realize that i kept seeing shit fly across the road while i was driving. Anyways, a great feeling of despair and hoplessness overcame me to the point where i cried. I rolled up in a ball and waited for the trip to end. The next day i felt insanley depressed and hopless, and to this day i still can get myself to hang out with my friends. So then i tried to meditate and pull myself out of this confusion. I ended up falling asleep...having horrible dreams of traveling through dimensions and being tormented my mutants...it was then followed by a horrifying night terror. I think the trip has profoundly changed my life for the worst. Should i try to have a good trip to counteract the bad one i had? To this day i feel haunted by my mind and i think my mental health is degrading...What do you guys recommend?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: This a bad trip? Should I do shrooms again?!!! [Re: Shroom_Monkey]
    #2465966 - 03/23/04 11:31 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

get new friends

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2465967 - 03/23/04 11:32 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, those hydroponic shrooms are crazy.  :rolleyes: (Note: There are no hydroponic shrooms.)

Most everyone who uses psychedelics will have a bad trip, or at least a difficult one, in their life. It's not the drugs fault; it's your set, setting and mindset. If you think you're ready to shroom again, I'd do it alone with nature, so then you don't have to think about your friends. Just try to get the most beautiful, sunny day there is and then shroom, and hopefully the awesome trip will completely obliterate the after-effects of the bad one.

However, if your mind truely recoils in horror just thinking of shrooms, you may not want to shroom again. This is a purely personal choice, and only you can decide whether or not you're ready to trip.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineToolman
This one, thisform I hold now
 User Gallery

Loc: The borderline
    #2466293 - 03/24/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Tripping with sober people is not always a good thing. If u cant    connect/talk with them, and u feel misunderstood, it can be hard to handle for an exploring soul. Your trip could also just be a setting issue.

This is how i handle my bad trips.

A trip is a journey inside ur mind, and psychedelic substance will sometimes show u stuff that u dont like. If u dont feel good about urself, have problems of some kind, this may surface in the trip. I like to call this purging, when i am tripping like crazy. If the trips starts to show u something that u dont like, dont discard it. It will only come back untill u listen, and then it may have such a high volume that u dont understand it. So grab the "bull by its horns" early on. Sometimes u can get onto a differnt mind track, but if it keeps surfacing. Say "ok i will go with u, please be gentle with me".

Now when u are not fighting with the bad trip and going with the flow, u need to try and identify why its showing u this. Concentrade and meditate. What was it that made you scared? Identify this and confront it. U may get a wrong answer, but its one step higher,closer to the answer. Yes this could mean hours of tears and pain, hence the purging. Bad trips are never easy, thats why they got the name. But like life u must learn from the good and the bad.

Dont worry to much about bad trips, they do pass. U may feel down for days or weeks, just keep telling urself "I am ok, I am still here, after all that crazy shit". Just be true to urself, and treat the shrooms with respect. Maybe eat a lower dose this time, so u feel comfortable with the psychedelic experince again.

Note: Some of us have deep places that we dont have the power to purge yet. I call mine the "metal abyss", when i feel this coming. I can stop it by singing a song or smoking weed. U may also be a person that psychedelics dont mix well with.
Take care, and i hope everything works out for u.
Peace :sun:

--------------------
Dreaming of that face again. It's bright and blue and shimmering. Grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2466294 - 03/24/04 01:59 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

looking back on my "bad trips," I'd say they're fantastic :smile:

doesn't really happen anymore though, now that I kind of know why I'm taking psychedelics.

Only you know if you should give it another shot.  :confused:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2466337 - 03/24/04 02:15 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

There's some good advice here.
Tripping with sober people can skew everything, making 'them against you', or you feel alienated,etc.
Give yourself a little time, a few months maybe, and trip again, by yourself, with calming music, in the most comfortable, natural atmosphere you can imagine.  Know a park no one will bug you at?  Got a backyard that's free from friends, parents, etc?

YOU can control the mushrooms. If you are scared, you'll have a bad trip. If you think your having a bad trip, you'll have a bad trip.  But if you are, and you want it to stop, consciously change things.  Leave the area, change the tunes, stop your confusing 'train' of thought.
Close your eyes, picture some rainbow geometric patterns, and think how beautiful this is.  Remember that you're safe, alive, and experiencing a chance to open your mind, then do so :wink:

Make the next trip as pleasing as possible, and the opposite in set (your mindset, WHY, etc) and setting (where, when, with whom)

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: This a bad trip? Should I do shrooms again?!!! [Re: Blastrid]
    #2466506 - 03/24/04 03:44 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

I think what makes tripping with sober people so horrible is that your ego is being slowly destroyed and you're noticing theirs a lot.

I think most people are used/use others too. It's the only way I can really see friendship - mutual using of each other.

--------------------
]

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2466653 - 03/24/04 06:41 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

you were driving a motor vehicle while coming up on shrooms?
sheesh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinemopeds_beep_beep
    #2467160 - 03/24/04 10:28 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

hydroponic shrooms? i didnt know there was such a thing...

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2467300 - 03/24/04 11:03 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

LMAO... hydroponic shrooms! That's great!

Anyhow, bad trips happen. A lot of people say that they never have one and never will, but I think they're inevitable. If you continue to trip you're going to have one sooner or later. To me, bad trips expose weaknesses in the integrity of your mind, body and soul. Everyone likes to think that they're cruising through life with little weakness, or they choose to ignore their weaknesses. Seems like right now your fighting with what you went through, which is a normal reaction to your first bad trip. It'll probably take a few weeks to get over it. And don't worry about it, you will get over it. Going through another trip anytime soon is not the solution you're looking for. Always try to take the good from the bad, but keep in mind that whatever you think is bad while on a trip is just a exageration. Your friends may not be friends with you for the reasons you want them to be, but it's perhaps to a lesser extent then you believe. Instead of ignoring what you went through, you can try asking your friend why they like being your friends.

If you've enjoyed mushrooms in the past I think there's no reason you shouldn't do them in the future.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineWickedClown
ShRoOmEr

Re: This a bad trip? Should I do shrooms again?!!! [Re: djd586]
    #2469674 - 03/24/04 11:00 PM (20 years, 27 days ago)

just never trip with drunk people... that sends the worst agressive drunken angry bad vibes towards your way... loud, rambling, aggressive drunk people...

not fun :frown:

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#2471808 - 03/25/04 02:56 AM (20 years, 27 days ago)

Yep; don't come anywhere near drunk people!
I sat outside once , just smoking a cigarette at 2AM; on the comedown; and lots of people came across me.
Needless to say, most of them drunk as f*** ...

Then they would like start conversations with me; I had to keep myself from laughing out loud how ridiculous they looked/sounded.
But still I have to say, I was a lot more positive, so I made a joke or two. I could have easily made fun of them; but what would be the point in that? I understood their point of view; they were drunk and tired; so no need in deep philosophical discussions right?

But I wouldn't wanna be with them in earlier stages of the flight. Definately bad vibes!

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2474394 - 03/25/04 07:35 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

You just had a startling trip that may of opened your eyes to some things. Hang out with people you can trust and the absolute worse thing you can do is worry about your mental health.

You are fine, just had an overwhelming trip that you will get over.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract