Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrake89
Mushroom Magnate
Male User Gallery

Loc: TN
Trusted Cultivator
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: TheDuder]
    #24509117 - 07/26/17 09:35 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheDuder said:
I believe the bed is Esculenta, I did spawn another bed with importuna and will be spawning the rufobrunnea soon too.

Did those pop in july ?  I never got an answer

--------------------
Fiery Fungi (like us on faeboo)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: drake89]
    #24509150 - 07/26/17 10:03 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

They first started in late June and they are still popping up today.

--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|

|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
    #24509318 - 07/26/17 12:00 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

this is a little off topic but what are the macroscopic differences between these subspecies of morchella?

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

Offlinedrake89
Mushroom Magnate
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #24509383 - 07/26/17 12:40 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tryptkaloids said:
this is a little off topic but what are the macroscopic differences between these subspecies of morchella?

You need to read the monograph if yu want specifics, its from the 2000s and I think tom Volk was one of the authors.  Some of them only have genetic differences and some of the ones that look the same have less in common genetically than say some blacks and greys.

--------------------

Offlinedrake89
Mushroom Magnate
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24509387 - 07/26/17 12:42 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheDuder said:
They first started in late June and they are still popping up today.

That's awesome was the spawn home made or purchased?  And you think it's importuna or Esculenta or...?

--------------------

OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: drake89]
    #24509829 - 07/26/17 04:09 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The spawn was purchesed before I was able to get my hands on an LC.

At first I though it was rufobrunnea because that's the one usually grown but I checked there web site and it says it's esculenta spawn.

--------------------

|-------------------[Ps. Azurescens]------------------------------------------[Ps. Semilanceata]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Allenii]------------------------|

|--------------[Ps. Ovoideocystidiata]------------------------------------------[Ps. Stuntzii]--------------------------------------------[Ps. Baeocystis]----------------------|

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #24511596 - 07/27/17 11:43 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

If you are referring to the website that I think you are. It predates the discovery that the cultivated white/yellow morels are rufobrunnea. There was a lot of confusion with morel identification until genetic testing in the early 2000's. Ower's early cultivation work claimed success with M. esculenta, which we now know was actually M. rufobrunnea. I suspect your "esculenta" is actually mislabeled rufobrunnea because the website hasn't been updated with current information.

Your mushrooms certainly look like rufobrunnea with pointed caps, dark pits when young, white ridges and salmon colored bruising. Good info here.

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/morchella_rufobrunnea.html

R. Ower, "Notes on the Development of the Morel Ascocarp: Morchella Esculenta," Mycologia, 74(1): 142 (1982).

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Edited by Workman (07/27/17 12:11 PM)

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Workman]
    #24511605 - 07/27/17 11:51 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for clearing up. One question though. I thought they were outdoor cultivating different morchella species in China, is this also actually rufobrunnea?

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: LizardWizard]
    #24511633 - 07/27/17 12:01 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

No, that is a black landscaping morel, either the same or similar to M. importuna. As far as I know, M. importuna has only been cultivated outdoors.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Workman]
    #24511727 - 07/27/17 12:44 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: LizardWizard]
    #24511731 - 07/27/17 12:48 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, Workman...this makes more sense now.

--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰

Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

OfflineTheDuder
Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Mycolorado]
    #24512722 - 07/27/17 08:09 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Well I've got a rufobrunnea bag colonizing right now, ill spawn it and compare.
My first thought was they look like rufobrunnea, the stems got almost red when they were older.
Sounds about right for rufobrunnea. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinekoopa_troopa
the fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: morel cult thread [Re: AcidHorse]
    #24642265 - 09/18/17 08:32 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hahaha... I pitty the small minded fool. PLEASE explain how that article in ev
en the vaguest sense implied I was wrong, not only does that substance kill nematodes, it also kills fungi. Hell the article even backs my theory up by explaining how it causes problems with the dampening off of the roots (specifically mentioned in the reference patent, and also mentionsakimg water absorption more difficult, hense the heavy flooding Mills imploys, not to mention the nematodes cause significant damage to the roots and the plants which is the single most important fruiting trigger for morels. This is the last time I respond to pretty and illogical will nilly nonsense from Neanderthals. My information is SRRAIGHT FROM THE GREATEST MOST RENOWNED AND RESPECTED MTCOLOGIST IN THE WORLD after having full reighn to inspect the wntire facility and all growth mediums. I have made this clear, a professional gave me key insights yet you choose to frolick around in fantasy land talking of the importance of solar flares and yeti fore skin lol THIS REALITY CHECK WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD KOOPA

--------------------

Koopa Out
OfThisWorld,SmilingDownOnOurs: BirsdEyeView,NeverNewLife,PastsFastAsCars

OfflineSteevo
Just a cog in the death wheel
 User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: morel cult thread [Re: koopa_troopa]
    #24642290 - 09/18/17 08:38 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

What in the fucking fuck?

--------------------

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: morel cult thread [Re: koopa_troopa] * 1
    #24642393 - 09/18/17 09:08 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koopa_troopa said:
Hahaha... I pitty the small minded fool. PLEASE explain how that article in ev
en the vaguest sense implied I was wrong, not only does that substance kill nematodes, it also kills fungi. Hell the article even backs my theory up by explaining how it causes problems with the dampening off of the roots (specifically mentioned in the reference patent, and also mentionsakimg water absorption more difficult, hense the heavy flooding Mills imploys, not to mention the nematodes cause significant damage to the roots and the plants which is the single most important fruiting trigger for morels. This is the last time I respond to pretty and illogical will nilly nonsense from Neanderthals. My information is SRRAIGHT FROM THE GREATEST MOST RENOWNED AND RESPECTED MTCOLOGIST IN THE WORLD after having full reighn to inspect the wntire facility and all growth mediums. I have made this clear, a professional gave me key insights yet you choose to frolick around in fantasy land talking of the importance of solar flares and yeti fore skin lol THIS REALITY CHECK WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD KOOPA

:whateveryousayfreak:

OfflineSpotter
Making you all look good

Loc: True North Flag
Re: morel cult thread [Re: Munchauzen]
    #24642599 - 09/18/17 10:43 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------
Its all about the Hericium erinaceus yo.
Spotters Resume

InvisibleCepheus16

Re: morel cult thread [Re: Spotter] * 1
    #24643219 - 09/19/17 07:43 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

just posting to save for later. should be fun scrolling through 8 some odd years of posts about morels aha. best of luck yall

--------------------
I am a Gamer.
Hath not a Gamer eyes? Hath not a Gamer hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Norm is? If you prick us, do we not roll for damage? If you bully us, do we not make a will save vs. depression? If you poison us, do we not roll a fortitude save vs. death? And if you wrong us, shall we not throw dice?

Offlinekoopa_troopa
the fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: morel cult thread [Re: Cepheus16]
    #24654091 - 09/23/17 04:04 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Lol I was trying to reply to an earlier acid post been a few yrs since I've been on here I'm about to post some great info here within the hour the explains nearly all the keys to fruiting morels, mainly specific strains of bacteria, specific nematode. Strains, flooding followed by large doses of uv light and radiation and plants. Sorry for the blast post, it's frustrating trying to get acid horse to work with anyone if it involves any info in which he did not discover, I mean damn it's bad when you have inside absolute fact info from a world renowned mycologist hired by mills as a consultant to have unlimited access to his operation to help solve his continual contam problems, and yet he still absolutely ignores it while throwing out crazy conjectures. He is i.possible to work with and it's a shame acid can't get off His high horse :smile: bc he is intelligent.. oh well

--------------------

Koopa Out
OfThisWorld,SmilingDownOnOurs: BirsdEyeView,NeverNewLife,PastsFastAsCars

Offlineadadada
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: morel cult thread [Re: koopa_troopa]
    #24654357 - 09/23/17 06:40 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineAsis
Stranger
Re: morel cult thread [Re: adadada]
    #24657872 - 09/25/17 04:03 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hi, I was reading this very interesting thread as recently I started some morel cultures. Thanks for all the info!
I was wandering if it will be possible to get a fragment of M. rufobrunnea dry hymenium from someone. Looks like this is one of the sp. that can be cultivated. As I mentioned I started recently with morels and I don't have to much to offer in exchange. I don't know if some one could be interested but I have some specimens of the Chines growth morel from Sichuan (I think it is M. septimelata), and I will be happy to exchange it for rufo.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix