Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKevyWevz
Stranger
15g Dragon Dynamite Truffles - Mild at best
    #24653844 - 09/23/17 04:29 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

About 6/7 weeks ago I tried psilocybin truffles for the first time (10g Atlantis truffles - underwhelming experience documented here: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24552514#24552514). Long story short that experience, though disappointing, was always intended as a tester with a beginners to gauge my reaction/experience. It was accurately described in the thread as 'dipping my toes' into psychedelics so this time I wanted to go about waist deep.

But ultimately this second 'trip' with 15g of Dragons Dynamite was like going ankle deep at most. I had intended to acquire 20 grams, start by taking 15g and top up with the remaining 5g if the trip was weak but the packages came in 15g so I just rolled with that and returned to my hotel room for a solo trip. I had nothing else to eat this morning save for an apple and banana to stave off hunger about 3 hours before ingestion.

I consumed the truffles about 14:00. About 90 or mins I had some very mild closed eye visuals, curiously only when by hands covered my eyes(note to self, eye mask for future trips probably good idea). First there was some visions of something very similar to the centre of a sunflower but entirely yellow. Once I saw this I recalled seeing it early on in my first experience also. Soon after there was a lot of green and red lines that seemed to be coming at me in waves and at some stage there was what seemed like a laser show (mostly blue).

All pretty mild, and only when my hands were resting on my eyes. I guessed this might be due to pressure on my eyes from my hands, but attempts to replicate since have been unsuccessful so content that these were psilocybin enduced.

My intentions have always been introspection and I will admit that I had a very sudden realisation about a problem I've been dealing with for some time - but when the realisation is along the lines of 'you already have the info you need, but you need to discipline yourself on the execution', it is hard to determine whether this realisation was a result of the psilocybin or a result of spending several hours alone with nothing but music and no visual/information stimulus.

Though this was an improvement on the almost nothing that happened with the first attempt, it was also brought no emotion. There was no sense of awe/contentment/unity or things commonly reported.

Though I know it's the wrong perspective I am very disappointed with this. I adjusted my schedule and finances considerably to have this 'trip' and really feel as though I have gained very little as a result.

Had I not investigated psilocybin for so long and been so convinced of it's potential I would definitely conclude that psilocybin just isn't for me.

It's mushie season right now so I'm going to try one last time with some fruit bodies - though adjusting for varieties and dosages may be difficult for me. Aiming for a level 3 trip (or there abouts) - something potent but not too overwhelming.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts, if any, on this. Is it perhaps my mind set or expectations that are wrong going into this and interfering with the actual result maybe?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCryptrip
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: 15g Dragon Dynamite Truffles - Mild at best [Re: KevyWevz]
    #24654008 - 09/23/17 05:37 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure about those truffles, but I had the 15g of Hollandia truffles for my first psychedelic experience and I went through complete ego death/oblivion.  Granted I had a couple of joints at the time but all that did was boost the visuals I feel.

Perhaps you're just one of those people who's naturally tolerant of psilocybin. I'd strongly recommend seeking out either Hollandia or Utopia truffles - easily the strongest stuff and a 15g should get you to where you want to be.

Edited by Cryptrip (09/23/17 05:38 PM)

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24654824 - 09/24/17 12:50 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I had intended to acquire 20 grams, start by taking 15g and top up with the remaining 5g if the trip was weak

There's a few places in Amsterdam that sell the 20g packs. Bear in mind that a 20g dose is a third more than 15g; it does make a noticeable difference (especially when the first 10 grams or so are required purely to bring you up to threshold effects). I think 20g of this stuff is a reasonable first-time dose but 15g is a bit on the weak side (personally in this kind of situation I'd be tempted to buy 30g, eat half and then boost the dose if necessary).

Quote:

Though I know it's the wrong perspective I am very disappointed with this. I adjusted my schedule and finances considerably to have this 'trip' and really feel as though I have gained very little as a result.

I can understand your disappointment :frown:

Quote:

Had I not investigated psilocybin for so long and been so convinced of it's potential I would definitely conclude that psilocybin just isn't for me.

It's 100% dose-related I can assure you. This isn't the first post about underwhelming trips on magic truffles. You just need the right dose. It's difficult to recommend a dose to a beginner which isn't either too weak or too strong. I could say "oh just eat 30g" and you'd definitely trip, but then you run the risk that the disappointingly weak trip is replaced by the unpleasantly strong and anxiety-filled trip (actually I suspect you'd enjoy it....)

Quote:

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts, if any, on this. Is it perhaps my mind set or expectations that are wrong going into this and interfering with the actual result maybe?

I don't think it's really to do with mindset or expectations. My main advice would be that if you are in a situation where you only have one chance to trip (with the magic truffles) and you want to make sure that you trip, then buy more than you intend to take so that you can boost the dose if necessary (I usually do this 90 minutes after the initial dose). As per the previous thread:

Quote:

often the ideal dose will be more than one 15g pack but less than two packs

Also it does take a bit of patience to find the right dose. It's easy to jump in and throw caution to the wind and dose quite heavy, but there's a risk that you hit an intensity which is ferocious and potentially just as off-putting as the dose that does nothing much. It's hard to judge the line where introspection gives way to delusion and awe turns into horror.... until you sail right over it.

If you trip again on the magic truffles maybe go for the "High Hawaiians" as this is the only thing from a smart shop that I personally know to be consistently strong (the dragon's dynamite are consistent but not particularly strong). Hollandia / Utopia can vary a lot depending on where it's from (I've had a disappointing trip off 15g hollandia very similar to the one you are describing in your post).

My main advice - don't give up! Sooner or later you will get a trip that opens up your mind and leaves you thinking "Wow! so this is what it's all about". And then it will all be worth it...

:dancingbear:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineKevyWevz
Stranger
Re: 15g Dragon Dynamite Truffles - Mild at best [Re: Cryptrip]
    #24660757 - 09/26/17 08:17 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cryptrip said:
Perhaps you're just one of those people who's naturally tolerant of psilocybin. I'd strongly recommend seeking out either Hollandia or Utopia truffles - easily the strongest stuff and a 15g should get you to where you want to be.

God I hope not! That line between 'enough' and 'too much' seems to be a pretty thin one!

OfflineKevyWevz
Stranger
Re: 15g Dragon Dynamite Truffles - Mild at best [Re: Aldebaran]
    #24661071 - 09/26/17 11:54 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Aldebaran said:
There's a few places in Amsterdam that sell the 20g packs. Bear in mind that a 20g dose is a third more than 15g; it does make a noticeable difference (especially when the first 10 grams or so are required purely to bring you up to threshold effects). I think 20g of this stuff is a reasonable first-time dose but 15g is a bit on the weak side (personally in this kind of situation I'd be tempted to buy 30g, eat half and then boost the dose if necessary).

Thanks Aldebaran, I was hoping you'd chime in on this one :smile:

Quote:

Aldebaran said:

It's 100% dose-related I can assure you. This isn't the first post about underwhelming trips on magic truffles. You just need the right dose. It's difficult to recommend a dose to a beginner which isn't either too weak or too strong. I could say "oh just eat 30g" and you'd definitely trip, but then you run the risk that the disappointingly weak trip is replaced by the unpleasantly strong and anxiety-filled trip (actually I suspect you'd enjoy it....)

Interesting guess! Now that you've planted the seed it does seem likely that I would enjoy such a different conscious state even if it wasn't every 'fun'. Having said that, even though I'm not doing this for the fun/buzz that psiloybin gives - I certainly would prefer a trip that didn't drag me through an emotional hell (though if necessary for what needs to be learned, so be it)

Quote:

Aldebaran said: I don't think it's really to do with mindset or expectations. My main advice would be that if you are in a situation where you only have one chance to trip (with the magic truffles) and you want to make sure that you trip, then buy more than you intend to take so that you can boost the dose if necessary (I usually do this 90 minutes after the initial dose). As per the previous thread:

Quote:

often the ideal dose will be more than one 15g pack but less than two packs

I'm thinking of moving onto fruit bodies this time - seems I can acquire some pretty good quality ones so hoping potency is a little more reliable in these. Next part is to schedule the 'when'

Quote:

Aldebaran said:Also it does take a bit of patience to find the right dose. It's easy to jump in and throw caution to the wind and dose quite heavy, but there's a risk that you hit an intensity which is ferocious and potentially just as off-putting as the dose that does nothing much. It's hard to judge the line where introspection gives way to delusion and awe turns into horror.... until you sail right over it.

That's what I'm afraid of but in many ways I'm starting to think I need to get a little braver here and just accept whatever happens when I'm in there

Quote:

Aldebaran said:My main advice - don't give up! Sooner or later you will get a trip that opens up your mind and leaves you thinking "Wow! so this is what it's all about". And then it will all be worth it...

The dream! Don't want to rush it if it's so worth up but logistically can't be waiting around trying tiny increments either :smile:

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24685514 - 10/05/17 12:06 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Interesting guess! Now that you've planted the seed it does seem likely that I would enjoy such a different conscious state even if it wasn't every 'fun'. Having said that, even though I'm not doing this for the fun/buzz that psiloybin gives - I certainly would prefer a trip that didn't drag me through an emotional hell (though if necessary for what needs to be learned, so be it)

What I mean is - nobody enjoys feeling anxious, but its quite typical for a worthwhile dose to make you feel uncomfortable at certain points of the trip (typically during the comeup) before you start to relax and enjoy it. In your case I suspect after a disappointing experience you would feel more excited than anxious when things start getting weird, like "finally something is happening!"  I think the first time that you properly 'trip' your enthusiasm helps to keep the trip positive, as long as you don't take *too* much.

Quote:

I'm thinking of moving onto fruit bodies this time - seems I can acquire some pretty good quality ones so hoping potency is a little more reliable in these.

Sounds good...

Quote:

That's what I'm afraid of but in many ways I'm starting to think I need to get a little braver here and just accept whatever happens when I'm in there

I think that's the right attitude - take enough for a proper trip and see what happens; you've already had a couple of lower-dose trips and you've read enough to know what you're letting yourself in for. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports