Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Loc: Drop Bear Country
Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, tray spawned (Update 19/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24643174 - 09/19/17 07:14 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Original post has been updated with a 19/9/2017 section detailing some pics+info. Including the tray I just spawned.

Don't worry, it's covered up now...

Any further suggestions on fruiting chamber designs for a tray would be appreciated, but I do think I'm going to buy a new tub and make either a much larger SGFC or just use a tub, loose lid, something similar. Or maybe a micropore version of a monotub? First two seem viable afaik from my reading. I feel like the 3rd could work.

Perhaps not the mini-SGFC... Feels sort of wrong.

--------------------
"Death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws..."
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/19/17 07:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Loc: Valhalla
    #24643184 - 09/19/17 07:21 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

For $10 you can get 10 shoebox totes. Each one can be treated like a miniature Unbodified mono.

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, tray spawned (Update 19/9) [Re: dhype773]
    #24643209 - 09/19/17 07:37 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dhype773 said:
For $10 you can get 10 shoebox totes. Each one can be treated like a miniature Unbodified mono.

:thumbup:
Was thinking that may be the best/easiest option, think I will do so. Cheers again man.

:grin:

--------------------
"Death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws..."
~Jim Morrison

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24643217 - 09/19/17 07:42 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Right on. Cube mycelium can actually eat through aluminum trays. Crazy shit. I have my first shoebox going now. You can see it in my journal.

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24643297 - 09/19/17 08:27 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Right on. Cube mycelium can actually eat through aluminum trays. Crazy shit. I have my first shoebox going now. You can see it in my journal.

Noice! Indeed, looks good. Further ahead than mine by a few days, hey...

I might have to watch it grow up.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24643393 - 09/19/17 09:13 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'll be watching this thread too. :cheers:

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24645598 - 09/20/17 01:42 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dhype773 said:
Yeah, they do seem similar. That's why I felt confident answering your post. But I actually think the totes are cheaper! 94 cents a piece at Walmart including the lid. Thanks BTW, I have high hopes!

They likely are cheaper, in the end, as I will need a tote to fruit the tray (5 Al trays for like 2-3 bucks 8" squared, 2"deep, of course, single use...)Anyways...      :facepalm3:

I got this whole way into it, only to realize at the end, the tray is extraneous, overall, and essentially adding an unnecessary material cost. Unless I was going for a flat fattie cake. Figuring stuff out is all good fun though.

I've had reasonably good work method this time around I think, but never really thought too hard about the materials I was using.

Also a sidenote on the random small bacteria spot half-pint of grain; I pulled out 2/3rds of it, and it is nice looking clean mushroom smelling grain (if a bit dry), so I crumbled into a bag with like twice as much coir/verm. Not sure it'd be deep enough in a tray, so I may just keep it in the bag. or move it to SGFC if it colonizes. It's a big Ziploc with a 2cmx1cm hole cut and micropored, double layer, for GE. I feel like the fully colonized grains not in the area of the spot might go alright on coir in a bag. It's isolated, so I figure it can't cause too much trouble.

Dimensions are probably 1' long, 3" diameter, gently compacted in the bag.

Also, stuffed about a quarter inch layer of coir/verm on top of a PF after a dunk. It's the most consolidated one, because it was a little shorter on the brf/verm level, thus colonized first. Chucked the lid back on. Would bod's bag tent thing he does (straight to fruiting) be wiser I wonder?

Honestly just trying to use the prepped coir up. So wish I'd done more grain jars now... I've been eyeing off pints and larger at the shop enviously now for a bit. But my PC is tiny. None would fit. Such sadness.  :sad:

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray spawned, cakes in SGFC (Update 22/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24652536 - 09/22/17 08:34 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Had a lot of trouble uploading pics last night. First post updated appropriately. Seems to work after I mess around with the pics abit. Weird. Anyways. The pictures would've been better if I'd taken them today. The Dunk'n'Roll PF is currently more puffy with more little "nodes".

The 1/4inch coir topped 1/2pint PF is rising through steadily. Looks a bit better than yesterdays pic.

Tray is hard to see, and has completely evened out it's colonization of the coir 1/8" layer overnight, since pic was taken. Still don't think it's ready for it's tub yet. Guess I wait until I can barely see the coir layer anymore.

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/22/17 08:38 PM)

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24652977 - 09/23/17 03:43 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

The tray is coming along well.

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: dhype773]
    #24652986 - 09/23/17 03:57 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks man. Yeah that pic does it no justice. It's way more colonized right now than there. I'll be fruiting probably in 2 days, it picked up speed abit.

Even the random couple of cakes are surprising me. They just seem sorta nice. For cakes. I'm seeing good things I think. Bumps, n' such.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24653025 - 09/23/17 05:06 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I assume the bumps are knotting. Good stuff man.

--------------------

InvisibleGluckon
From the Crypt

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: dhype773]
    #24653117 - 09/23/17 06:45 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Coming along quite well!

Reading through your thread it was mentioned about the 6qt dub tubs. Munchauzen wrote a little bit about them on this thread. I saved it and I think you might enjoy it as well. It's a short read.

Looking good though, keep it up!

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: Gluckon]
    #24653207 - 09/23/17 08:05 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thanks Gluckon. Went and checked out that thread. Looks pretty neat, seems like most people are getting good results with primarily unmodified tubs of varying sizes/configurations everywhere I look, I will be probably looking at a few unmodded/dubs when I can afford a presto w/quart jars.

At this time I'm limited to roughly 1-3 of those Al trays at a time, and however many 1/4-1/2 pint cakes I can be bothered doing because of how much grain I can PC. So I shall probably use the 7 or so trays I have left before I make the switch.

It's funny/ironic really, because I'll be using a 20L unmodded tub with a pretty crappy lid, (has some good airgaps along it's long edge), to fruit my tray/s. Been looking at it and I reckon I could get 2 of these trays in it.

Thanks guys. I'll be back with pics when I see some pins for sure.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/23/17 08:07 AM)

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24653377 - 09/23/17 09:48 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24657893 - 09/25/17 04:16 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Update 25/9/17:

Pretty much everything is in the fruiting conditions now. Tray looked pretty lovely when I opened it up, so I gave it a shimmering layer of dew after placing it in the 20L unmodified, no sealed edges, so I figure it'll be alright, might give it a fan after misting, and perhaps prop it open an inch on one side on occasion. Looks great, should've got pics of the water droplets, but yeah...

The 2 other cakes have joined the rest in the Mini-SGFC. I think we're seeing primordia on the original two...(???)

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/25/17 04:26 AM)

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24658022 - 09/25/17 05:19 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Looking good man

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray in 20L unmodded tub, cakes in SGFC (Update 25/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24660417 - 09/26/17 12:25 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm am having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the unmodded tubs for some reason. Worried mainly about humidity lacking, and that closing the lid only leaves 1mm gap for FAE... So I've flipped the lid to allow the raised handles of lid to prop it, creating like an ~1/8th of an inch gap around the whole top of the tub.

Alternatively, I have a metal prop I could use to make that more, but I'm sticking with the middle option of ~1/8th of an inch for now.

I just am trying to figure out wether when I go out ~5-10hrs, I should loosely shut the lid, (1mm airflow), or leave it the 1/8th inch. I guess this is something I will just have to observe, with the moisture loss/retention. (roughly 1-2 light mists/day atm)

Not sure what the humidity is like in there. Looks okay for now. Still learning to balance my fruiting conditions in a non-SGFC.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/26/17 02:06 AM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray in 20L unmodded tub, cakes in SGFC (Update 25/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24662966 - 09/26/17 11:05 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Gotten abit more comfortable with unmodded tubs... But... I saw a drain fly in it sitting on the inside wall of the tub this morning. Killed it immediately. But I hope like hell it wasn't a female. I figure my chances are like 50/50.

Like I just want it to be some drain fly dude, bein' all like, "Hey, look at all this moisture, and what a view!" Cos then the little prick wouldn't be able to lay eggs.

Everything else is inaccessible to drain flies. I knew I was gonna stress about this. Only seen the one though so... Fingers crossed.  :shrug:

Edit:
The SGFC is in the best, safest condition however, large primordia/pins(soon...? No stem yet.) that are the size of beans in the case of 2/5-6ish of them, on the best jar... The coir-topped one. Interesting.

3 much smaller on the dunk and rolled. So far, visible.

1/4 pints are slowly relaxing into the SGFC, nothing exciting yet.

The tray looks lovely, the threads have twisted together across the surface, little beads of myc rising. But that drain fly scared the crap outta me tbh. I just woke up to it, at the top near the lid. The light didn't help probably, last night and all.  :facepalm3:

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/27/17 12:09 AM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24677409 - 10/02/17 08:42 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Everythings looking awesome. ~15 pins on both 1/2 pints, fattening slowly. Had a mad side pinning issue with the coir topped, had to take it out of the jar. Pulled off nearly all of the side/bottom pins. They're in a desiccant chamber. Still a nice set on top of it. Was wondering why they were so slow, then I saw the large meaty side pins...

Love it. 2 tiny pins have appeared on the tray. Another 2 on my odd salvage log in it's own tub. 1/4 pints are still stretching out in the mini SGFC. No pins on em yet, but they'll get there. I think one side of the 1/2 pint dunk and roll may not be great conditions, all the pins are around the bottom where I water, and on the side away from the FAE holes. Couple on the top, but most are in the bottom-watering section. Looks amusing.

So far seems pretty good. I will need to get more batteries for the camera to show you what I mean, but I will do so soon.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24677434 - 10/02/17 08:50 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom