Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNu-Shroomz
Not a stranger, just strange.

Help with cacti ID??
    #24650943 - 09/22/17 05:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

My local garden centre has a range of cacti, and I'm wondering if any contain mescaline.

Does anyone have any tips on ID as they are all labelled as just "cactus".

Are there any sure fire visual ways to ID?

Are there any poisonous ones that could be confused.

Just looking for a little enlightenment before I buy one.

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Help with cacti ID?? [Re: Nu-Shroomz]
    #24650987 - 09/22/17 06:03 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Euphorbia has that milky wax. It hink,its poisonous but i see no picture to help,ypu with.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

OfflineNu-Shroomz

Re: Help with cacti ID?? [Re: ferrel_human]
    #24651081 - 09/22/17 07:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Euphorbia was the only one that had a name on the label actually.

I don't have any pictures, there are quite a few there. I'm after tips/ photos to help me identify which I should buy; if any.

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ~ Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleFeroxx
Master of the Green Fist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cruel sun
Re: Help with cacti ID?? [Re: ferrel_human]
    #24651103 - 09/22/17 07:35 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Euphorbias arent cacti, just succulents, yep they can be the most spicy thing on the planet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

OfflineNu-Shroomz

Re: Help with cacti ID?? [Re: Feroxx]
    #24651119 - 09/22/17 07:47 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm looking for a good mescaline experience, not to melt my taste buds :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleFeroxx
Master of the Green Fist
Male User Gallery

#24651132 - 09/22/17 07:56 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Mescaline is found primarily in peyote and trichos, specially in pachanoi if i recall well.

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

#24651140 - 09/22/17 08:00 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

The trichocereus pachanoi cacti that you will find at garden centers are generally the variety common to California that has incredibly low mescaline content, casually known as "pachanot" variety.

If you find an active cacti at a store that's great, sometimes it happens, but it's not like household go to these stores expecting to find anything.

You can EASILY order lophophora and trichocereus cacti online.  This is the best way to obtain these cacti, that is, unless you know a grower with specimens available for you.

Just order your cacti online.

These may help you:

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

Stranger

#24651165 - 09/22/17 08:12 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Feroxx said:
Mescaline is found primarily in peyote and trichos, specially in pachanoi if i recall well.

For the most part that is correct.

Actually for trichocereus I would say trichocereus peruvianus and trichocereus bridgesii are far more reliable than trichocereus pachanoi as far as mescaline content is concerned, also, trichocereus pachanoi has a north American cultivar common to California known as the "pachanot" which contains much lower mescaline than a true trichocereus pachanoi,( the only method of reliably telling the difference between pachanoi and pachanot involves hairs on the base of the flower, this whole "pachanot" issue has been heavily debated, and most are not certain regarding it, so I will not get into that now.

Mescaline does actually occur in a few other cactus species, but it is generally in quantities too low to be considered significant.

It you want any usable quantities of mescaline you should focus on lophophora or trichocereus cactus species.

In This LINK you can browse or download a PDF of cactus species which include lists of the alkaloids which the specific cactus species contains.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

Stranger

Re: Help with cacti ID?? [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24651178 - 09/22/17 08:19 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Mescaline me is a somewhat tricky compound, a truly Psychedelic dose can require that one consumes between 600 and 800mg of mescaline, 800mg is nearly a full gram of the pure compound, so you must dose high. It takes much more cactus matter than one without experience would assume. It also makes a difference if you are eating the raw cactus, drinking a decoction brewed from the cactus, or consuming an extract from the cactus.

Regardless, you may have to make several attempts before you encounter the full effects of the compound.

Which is why it is best to simply ordered a lophophora or trichocereus cactus species online from a vendor who specializes in these types of cacti.

--------------------

InvisibleFeroxx
Master of the Green Fist
Male User Gallery

#24651345 - 09/22/17 09:51 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:
The trichocereus pachanoi cacti that you will find at garden centers are generally the variety common to California that has incredibly low mescaline content, casually known as "pachanot" variety.

If you find an active cacti at a store that's great, sometimes it happens, but it's not like household go to these stores expecting to find anything.

You can EASILY order lophophora and trichocereus cacti online.  This is the best way to obtain these cacti, that is, unless you know a grower with specimens available for you.

These may help you:

Mmmhhhh, i have one 6-ribbed myrtle, albeit i have a few that have 5 ribs, 5 ribs is much more common i guess, also my P. azureus has 8 ribs.

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:
Mescaline me is a somewhat tricky compound, a truly Psychedelic dose can require that one consumes between 600 and 800mg of mescaline, 800mg is nearly a full gram of the pure compound, so you must dose high. It takes much more cactus matter than one without experience would assume. It also makes a difference if you are eating the raw cactus, drinking a decoction brewed from the cactus, or consuming an extract from the cactus.

Regardless, you may have to make several attempts before you encounter the full effects of the compound.

Which is why it is best to simply ordered a lophophora or trichocereus cactus species online from a vendor who specializes in these types of cacti.

On another forum i read a post where the user said that the standard dose was around 300mg but he could trip with just 50mg, he was more sensitive than average with other substances as well

OfflineNu-Shroomz

#24651359 - 09/22/17 09:58 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Cheers for info guys, may take a look online then.

I've had mescaline experiences in the past, I know all too well just how much bitter and gritty bark you have to chew down; and what its like to bring back up :grin:

--------------------

Stranger

#24653230 - 09/23/17 08:19 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Feroxx said:
Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:

These may help you:

Mmmhhhh, i have one 6-ribbed myrtle, albeit i have a few that have 5 ribs, 5 ribs is much more common i guess, also my P. azureus has 8 ribs.

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:

On another forum i read a post where the user said that the standard dose was around 300mg but he could trip with just 50mg, he was more sensitive than average with other substances as well

I am not sure where the number of ribs comment was coming from.

The number of ribs is highly variable, I have a pachanoi that has 9 ribs at the base, 7 ribs on one "arm", and another "arm" which I highly prize has only four ribs.

(Four rib pachanoi are considered special by shamans, the are definitely rare, and said to be more potent.)

As for the dose of mescaline, 200-400 mg is listed in PIHKAL, which is reasonable.

50mg? I highly doubt this. The threshold dose is at 100mg, I'm not sure if it is even pharmacologically possible for 50mg to produce any real psychoactive effect. 

With harmala alkaloids you might get something out of 50mg mescaline...

(In General, it's never a good idea to mix phenethylamines/amphetamines with a mono amine oxidase inhibitor, however in the case of mescaline and harmala alkaloids this mix appears safe. )

Quote:

WITH MESCALINE

(with 100 mg harmaline, 60 mg mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine) [20 min]) "At two hours I was in a pleasant state of physical relaxation, a fine sense of well being, and I found music most enjoyable. From then to the fourth hour, thoughts flowed freely, and it became obvious that insight was a major part of this experience. Normally unconscious thoughts were easily available. It was as if I could observe my mind in operation, as facts were weighed to form conclusions. By the sixth hour music was a thing of beauty, with the higher notes crisp and clear. The harmaline has probably worn off. Sleep at eight hours, and the next day was without any adverse effects. This was a remarkable experience, the insight of TMA, and the relaxation of MDMA."

(with 150 mg harmaline, 100 mg mescaline [15 min]) "A stomach ache developed at about 45 minutes, followed by a mild nausea which occurred intermittently throughout the next six hours. I felt comfortable, although there was a slight discoordination at about two hours. Walking was never a problem but did require more concentration than normal. Colors on the television were obviously more intense, and highly saturated at this point and moderate photophobia developed. Even a fire in the fireplace was distracting, and stereo was best enjoyed in the dark. Attempts at sleep did not work until the ninth hour. Upon awakening there was a feeling of dehydration but otherwise no ill effects. Mild looseness of stools was present later that morning. Since experiments using only mescaline at doses between 80 and 120 mg resulted in no CNS effects at all, it seems clear that the MAO blocking effects of the harmaline were crucial to this experience.

-shulgin; TIHKAL

In my case, 600mg to 800mg mescaline hydrochloride is required to have a deep experience. Even with cacti I try to calculate consuming around 600 to 800mg.

Anything less than 150mg does nearly nothing for me.

I frequently encounter others who assumed high potency of this compound before experience with cacti, they thought that you would only need to eat like one or two little peyote buttons to have an intense experience, so when they found out that around 150g to 250g of fresh buttons, or that 30g to 40g dried buttons we're required to reach the deep water with peyote you can imagine they were fairly surprised.

Trichocereus cacti can reach up to 2% mescaline content, so a good deal of plant matter is required, however, these cacti are incredibly fast growing, so it is not difficult to obtain the needed plant matter.

--------------------

Stranger

#24653237 - 09/23/17 08:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, I see, in the reference pictures posted Feroxx thought that it was describing the number of ribs rather than their shape and appearance, a simple misunderstanding, had Feroxx been paying attention surly it would have been obvious that the number of ribs of the cacti described was never mentioned. The point was to give one an idea of the general shape and appearance of the ribs and spines of various cacti species.

Both those reference pictures can actually be fairly helpful to those who are just learning.

--------------------

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
    #24653241 - 09/23/17 08:25 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Wrong forum for all this dosage discussion.

Quote:

• No dosage advice. Please take these queries to The Psychedelic Experience forum. Some dosage advice will be tolerated for the more rare ethnobotanicals/entheogens as other forums may not have this knowledge. The main focus of this forum is about growing plants. Remember this.

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Stranger

Re: Help with cacti ID?? [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #24663447 - 09/27/17 07:12 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Mea culpa.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom