Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
For all who have made changa with Alcohol.
    #24652618 - 09/22/17 09:14 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Are you sure isopropyl alcohol evaporates clean?  I want to say I made salvia extract way back in the day and it didn't evaporate clean.  Are we sure 91% will not leave any residue?  Naphtha is a no go because it doesn't dissolve harmaline/hrmala extracts right?

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #24652683 - 09/22/17 09:55 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I've used both 91% and 99% iso, works like a charm, though 99% is best because of the limited water content.

--------------------

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: Sabnock]
    #24652737 - 09/22/17 10:20 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

50ml of acetone can dissolve about 200mg of fairly clean harmala-freebase.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: Amanita86]
    #24652740 - 09/22/17 10:22 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Use acetone if you don't like Iso but I've never had a problem with Iso no matter what the water content. No residue ever for me (and there's no reason for 91% to leave more residue than 99% anyway since the difference is just in water), just longer evaporation times of course.

--------------------

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: Eminence]
    #24652806 - 09/22/17 11:15 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:No residue ever for me (and there's no reason for 91% to leave more residue than 99% anyway since the difference is just in water), just longer evaporation times of course.

Iso won't leave a residue in any concentration because it doesn't contain any impurities or additives. The reason 99% is better than 91%, at least for me, is because i would extract DMT using the iso and evaporate it onto an herb, not dissolving some pure DMT in the iso, so i needed as little water content as possible so that it wouldn't pick up any washing soda which i was using as the base.

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
    #24652846 - 09/22/17 11:45 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I was just saying that since OP seemed to think 91% was dirtier than purer Iso. I've never heard of anyone making changa that way though.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#24652851 - 09/22/17 11:48 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

You extracted using ISO?

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#24652939 - 09/23/17 02:10 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

How do you gauge where your harmala extract purity is at?

--------------------

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: Amanita86]
    #24653185 - 09/23/17 07:45 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
You extracted using ISO?

I extracted from Mimosa, as well as Acacia, using iso, yes. I'd brew up like 100 grams or so of Mimosa or Acacia root, filter the brew and boil it down to about 50 to 100mls i think it was, then once it cooled down i would toss in enough washing soda to dry up all the liquid. Once everything was dried to a paste, i scraped it all up, put it into a jar with some iso, sat the jar on a candle warmer with the lid off, stirred occasionally until the iso was yellow, poured off each pull and evaporated it, doing a total of about 6 pulls i think, just to make sure i got everything. Then once all the pulls were evaporated, i'd redissolve it in fresh iso, and then evaporate it onto an herb. Once the herb was dry, i'd pack a bowl, and top it off with some freebased Rue or purified Harmala extract, or some whole Rue seeds. It's probably a less efficient way to make Changa compared to using pure DMT because you have to kind of guess the dosage of the Mimosa or Acacia enhanced leaf, but the Harmalas/Rue made up for the potency and potentiated it quite a bit so everything was fine, all i had to do was smoke until i got to where i needed to be.

As for determining Harmala purity, whenever i've made Rue or Harmala extract i would just clean it up until the extract is a nice pure looking white color rather than tan or brown.

--------------------

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#24653512 - 09/23/17 10:38 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:
Quote:

Amanita86 said:
You extracted using ISO?

As for determining Harmala purity, whenever i've made Rue or Harmala extract i would just clean it up until the extract is a nice pure looking white color rather than tan or brown.

Pics or it didn't happen. And wow, that extract sounds gross. You never even wash the soda out?

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: Icon]
    #24653599 - 09/23/17 11:42 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icon said:
Quote:

Sabnock said:
Quote:

Amanita86 said:
You extracted using ISO?

Pics or it didn't happen. And wow, that extract sounds gross. You never even wash the soda out?

I don't do pics, and i don't need to, all the info is on the DMT-Nexus. And no, the washing soda isn't in the extract, the extract is precipitated out, filtered off, re-dissolved in fresh warm vinegar water, filtered, re-based, do that a few times till i have a pure extract, filter it off, dry it out and it's ready for use. I do wash the extract with water while it's in the filter, there's absolutely no washing soda in the extract, it's as pure as it can be and certainly isn't gross lol. I can encapsulate it, smoke it, or even just put the extract straight into my mouth, doesn't taste anywhere near as bad as Harmalas in their salt form.

--------------------

Offlineharmal
passenger
 User Gallery

#24653774 - 09/23/17 01:46 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

probably just your iso didn't evap clean, don't keep stored for long in plastic containers.

Quote:

Icon said:
Quote:

Sabnock said:
Quote:

Amanita86 said:
You extracted using ISO?

sodium carbonate is insoluble in alcohol and slightly soluble in Aq. alcohol so no need to worry about it getting into the extract

Edited by harmal (09/23/17 01:51 PM)

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: harmal]
    #24654017 - 09/23/17 03:40 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Because washing soda is soluble in water, the water content of 91% iso alcohol will pick up a bit of washing soda, which is why i use 99% iso. The iso evaporates clean, but can pick up some washing soda from the pulls if there's a bit of water content. The first enhanced leaf i made i used 91% and it definitely had washing soda contamination, so i switched to 99% iso alcohol which worked pretty well.

--------------------

Offlineharmal
passenger
 User Gallery

#24654170 - 09/23/17 05:03 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:
Because washing soda is soluble in water, the water content of 91% iso alcohol will pick up a bit of washing soda, which is why i use 99% iso. The iso evaporates clean, but can pick up some washing soda from the pulls if there's a bit of water content. The first enhanced leaf i made i used 91% and it definitely had washing soda contamination, so i switched to 99% iso alcohol which worked pretty well.

maybe it would be better also to let the paste evaporate and harden completely then you powder and pull with iso and filter, this way you minimize the water content even more... this is the approach they use when pulling with alcohol.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

#24654216 - 09/23/17 05:22 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

harmal said:
Quote:

Sabnock said:

maybe it would be better also to let the paste evaporate and harden completely then you powder and pull with iso and filter, this way you minimize the water content even more... this is the approach they use when pulling with alcohol.

That's actually what i did lol, great minds think alike :smile:

Yeah i'd boil up the Mimosa or Acacia like i was making a bulk tea, and reduce it down to the smallest amount of liquid possible without burning it, but instead of saving the tea to drink, i just let it cool to room temp and tossed in enough washing soda to dry up all the liquid, and then i'd let the washing soda and Mimosa/Acacia paste sit and dry completely, then powder/chop it up, put it into a jar, poured in some 99% iso, put the jar on a candle warmer with the lid off, stirred occasionally until the iso turned yellow, filtered off each pull and evaporated it so that i could weigh how much extract oil i have and then redissolved it in fresh iso and evaporated it onto an herb.

--------------------

Offlineharmal
passenger
 User Gallery

#24654276 - 09/23/17 05:58 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

sounds easy and good enough for making changa, you'll also be pulling the oxides and other actives which i bet gives an interesting experience. i'll try it next time since ethanol is much cheaper than naphtha where i am. also this method would be great in case of old bark since naphtha won't pull the oxides, then one can do a zinc reduction on a clean extract.

Edited by harmal (09/23/17 05:59 PM)

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

#24654279 - 09/23/17 06:00 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah i wonder if it pulls a more full spectrum extract, it's a reddish freebased oil.

--------------------

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#24654525 - 09/23/17 08:19 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Your reddish freebased full spectrum jungle oil is just an impure extraction dude. I've been there. It's gross looking and smelling and difficult to work with so you basically have to make changa out of it. But the goo is not pure freebase oils, it's holding water which is holding soda and other impurities. You described it as a paste originally which is the most it will ever dry out, then you tried covering yourself saying you dry it to a powder. I don't know what's holding you back from trying better methods but I wouldn't smoke that changa or give it to anyone. We've had this conversation before and you apparently have never bothered making pure freebase DMT crystals so I highly doubt you would go through the much greater effort of purifying harmala alkaloids. You likely just did a quick full spectrum paste extract again. I don't blame you for never taking pics.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: For all who have made changa with Alcohol. [Re: Icon]
    #24654578 - 09/23/17 08:53 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

You got it wrong man. I boil up 100 grams or so of root, i filter it and reduce it down, i coat the liquid with as much washing soda as needed to dry up the liquid and i let it sit out until everything fully dries. I then scrape it up and put it into a jar then i start pulling from it.

The end result is a reddish freebased oil free of washing soda, free of water/moisture content, that is then redissolved and evaporated onto an herb. Smokes wonderfully.

And do you realize who you're talking to? I'm Sabnock, i'm the one who has experimented with Aya/Pharma daily/near daily for 2 and a half to three years before i took my break, i'm the one who informed people on how to extract from Rue, as well as Caapi, on here to which there is a thread dedicated to the technique. I do purify my Rue and Harmala extracts, i don't need your approval and i don't need you to tell me what to do when i already know full well what to do and have done this many times.

As for extracting DMT, it's not worth it for me to extract it to smoke anymore, i much prefer oral DMT and even if i had pure DMT crystals i'd either make Changa with it or use it orally.

I don't know what you're trying to get at here but i find it funny that your ego is trying to attack me over nothing. I know what i'm doing, just worry about what you're doing lol.

--------------------

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

#24654580 - 09/23/17 08:54 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I learned everything i know from the DMT-Nexus, as well as from personal experience. I know full well what i'm doing hahaha.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale