Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ * 2
    #24648015 - 09/21/17 02:43 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Russian network RT told to register as foreign agent in US

This story is about a week old, but I just read about it.  The US is now going after journalism that reports negative things about establishment politicians (aka "propaganda").

I've found that RT is one of the most reliable sources of information available.  Although I've been criticized for saying that, I have yet to have anyone show me an article on rt.com that contains false information (Enlil found a YouTube video that apparently aired on RT a long time ago which said 9/11 was an inside job, but the only information on RT today about 9/11 is that it's all conspiracy nonsense).

What did RT do to deserve this?  Tell the truth about the DNC cheating?  Free speech is now being threatened in this country, by DEMOCRATS I should add.  :mad:  I'm done with establishment democrats.  Let's vote the bums out for Bernie/Tulsi type of politicians.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 6
    #24648142 - 09/21/17 05:20 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I hate to tell you, but a Democrat is no different than a Republican. Neither party gives a shit about you, it's all about them gaining as much money and power as possible.

Politicians are NOT public servants, they are self servants. The only way things will change in the U.S. is to get rid of both the Republican and Democratic parties. They have lost sight of thier duty to the American people. Corporate America has bought them out.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #24648614 - 09/21/17 12:44 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

RT is as much propaganda as CNN or MSNBC or FNC is, its just not the flavor the feds like so theyre cracking down.

That, and people are scared to death of state owned media. Because clearly the 6 corporation private cartel we have now that peddles CIA talking points and rehabilitates Iraq War hawks are doing wonders.

--------------------

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #24650071 - 09/21/17 09:33 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

What did RT do to deserve this?

Started off as Russian state run info wars and then tried to pretend to be a real news channel rather than what it really is, a Russian govt propaganda agency .
      How is making people who work at a Russian government  owned agency register as what they are threatening my 1st amendment rights?

Quote:

Over the past two years, Russia Today has reported with boosterish zeal on conspiracy theories popular in the resurgent “Patriot” movement, whose adherents typically advocate extreme antigovernment doctrines. Its slickly packaged stories suggest that a legitimate debate is under way in the United States about who perpetrated the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, for instance, and about President Obama’s eligibility for high office. It also frequently quotes U.S. extremists as authorities on world events or interviews them at length without asking anything more than softball questions. One British journalist called Russia Today “a strange propaganda outfit” after appearing on a show in which the host injected 9/11 revisionism.

http://www.utne.com/Media/Conspiracy-Channel-Russia-Today-Anti-American-Propaganda?pageid=1#PageContent1

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Psilynut2]
    #24650836 - 09/22/17 05:11 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah RT (Russian state tv)  was at the forefront of telling everyone that they weren't slaughtering Ukrainian citizens while there was live feed of it and I was watching them get slaughtered . It is incredibly strange that they have been reporting on U.S. matters a lot recently being that it's specifically a Russian propaganda news station

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Psilynut2]
    #24654954 - 09/24/17 02:46 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Quote:

Over the past two years, Russia Today has reported with boosterish zeal on conspiracy theories popular in the resurgent “Patriot” movement, whose adherents typically advocate extreme antigovernment doctrines. Its slickly packaged stories suggest that a legitimate debate is under way in the United States about who perpetrated the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, for instance, and about President Obama’s eligibility for high office. It also frequently quotes U.S. extremists as authorities on world events or interviews them at length without asking anything more than softball questions. One British journalist called Russia Today “a strange propaganda outfit” after appearing on a show in which the host injected 9/11 revisionism.

http://www.utne.com/Media/Conspiracy-Channel-Russia-Today-Anti-American-Propaganda?pageid=1#PageContent1

Why don't you post an article from RT.com showing an example of what your article claims?  :popcorn:

Unless you can, it's YOU who seems to believe anti-RT propaganda.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekeyser_soze
Truth Bomber
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24655190 - 09/24/17 08:29 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

ahhh it's all coming out in the open..

Fal wishes he was a russian communist. Explains everything now.

I have no doubts you are  violent antifa protestor.

How many people have you hit with bike locks, fal?

--------------------
People in my Fan Club: Masked (President), Ballsalsa (VP), The Ecstatic*don't waste your time "debating" with him, he uses 3rd grader tactics (Director of Bullshit), Koods (Fake News Anchorman), Falcon - Devout Communist

*Word your posts carefully if they contain right wing values. The moderators here like to keep it left leaning, they will use every excuse to ban you but not the others. You've been warned.

Edited by keyser_soze (09/24/17 09:30 AM)

Offlinekeyser_soze
Truth Bomber
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24655276 - 09/24/17 09:36 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

Quote:

Why don't you post an article from RT.com showing an example of what your article claims?  :popcorn:

i went there for 5 minutes.

i clicked U.S. news.

Reading through multiple articles, the Anti- U.S. bias was reeking as bad as fresh soviet bear shit.

i implore everyone to do the same. Notice how fal falls for subversive journalism.

--------------------
People in my Fan Club: Masked (President), Ballsalsa (VP), The Ecstatic*don't waste your time "debating" with him, he uses 3rd grader tactics (Director of Bullshit), Koods (Fake News Anchorman), Falcon - Devout Communist

*Word your posts carefully if they contain right wing values. The moderators here like to keep it left leaning, they will use every excuse to ban you but not the others. You've been warned.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: keyser_soze] * 1
    #24655601 - 09/24/17 12:23 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

keyser_soze said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

ahhh it's all coming out in the open..

So because you were unable to find an article supporting Psilynut2's claim, that makes me a communist???

Quote:

keyser_soze said:
I have no doubts you are  violent antifa protestor.

How many people have you hit with bike locks, fal?

No, I've spoken out against antifa.  Do you just resort to unsubstantiated name calling when you've lost an argument?

Quote:

keyser_soze said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

i went there for 5 minutes.

i clicked U.S. news.

Reading through multiple articles, the Anti- U.S. bias was reeking as bad as fresh soviet bear shit.

i implore everyone to do the same. Notice how fal falls for subversive journalism.

Did you find any conspiracy theories or fake news there?  Or are you said the truth sometimes makes America look bad?

If you found any example of fake news, please share.  :popcorn:

--------------------

Offlinekeyser_soze
Truth Bomber
    #24655679 - 09/24/17 12:49 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

the whole website is a conspiracy...for the russian government.

as a communist sympathizer, you're doing what i expected you to do.

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #24655812 - 09/24/17 01:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

RT is directly run by the russian government. It's amazing to me that you're so anti-US government, but when it comes to the russian government, you're willing to read the news (and occasional propaganda) that they themselves produce. Also I don't know why you'd blame democrats specifically for this considering that the republicans are currently in charge of the government...

RT is mostly a fine news source, but just like Xinhua is the mouth piece of the Chinese communist party, RT is the mouth piece of the Russian government. If you really love the Russian government so much, feel free to use Kaspersky antivirus I guess.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: keyser_soze]
    #24655957 - 09/24/17 02:25 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

keyser_soze said:
the whole website is a conspiracy...for the russian government.

So no article to share with fake news? I thought you might do better than that.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: nooneman]
    #24655980 - 09/24/17 02:30 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
RT is directly run by the russian government. It's amazing to me that you're so anti-US government, but when it comes to the russian government, you're willing to read the news (and occasional propaganda) that they themselves produce.

It appears the difference between you and I is that I want to know the truth, you want to know whatever makes the US look good, and I get that.

If you find a fake rt.com story, please share.  Otherwise, I'll consider RT the truth.

Quote:

nooneman said:
RT is mostly a fine news source, but just like Xinhua is the mouth piece of the Chinese communist party, RT is the mouth piece of the Russian government. If you really love the Russian government so much, feel free to use Kaspersky antivirus I guess.

I don't love them, I love knowing the truth.  Do you not get that?  All you seem to care about is whether the news is pro US or not.

Again, if you find a fake rt.com news story, please share.  It's interesting that no one's been able to do that yet.

--------------------

Offlinekeyser_soze
Truth Bomber
    #24656361 - 09/24/17 05:15 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

a communist vehemently defending RT, who would have guessed?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: keyser_soze] * 1
    #24656580 - 09/24/17 06:38 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So you can't find a fake news story from rt.com?

You're actually defending them a lot better than I am!  :cookiemonster:

--------------------

Offlinekeyser_soze
Truth Bomber
    #24656603 - 09/24/17 06:48 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

keep living in your dream, comrade.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24656628 - 09/24/17 06:55 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Still no examples of fake news?  You're doing more to help rt.com right now than I've ever done.

Edit:  In fact, the longer it takes for anyone to post fake news from rt.com, the more I think they're a good news source.  My opinion has already gone from decent to good and rising.  :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (09/24/17 08:05 PM)

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger
    #24659984 - 09/25/17 10:38 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Did you know bin laden is still alive ?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: keyser_soze]
    #24660488 - 09/26/17 03:01 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

keyser_soze said:

a communist vehemently defending RT, who would have guessed?

keep living in your dream, comrade.

Did you know Russia turned from communist to capitalist over 25 years ago???

:tard:

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Justice Department Orders RT To Register As A ‘Foreign Agent’ [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25317771 - 07/10/18 02:55 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Russian network RT told to register as foreign agent in US

What did RT do to deserve this?  Tell the truth about the DNC cheating?  Free speech is now being threatened in this country, by DEMOCRATS I should add.  :mad:  I'm done with establishment democrats.  Let's vote the bums out for Bernie/Tulsi type of politicians.

...people are scared to death of state owned media. Because clearly the 6 corporation private cartel we have now that peddles CIA talking points and rehabilitates Iraq War hawks are doing wonders.

Of course, Russia retaliated and did the same to American propaganda stations, like Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and Voice of America.

The funny part of the story is that last Friday, a Russian court fined the U.S. government sponsored Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty for violating Russia’s “foreign agent” law, and the US is now whining about it.

U.S. accuses Russia of stifling press freedom after court fines radio

Can we have a more stupid Government?  Or is our Government smart and its people are stupid?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Political Discussion