Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Ayahuasca, DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHappinessfeeling
GOD
 User Gallery

Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them
    #24644958 - 09/19/17 10:17 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I've noticed this, on and off, throughout the entire duration of my relationship to this plant.

I wonder if I'm the only one, or are there others, who feel that smoking weed has agitated problems rather than healing them or helping one to deal with them?

I quit smoking for good because I think that in the long run I will be much better off without it, however I still have like five grams left of very good herb (I am a medical marijuana patient) and don't really know what I should do with it.

I think it makes my (supposed) schizophrenia worse, and also increases my anxiety.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and if others would like to share their experiences that would be great.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: Happinessfeeling]
    #24645203 - 09/19/17 11:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Psychedelics, specifically the earth-bound psychedelics I've noticed like cannabis and ayahuasca tend to make people anywhere from subliminally to explicitly visceral in their approach to life. Although that can be helpful for those with sterile and "overly-logistic" points of view it can also backfire by aggravating emotional feelings/problems and make someone operate using less than appropriate logistic thinking. Cannabis (THC) also seems to posses somewhat psychotic-like mental effects that standard hallucinogens don't present.

My point is it's all about finding the balance. You can't just say "this is medicine and since it's medicine no matter how I use it will make its effect medicinal" because that is definitely not the case. It's only medicinal and "healing" when taken properly just like any other medicine and cannabis in particular can be a VERY tough substance to work with medicinally. Generally it can be used as your all-around "human" psychedelic that will enhance everything humans enjoy as well as deal with human beings in general. Typically when you take cannabis to the point of psychedelic/entheogenic effects it's typically just about you and your day and other people you know and what happened to you/them this week or last week or what's going to happen or that thing you heard about going on at blah blah blah and how you feel about this or that and blah blah... It's not like when you take mushrooms where it suddenly is no longer about "you" it's instead about races, worlds, civilizations, technologies, galactic destiny, the fate of the species, the beginnings, the end, time, mystery, etc.

Cannabis psychedelically and "psychonautically" is just going to deal with your general human existence and what's going on around you, it's very relevant to the current state of your world and life. Medicinally though that's much trickier and takes a much more systemic approach like working out an exact dosage, figuring out tolerance, prepping, giving it context, reading and all this other stuff. I mean you don't "need" to read stuff about healing and psychology but this mostly depends on who you are. IMO inhaled cannabinoids are mostly just "physically healing" not mentally or emotionally. When it's smoked or vaporized (especially with a low tolerance) you get more of a "flash" experience that seems to be centered around humanity, philosophy and your own self. You're up and then back down and it's harder to integrate and harder to remember. When EATEN though cannabis is no longer this "flash" experience but is instead like this local counselor that picks apart and analyzes your personality almost as a separate entity or intelligence and it is a slow come-up and very slow comedown and you retain more of the experience and can better integrate and heal from it. eating cannabinoids IME are much more healing than smoking it. Smoking it can give you a sort of non-biased unconditional sense of contentment and relaxation, a break from stress and all that but when eaten (in decent amounts) it's much more likely to work on you the way it needs to work on you.

So I suggest eating a large amount of cannabinoids once every month or two maybe if you're still even considering using this plant for healing. Smoking is better for stress, hyper-contemplation and just a general enhancement of life and a suppression of physical ailments. Edible cannabis is more "soul-revealing". 

Quote:

Happinessfeeling said:
I still have like five grams left of very good herb (I am a medical marijuana patient) and don't really know what I should do with it.

Microdose. If it's making your anxiety worse that's definitely a sign you're using too much. In fact maybe don't even use it just hold onto it and use it when you feel ready or it's appropriate. Cannabis I think should be treated like any other household medicine. We should store it just like aspirin or cough syrup, it's a medicine just use it when you need it. It's more versatile than most medicines anyway so imo it's just good to have around even if you're not particularly keen on using it. Cheers

OfflineHappinessfeeling
GOD
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24646038 - 09/20/17 10:25 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for your knowledge and advice.
IMO the few times that I've drank marijuana in the form of a tea I have gotten more healing out of it then from the many times I've smoked it.
I think now, especially after reading your post, I will keep what I have and make a strong drink with it and drink only a little bit.
Your post kind of reaffirmed my intuitive feelings that if I drink cannabis every now and again and refrain from smoking it, then I will get much more healing and insight from the experiences.
But I don't drink milk or eat butter.
Do you know of a good way to make vegan cannabis milk?
I would use coconut milk except for the fact that it contains so much saturated fat that I would not want to consume much of it.
Maybe use soy milk as a base, and then add like one fluid ounce of coconut milk to it in order to extract all the medicinal properties from the herb?
Thanks again.

InvisibleThayendanegeaS
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: Happinessfeeling] * 1
    #24646083 - 09/20/17 10:44 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Dam...that sure was a long and thought out post AB88...too bad most of it is pseudo conjecture.

OP....cannabis is not for everyone. It sounds like you've given it several tries over the years and found that it's not helping you but hindering you. This was my dilemma 30 years before mj was ever considered medicine.I saw where friends were chilled out and relaxed and laughing after smoking and I was the complete opposite.

Cannabis does not affect everyone the same...and there are a lot more people like you and me than is ever eluded to.The way you ingest it isn't gonna make a difference other than a large edible dose is gonna hit you like a brick wall.

Trust your instincts OP, give it a rest for 6 months or so and see how you feel.I did that after smoking for 8-10 yrs. and haven't gone back to it for 35 yrs.

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24646235 - 09/20/17 11:54 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I like Cannabis mostly if I am already high on a modest amount of something else, since it pushes the visuals:
i.e. it decorates the dark ceilings and walls with little neon activities in case that has not already set in.

but Cannabis slows down my system, makes me more sluggish to get out of bed, and less inclined to do activities in the day, while something like 1/4 tab of lysergamide will make me more interested in getting up - doing things - cleaning, etc.

Cannabis can work without tolerance effects it seems, so that makes it attractive for instant gratification.

Sluggishness, lack of interest in activities, and an orientation to instant gratification are all likely to aggravate mental/emotional problems rather than help the situation.

--------------------

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24646303 - 09/20/17 12:21 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Happinessfeeling said:
Do you know of a good way to make vegan cannabis milk?
I would use coconut milk except for the fact that it contains so much saturated fat that I would not want to consume much of it..

I'm actually not sure. You could probably find the info to that online though :shrug:

Quote:

Thayendanegea said:
..too bad most of it is pseudo conjecture.

Yeah that's the problem with phenomenology. We don't have the full maps.

edit: He just mentioned healing in emotional and mental problems so I figured I had to go the shamanic/holistic point of view at least if we want to speculate with some degree of a more likely chance that it could actually work that way.

Edited by AuroraBorealis88 (09/20/17 01:43 PM)

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24646475 - 09/20/17 01:46 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I like Cannabis mostly if I am already high on a modest amount of something else, since it pushes the visuals:
i.e. it decorates the dark ceilings and walls with little neon activities in case that has not already set in.

holy!
I thought I would never smoke weed on something else again, that sounds great

--------------------
maybe just meaning as much to it as possible
and anti-meaning as little to it as possible

OfflinePrimalSoup
we hear the total mass retain
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: Happinessfeeling]
    #24646501 - 09/20/17 01:54 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Happinessfeeling said:
I think it makes my (supposed) schizophrenia worse, and also increases my anxiety.

Absolutely, that and paranoia, even though I was growing it and completely controlling the environment. 

Quit a long time back, but the mushrooms made me do it.  (never have looked back BTW - hard but it worked).

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineHappinessfeeling
GOD
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana aggravating mental/emotional problems rather than healing them [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24648525 - 09/21/17 11:50 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I have sort of an update.
After drinking about 5 or 6 beers late last night, I decided to smoke a bowl of medical grade herb with a few friends, and I had a wonderful experience.
I don't know if it's because I'm smoking alone, or if it's because I'm at my parents' home, or if its because I'm smoking at daytime, or if it's because I'm sober prior to smoking, or a combination of all or some of these things, but when taking all factors into consideration, it's obvious that a lot of small details contribute to whether or not I have a positive smoking experience, or a negative one.
I think I'm going to stick to smoking just once a month, and also the right strain of course also plays a huge part in the type of experience I receive.
Thanks for reading and thanks for the input everyone.

OfflineDougB
Stranger
    #24654582 - 09/23/17 10:54 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I really appreciate reading the responses- especially those who said that the plant does not work for them...I gave it up about 18 years ago and found myself smoking it again about 2 years ago to help with a serious Lyme's disease flare-up and it helped tremendously...However, after about 18 months or so of smoking it daily, I found myself paranoid, uneasy, anxious, listless, and feeling depressed- just like I had felt when I gave it up all those years ago.
I think that the plant helped me get through the flare-up but then when it was done helping me it affected me in a 'negative' way, which showed me that my time with it was up, again, for the time being.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Ayahuasca, DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience