Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mylar Film

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Phoenix Lights - Amazing Daytime Photo!
    #2464388 - 03/23/04 06:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Here you can see for yourself the clarity and detail that allows one to easily discern that these are intergallactic space probes.

See those two blurry white dots? One in the center and the other to the lower left of center? This was the best daytime photo from a Phoenix Lights web site.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Phoenix Lights - Amazing Daytime Photo! [Re: Swami]
    #2464407 - 03/23/04 06:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

maybe they aren't ufo's. Maybe they are ground based modules that aren't meant for flying, but float in the earth's atmosphere.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2464413 - 03/23/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

even with all those that say things that are and aren't, who is to say??

what if you saw 100 incidents and all the websites in the world are wrong? is that "proof"

since we can go from a statistical standpoint here, statistics will show mroe that there is alien life out there.

I think you are trying to imply that these people claim this and that, and this "could" be dangerous. i agree, but to simply refute everyone elses claim on a couple of sites and 100 incidents you';ve seen is a little pretentious and dangerous don't you think?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Phoenix Lights - Amazing Daytime Photo! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2464434 - 03/23/04 06:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

what if you saw 100 incidents and all the websites in the world are wrong? is that "proof"

Things that I never say are "what if" and "maybe."

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Phoenix Lights - Amazing Daytime Photo! [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2464440 - 03/23/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

"Maybe" :cool: they are children's mylar balloons released during a birthday party.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (03/23/04 06:29 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2464445 - 03/23/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I say they gotta' get better film and take it to a reputable lab for development.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2464451 - 03/23/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i agree, but to simply refute everyone elses claim...

I have never once refuted that someone did indeed see something. What I have always questioned is the how anyone can come to a conclusion with very little detail; sometimes just a few pixels worth of data on a video camera.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: Phoenix Lights - Amazing Daytime Photo! [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2464463 - 03/23/04 06:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

"Things that I never say are "what if" and "maybe." "

things I TRY not to say is words like NEVER. too general..don't you agree?

why not say those words? using those words hsows that you are comign from a place that "I don't know everything" that things aren't black and white all the time.. we have these words becuase they are useful, and saying never to use them is limited point of view IMHO.

I'm sure you've said those words before too

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2464492 - 03/23/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

you said in this thread thread

" What I have always questioned is the how anyone can come to a conclusion with very little detail; sometimes just a few pixels worth of data on a video camera."

then you say in the other thread

" It is a fact. Would there have been 50,000 people swearing that the Phoenix Lights were an alien mothership when in fact they were proven to be military flares? This would have been obvious during the daytime. At night, some fanciful people filled in the blanks with their imagination."

where's the proof that it was military objects? was there a statement released, and even then is a statement good enough? even then aren't you doing the same thing (ie filling in the blanks)??

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2464514 - 03/23/04 06:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Seeing the lights slowly drift slowly downwards at about 20 mph and disappearing when going behind the mountain range is pretty convincing. This same scenario was repeated with the best and longest videos.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2464538 - 03/23/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

...pretty convincing"

isn't that what the people who saw the UFO's said??

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2464561 - 03/23/04 06:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This test can be repeated, examined and verified in slow motion by ANYONE interested.

This is hardly the same as someone convincing themselves that a nighttime light was an alien visitor.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2464615 - 03/23/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm..see what my mind says right now is that unless you were there you can't say.  better yet, unless you were the one operating the thing, you really can't say.

I see what you are saying though, and it is VERY important to see how easily the mind can fill in detials based on nothing.  but really I don't say this is this or that unless it has to relate to something I have experienced, and even that is limited.

do you see what I'm saying htough?  how we are both making assumptions.

you say you could test it, and sure you could.  but there's many possibilites.  your invisible unicorn example :lol: which was super sweet has made me think more  (which is a good thing).

I'd have to say for my first conversation with you on this bbs, you arne't as brough as my assumptions have led me to believe.. :wink:

just make sure you are more specific next time on what your intent is.  you said your point best with

" have never once refuted that someone did indeed see something. What I have always questioned is the how anyone can come to a conclusion with very little detail; sometimes just a few pixels worth of data on a video camera."

though you used the word NEVER!!!!! *BS bells are a ringing*

that show'd me what you really meant.  rahter than starting with a thread syaing "you are smartenough to figure this out."  see what I mean??  if your intent is shown, I can get a better understanding of what you are really trying to say.  that's the only "rough part" that I see so far :smile:

--------------------

OfflineNova

#2465307 - 03/23/04 10:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry but what you really have is a nice pic of this...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mylar Film

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology