Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKinqdra
Shroobie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Croatia Flag
My first hunt!
    #24643105 - 09/19/17 08:13 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So I went on my first mushroom hunt yesterday!
Initially I only planned to go hiking but thought I might as well work on a little project while I'm there.

I took samples of 9 mushrooms, but got the full info on 8 of them so those are the ones I'll be posting.

I'm also aware that I should at least attempt to "guess-identify" them, but I'm an absolute beginner. I will definitely do so when posting the info from my next hunt, which will be later this week.

Also, just so I don't have to be repetitive about the location, these were all found on in a forest area at about 500-1000m height, in Croatia, Central/ Southern Europe. The only exception is #1, in which the habitat is described.

Let's get started:

Habitat:
Urban park, oak trees and chestnuts nearby, there were definitely dog feces nearby too, some were growing directly out of it

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
varying length (~4-8 cm), diameter (~3-4 mm) , white, smooth, hollow

Cap:
Diameter of larger samples i around 4 cm, brown to pale, ribbed, bell shaped convex

Spore print color:
Black

Bruising:
Blackish

Photos:

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
varying length (~3-6.5 cm), diameter (~ 2-5 mm) , brown to lighter brown, smooth, hollow

Cap:
Diameter of larger samples i around 2.5 cm,light brown to light orange to pale, convex

Spore print color:
White

Bruising:
Not visible

Photos:

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
varying length (~3.5-6.5 cm), diameter (~ 2.5-4.5 mm) , white-purplish, smooth, hollow, very britle

Cap:
Diameter of larger samples i around 3-4 cm, white to purple to grey-brown to purple-brown, convex

Spore print color:
White

Bruising:
Not visible

Photos:

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
varying length (~2.5-5.5 cm), diameter (~ 1.5-3.5 mm) , orange-brownish, smooth, hollow

Cap:
Diameter of larger samples i around 4.5-5 cm, light orange-brownish, convex to flat with visible "waviness" on larger samples

Spore print color:
White

Bruising:
Not visible

Photos:

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
varying length (~5.5-8 cm), diameter (~0.7-1 cm) , yellowish-white, rough, hollow

Cap:
Diameter of larger samples i around 4.5 cm, yellowish-light brown, convex

Spore print color:
brown, slightly "rusty"

Bruising:
Not visible

Photos:

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
varying length (~2-5.5 cm), diameter (~2-6 mm) , whitish to brown on bottom, slightly rough, hollow

Cap:
Diameter of larger samples i around 5.5 cm, brown to white on outer edges, convex

Spore print color:
Light brownish

Bruising:
Not visible

Photos:

Habitat:
As i forgot to take a photo prior to when I picked them I didn't take one whatsoever, but I think it might be important to mention that they grew from a cut tree trunk (one of the branches or roots), in the same area as all the other ones I posted here. They were only 2 of a kind unfortunately.

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
Length 9 cm, diameter (~4.5 mm) , whitish orange-brown, slightly rough, hollow

Cap:
2.2 cm, brown dot in middle, orange-brown to white on outer edges, conical to bell shaped

Spore print color:
As they were only 2 rather small samples, the spore print did not come out well, but it seems to be of a light brown to purple color

Bruising:
Not visible

Photos:

Gills:
See in photo

Stem:
Length 10-15 cm, diameter (~5 mm) , white, smooth, hollow

Cap:
4-5.5 cm, brown, conical to bell shaped

Spore print color:
Black

Bruising:
Not visible

Photos:

So there :smile:
If anyone has even the slightest clue of what some of these might be, please share your knowledge.
Also, if there's anything that I can do better when posting for mushroom ID, please tell, I'm would love to get better.

That's all, thanks! :heart:

Edited by Kinqdra (09/19/17 09:53 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekarode13M
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Trusted Identifier
Re: My first hunt! [Re: Kinqdra]
    #24643275 - 09/19/17 10:09 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

1. Coprinellus micaceus group

2. Gymnopus sp.

3. Maybe a Mycena sp.

4. Gymnopus sp.

5. Pholiota sp.

6. Cortinarius sp. I think.

7. Maybe a Hypholoma sp.

8. Psathyrella sp.

I don't know much about Croatian mushrooms and it was a pretty good id request. Thanks for including all the details.

--------------------

OfflineKinqdra
Shroobie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Croatia Flag
Re: My first hunt! [Re: karode13]
    #24643409 - 09/19/17 11:25 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks a bunch for the reply! Did some research on those and none seem to be worth eating, but it's good to know which ones to avoid.

This info helps me out a lot in preparation for my next hunt, during which I'll also look out for common, non-psychoactive edibles. Thanks again :grin:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification