Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHungryH
Stranger
Male
Loc: Canada, Ontario Flag
New guy: Are these Gymnopilus?
    #24642309 - 09/18/17 10:43 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

This is my first post here, just seeking out some advice from more seasoned hunters.
I found these two stumps, about a kilometer apart. Both had mushrooms.
I don't know if both stumps had the same species, but they looked (from my knowledge) like some species of Gymnopilus.
The younger caps on the second stump had partial veils underneath, still tearing. I tried to do a spore print, but the one I tried was a bit dry, so I didn't get much. I plan to try again tomorrow. I got a little bit of orange-ish residue from the cap from the bushel I picked off the second stump, but not a proper print, nor enough to really examine. They smell kind of sweet, I suppose. The caps are coarse and fibrous on top, and the stipes (stems) are fairly strong, with fibrous bits, and a yellow/white colour.

I don't think they look like Galerinas, but then, since I'm not anywhere close to an expert yet, I didn't want to assume there weren't other deadly look-alikes. But since Gymnopilus aren't the only mushrooms to get orange spore prints (assuming that's what I get when and if the new attempt at a print works), I figured I'd better ask around too. Not that I'm in a rush to do anything without a confident confirmation either way.

First two pics are second stump mushrooms, and third and fourth are of the mushrooms on the first stump.
http://

http://

Any help is appreciated. Good news, OR bad.

--------------------
New to the scene. Been lurking a few years though, on and off. Apologies in advance for any missteps/ ignorance of common knowledge.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: New guy: Are these Gymnopilus? [Re: HungryH]
    #24642354 - 09/18/17 10:55 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Armillaria

InvisibleHungryH
Stranger
Male
Loc: Canada, Ontario Flag
Re: New guy: Are these Gymnopilus? [Re: doctorghosty]
    #24642432 - 09/18/17 11:20 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Dang.
I appreciate the reply!
Hm... it does look like A. Gallica, now that I have the genus.

--------------------
New to the scene. Been lurking a few years though, on and off. Apologies in advance for any missteps/ ignorance of common knowledge.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification