Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Big change in my life coming up
    #2463774 - 03/23/04 12:54 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Ok, here is the deal.  I just got kicked out of my dorms for being at a room where people were drinking.  So now I got to find an apartment in my area and a job to pay for it. 

It really sucked to get kicked out and all.  I was pissed for a while, but when I thought about it for a while it all came together.  I thought this was the chance I've always been waiting for, now I can grow pot and shrooms and get my silence to study, I can smoke where I want, what I want and when I want, I can drink whenever I want and get to have party's every weekend.  I talked about this with a friend of mine and when we talked about it we both agreed that living outside the dorms in an apartment for our selves would be great.  So he's going to join me.  I have to be out of here by monday, I got very little time to get this stuff together, so I'm heavily on the search.  I might be working at a hotel that pays good.  This is going to be awesome. 

The only problem is: no furniture.  Together me and my friend can bring over to the apartment what we have in our dorm rooms which is nothing more than cd's clothes, stereo (big one at that), a 15 inch tv, ps1 and ps2 and well thats about it.  It will cost a bit to get furniture in and stuff but it'll work out.  Its going to be awesome.

Just felt like sharing this with you guys.  I cant wait... I'm gonna get money from the government because I live by myself and study (norway... go figure), work and deal with "differant stuff", he he!
I have it all figured out and I have the right contacts for everything to work out financially, I just allways needed the privacy to get started, and especially to start growing alot of pot and mushrooms.... which has been my dream for so long.  Its not the same to have one plant in your closet and a jar of shrooms under your bed... :tongue:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Big change in my life coming up [Re: filthysock]
    #2463801 - 03/23/04 01:06 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

sounds good and good luck with it :laugh:
ask your family if they have any furniture they don't use anymore. If you're l8ucky they have tons of stuff they don't use and maybe they'll give it to you  :cool:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2463802 - 03/23/04 01:06 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Hey, I'm happy for you!  Don't worry about furniture...My husband and I had a really expensive couch and loveseat, but they made our apartment so cramped that we sold them. 

Now we have foldable lawn furniture in our living room.  :smile:  Its a pretty roomy and cozy place too. 

I hope it all works out! 

*me*

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Big change in my life coming up [Re: MOTH]
    #2463844 - 03/23/04 01:23 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

I'll have a bit less shroomery time, but I'll still be around. This is defenately going to be my hang out in breaks between classes and an hour after school. When my growth comes to it you'll be the first to see the pictures. I promise you that!

--------------------

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2464075 - 03/23/04 02:40 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Sounds good man. I've been there, I was nervous at first... but once we signed the papers and gave the down payment, we were in, and it was home  :grin: Dont worry about the furniture. As someone said before in the thread, lawn furniture rocks  :sun: Especially if you're going to be having parties every weekend... Just get lots of folding lawn chairs  :thumbup: And yeah, ask family, look in thrift stores, yard sales, and just keep your eyes open, you'll have some cheap furniture in no time. Look in the paper for moving sales, sheets for curtains, ahhhh the average first apartment  :lol:

Good luck man  :stoned:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #2464109 - 03/23/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

saturday i found this super cheap thrift store where they have way tons of furniture for cheap. i bought a NICE comfortable chair for $3... so nice i deemed it my 'trip' chair without yet breaking it in...

and they had all kinds of desk's and whatnot... the nice one i wanted (very big, nice) was $5... but it wouldnt fit in the toyota tercell. (stupid small cars) so when i get my jeep going, i'm goin back and stocking up.

so just keep looking, i know thrift stores around here usualy charge like $30-80 for the same quality desk's/couches/whatnot.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Offlineboondie
Stranger
Re: Big change in my life coming up [Re: Phychotron]
    #2464165 - 03/23/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

That store is awesomely cheap.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2464174 - 03/23/04 03:11 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Sounds great my friend!

best of luck! :cool:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Big change in my life coming up [Re: iloveraving]
    #2464241 - 03/23/04 03:30 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks for the advice bro :smile:

I'm hoping to get the interior to be as trippy comfortable and cheap as possible.  I've seen this one guy have all madresses(sp?) for couches, he piled a few up and put a nice looking sheet/tapestry over it, lots of pillows and stuff, looked real chill and real cheap.  I like sitting low, like low couch, low table, with a hookah on top... get the pic?  Like arabic style :grin:, real comfortable :wink:

The folding lawn furniture stuff, lol, sounds like a nice start.  We have good thrift stores here in Bergen so...
It will all add up to a scary price I guess, but ah well, gotta start somewhere...

Edited by filthysock (03/23/04 03:38 PM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2464287 - 03/23/04 03:44 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

your dorm kicks you out for being in a room with drinking?!?

That's nuts man

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisibleshriek

#2464297 - 03/23/04 03:48 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

good for you :smile: 

be sure to grow that reefer safe and dont tell a lvin soul around you about it, and pm me if you need any help. :smile:

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
    #2464303 - 03/23/04 03:50 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
Thanks for the advice bro :smile:

I'm hoping to get the interior to be as trippy comfortable and cheap as possible.  I've seen this one guy have all madresses(sp?) for couches, he piled a few up and put a nice looking sheet/tapestry over it, lots of pillows and stuff, looked real chill and real cheap.  I like sitting low, like low couch, low table, with a hookah on top... get the pic?  Like arabic style :grin:, real comfortable :wink:

Well my couch is nasty brown, but you'd never know. I had my grandma make me a slipcover with some fabric I picked out. Its dark blue with suns and moons, just like the area rug, and some other stuff. Thats the theme in that room. So yeah, if you know anyone who sows, they got the hookup for pillows, slipcovers, curtains, or whatever, made out of any cool fabric you can find. So if you know anyone who can sow, ask them if they can help ya  :grin:

I know the hookah chill vibe you're going for, I always wanted a room in that style when I get a house.  :wink: You need yourself some oriental area rugs to start your flow. or your chi  :smirk:
Dont worry, good times ahead  :yesnod:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Big change in my life coming up [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2464307 - 03/23/04 03:51 PM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, its a three strikes you're out type of thing here... second and third time I got caught for sitting there with my friends while they were having a few.  Lol, its so nuts it cracks me up, but they find this the best way to controll the use of alcohol at campus, 'cause if they (the guards) step into a room where people are drinking most people will usually say they werent drinking and that way they can take turns on getting punishment... so they use the iron fist, lol.
Oh well... brighter days are a shinin' :sun: :beer:

BTW, does anybody have a similair experience (either being kicked out or living by themselves for the first time or both situations) they'd like to share.  It would help to hear from someone who's been there done that.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2468324 - 03/24/04 04:52 PM (20 years, 27 days ago)

I was supposed to go on a camping trip with my school today but I skipped because I decided to go hunting for a job or a place to live.  And guess what?  I found a job, and I'm really pleased with myself for that, because I spent the whole day looking everywhere for work, I found a lumbermill that would hire me and I worked really hard and since I have flexible hours I worked alot a long time.  My boss was impressed and everything.  I'm a bit worn out now but it feels to be worn out for something good like this.  I'll earn good money here and the physical labour is a good enough replacement for at least some of my working out.  I found two apartments, one is going through renovation and will be ready in about a month.  I found another apartment which is cheap as fuck and small as fuck but it will do untill that bigger apartment is ready (and its alot bigger at that to), its like 70 square meters, not bad for a first apartment if I do say so myself.  The reason a big apartment is important is to have good amount of space for my green friends to be growing... oh and ofcourse my roomie who I'll be moving with.  The landlord (is that what its called?) will live in the apartment over mine, I just hope he wont stumble upon my green friends one day :shiftyeyes:

Do you think there is any danger for this to happen?  Is this a possibility?  I mean is it like normal for landlords to go mozying around in apartments to see hoe they are?

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2468583 - 03/24/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 27 days ago)

Hey, congratulations on the job!  :smile:  Very awesome...

As for worrying about your green friends...just be VERY descreet about where you 'house' them inside your apartment.  I've never had a landlord come around to my apartment to snoop, but maintenance does that sometimes whenever they have to fix something. 

Maybe you'll have the type of landlord that just minds his own damn business and looks the other way.  The best type, in my opinion.  :smile:

Invisibleshriek

#2468677 - 03/24/04 06:56 PM (20 years, 27 days ago)

if you rent an apartment the landlord needs permission from you to go into your place according to the laws

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck