Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesoad05
Stranger
how much rain/how long to grow?
    #2462931 - 03/23/04 03:58 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

I live in hawaii. I go picking at in a gigantic pasture on the windward side of the island. We may get lucky somtimes and find 5-6 doses, but alot of the time it is just junk picking like 16 small mushrooms  after an hour of picking b/t 2 people. I'm thinking that it may just be my lack of knowledge although i have gone picking w/experienced peeps. ANy way, if we get significant rain fall, for a few days, then how long do the mushrooms typically take to grow (copelandia cyanesnse) to a good size, are thier various stages of growth b/f the mushroom spurts, what's optimal rainfall and how does elevation makes a difference?  T :confused:hanks for all of your guys' help.

--------------------
"I didn't go to college, and I'm kickass"
~Jack Black

Edited by soad05 (03/23/04 04:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: how much rain/how long to grow? [Re: soad05]
    #2463189 - 03/23/04 08:11 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

First off u you never said what island you were on.

2nd if you only do found a small amount that n the flush is over. It is now getting very hot in Hawaii. The rainy season is two times a year, the October to February rains are over now so you have to wait till summer fall rains, or maybe a quick late spring rain but if they are gone and o you only found a few then the run is over. There is a good 21 day shroom run photos int he wild at my website of one of the two times only that I found Copelandia troipicalis at Kualoa Ranch, well know for its large summer raggae rock festivcals.

And they grow in abundance when they appear.

April, May, June and July are hot months in Hawaii and shrooms are scarce, but sometimes available.

When the run is over the shrooms are smaller and fewer. The pictures at my site were taken every three days for 21 days of the same cow-dung heap so you can see the progression of their growth and development. IT is in my cultivation section of my site.

mj

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how much rain/how long to grow? [Re: soad05]
    #2463299 - 03/23/04 09:34 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

When I was living in Hawaii, my buddies and I would go pick mushrooms in the cow pastures after the rains. Unfortuently, we would be picking the wrong ones. They were usually just an inactive species of Panaeolus which looked extremely simialr to the Copelandia (also known as Panaeolus) cyanescens.

Make sure you know what you are picking. There are several species that will grow side by side with the active Copelandia cyanescens.

C. cyanescens will usually be small as well... They do not get much bigger than 4-5 inches. They are creamy-gray, with some yellowish tinge in the middle of the cap. They have a BLACK sporeprint and will bruise BLUE upon handling. They have a certain smell and feel to them as well.

Here are some pictures that a fellow Shroomerite posted a few months back. I think they show what C. cyanescens look like quite well:

*EDIT* - In the second picture, the mushroom visible in the container is actually Psilocybe cubensis, another active mushroom, however it does NOT grow in Hawaii.

Oh and MJ, give him the URL to your site.... :smile:

Edited by angryshroom (03/23/04 09:36 AM)

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: how much rain/how long to grow? [Re: angryshroom]
    #2464115 - 03/23/04 02:51 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

those are some good sized copes!

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: how much rain/how long to grow? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2465091 - 03/23/04 07:43 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

mjs site is in his sig.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how much rain/how long to grow? [Re: jtseaweed]
    #2465144 - 03/23/04 08:00 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Oh... okay.

I turned my signature viewer "off". :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder