Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleComebackKid
Multispore Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked in the trunk of a car
Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober?
    #24633815 - 09/15/17 11:48 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Or on other drugs like weed or MDMA?

I hear some people can reach a psychedelic state by meditating although I have never personally tried.

One moment I had I was arguing with my girlfriend and we were both screaming at each other so loud that we were not listening to each other. Then we both stopped at the same time. It was like the universe forced a psychedelic state of mind on us so we could finally have some clarity on whatever we were arguing about. We both started crying and hugging each other and realizing how stupid we were to get so caught up in life's stupid problems and start turning on each other.

Another time was at an after hours club on MDMA and Ketamine. I was just so in the present moment I could feel the power of the universe running through me and felt one with everything. I was dancing obviously but I wasnt thinking about anything just embracing the present moment and feeling thankful to be alive. The more I lost myself in the moment the more my vision began to fade into fractals.

There have been many more random occurrences of this happening and I find it happens more frequently now, than when I first started taking psychs.
I haven't actually tripped on psychs in over 6 months
I want to know if anyone else gets this as well

--------------------
:amanita2: Substrate surface conditions / Monotub prep and care :sporedrop:

Look around you... Everything you see exists inside the mind.
Consciousness, the awareness that is experiencing this mind,
is peering in from outside the universe.

Our individual experiences are all part of the universe's experience of itself

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: ComebackKid] * 1
    #24633971 - 09/16/17 12:50 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I've had a few psychedelic/mind-opening experiences while meditating but very mild.

Also weed is psychedelic for me every time I use it no matter the amount especially when eaten.

InvisibleComebackKid
Multispore Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked in the trunk of a car
Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24633996 - 09/16/17 01:02 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I rarely smoke weed but I smoked a little hash with some friends on a camping trip the other week and we were all looking up watching the clouds pass over the moon for hours. It was a great experience.

We would see different things in the clouds and point them out to each other. It was like my mind was moulding the clouds into the shapes I wanted to see them in. Some of my friends were finding extremely detailed pictures in the clouds that would completely blow me away when I was finally able to make them out

--------------------
:amanita2: Substrate surface conditions / Monotub prep and care :sporedrop:

Look around you... Everything you see exists inside the mind.
Consciousness, the awareness that is experiencing this mind,
is peering in from outside the universe.

Our individual experiences are all part of the universe's experience of itself

Offlinejezpee
Stranger
Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: ComebackKid]
    #24634030 - 09/16/17 01:22 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

MDMA for me works like a psychedelic, not nearly as intense, but i would never call it "party-drug". Everytime i take mdma i see visuals and my thought pattern shifts drastically. Ill try to explain how. Its very close to around 100ug LSD, that new ideas pop constantly in my mind and i forget them in 20 seconds. But i very rarely get any insightful ideas, but they have happened. For example realising i havent been a really good friend to this person etc. nothing big or profound. But the euphoria leads the way.
Also having flashbacks for Bad-Trips, does this count for psychedelic experience? or more like some ptsd thing.
Meditation can be used for higher level of consciousness after all drugs dont do anything your brain cant do naturally. Thats what makes DMT so mysterious to me.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: jezpee]
    #24634388 - 09/16/17 07:50 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I think that meditation can produce sobering benefits if you do it a lot, but the benefit is not what is imagined - the story about a zen master taking huge doses of lsd and not getting stoned have been debunked - the man was palming the tabs and not high at all.

That said, I have seen very psychedelic stoned people sober up a great deal if the situation demands it - such as in managing a confrontation with diplomacy.

Driving a car, no, you can not get stoned and try to soberly drive a car, and if you do, do not publish the results.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
we hear the total mass retain
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: ComebackKid] * 1
    #24634459 - 09/16/17 09:10 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Psychedelic states are perfectly natural so yes you can have them sober, but it's more common to have them with the aid of drugs.  You can also have brain defects or damage or that produce close facsimiles, you can reach them through meditation (I have), and you can have them occur during states of high arousal like you described.  You can also have sober experiences while taking psychedelics.  :laugh2:

Usually though if you want to trip it's more reliable to ingest any of the many drugs that makes you trip.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24634741 - 09/16/17 11:54 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

oh I read this wrong,
yes,
about the high from meditation:
We call it dhyana or meditative absorption - i.e. sustained concentration on a spot with a very simple mantra repeated while following the breath for 20 minutes or more will cause some shift in mental resonance similar to being stoned such that time will seem to pass more slowly, and sensations will be richer.

The silence may seem luxurious etc.
Golden or colored energy balls or radiant disks which may have very fine detail can form.
Dream sequences, such as are noticed upon arousing from sleep may also occur when in a deeply absorbed state (jhana type phenomena).

Oddly, the less the meditator cares about side effects like this, the more it seems to happen.

--------------------

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: jezpee] * 1
    #24634963 - 09/16/17 01:03 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jezpee said:
MDMA for me works like a psychedelic, not nearly as intense, but i would never call it "party-drug".

Never? If MDMA isn't a party drug then what is?

OfflinePrimalSoup
we hear the total mass retain
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24635012 - 09/16/17 01:32 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
the less the meditator cares about side effects like this, the more it seems to happen.

Students are warned not to pay attention to them as they are considered a distraction that interferes with the primary goals.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #24635017 - 09/16/17 01:36 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

In the aftermath of heavy frequent use of psychedelics, I have occasionally had true psychedelic flash backs.

Perfectly sober, no ingestion of any mind altering substances, and then bam, visuals, flowing, patterning, psychedelic mindstate, psychedelic emotional rollercoaster/enhancement, etc. generally between 30 minutes to 1 hour, sometimes less, sometimes more.

Offlinejezpee
Stranger
    #24635165 - 09/16/17 02:30 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AuroraBorealis88 said:
Quote:

jezpee said:
MDMA for me works like a psychedelic, not nearly as intense, but i would never call it "party-drug".

Never? If MDMA isn't a party drug then what is?

When i take mdma i feel relaxed, and just glued to the floor. Mind is energetic not body. And when i did heroin i stayed up all night, with no nodding or euphoria. Only oxy and fentanyl makes me relaxed and little euphoria. And for party is speed, coke and alcohol. And i know this heroin was good shit cos everyone else was nodding off with same stuff. This happens with people with adhd.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24635430 - 09/16/17 04:05 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It's dosage dependent. Low doses of MDMA are usually relaxing whereas higher doses (in the 200 to 300mg range) are extremely stimulating. Most people who think MDMA is always relaxing have just never taken higher doses.

Offlinejezpee
Stranger
    #24635451 - 09/16/17 04:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

ive done 0.7g of crystal a night and its relaxing. until the last hours when the serotonin was wearing off and felt more speedy. i also did 250mg once and could only lie down on floor for 3-4 hours, but my eyes were shaking and teeth grinding and massive visuals all around room. Not all drugs work same way for all people... And i know if the pills have amphetamines or something if they dont make me relaxed.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24635497 - 09/16/17 04:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jezpee said:
Not all drugs work same way for all people...

I never said that

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24635510 - 09/16/17 04:37 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I was really dehydrated one time skateboarding to get some food when I had one of few really intense "flashbacks" I have ever had. I was probably pretty stoned but in years it hasn't happened since.

My vision got all funky, it was like my eyes had some colored filter over them that changed how everything looked. I sat down in the shade for a bit then went and got some water and felt better.

It wasn't full on psychedelic but it was very trippy and a lot different from any drugs I have tried. Pretty sure I was dangerously dehydrated which combined with the heat and exercise did something weird to my brain.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: musiclover420]
    #24635837 - 09/16/17 06:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yes. It only happened once and if i try to force it, it wont occur.

I meditated and used the feeling of love to achieve a higher conscious. After that, it felt like a low dose mushroom trip. No visuals, but the mind clarity was there. Its was like i opened my third eye through meditation and emotion.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

OfflineBlabble40
Get ready to die?

Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: Chakanooga]
    #24635917 - 09/16/17 07:13 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It's supposed to be possible by meditating or trance techniques but I've never done it. Have heard people say they induced psychedelic like states by meditating.
But I haven't done it. I've had weird sleep:dream experiences and hypnagogia though.

--------------------

Offlineliftcore
Stranger

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: Blabble40]
    #24635975 - 09/16/17 07:35 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

For me, as well as my brother too actually, ever since having done a few solid trips weed is extremely psychedelic, especially if we run into some quality green. I'm talking some forms of moderate open eye visual distortion and immense closed eye visuals as well as deep mental thought loops. Of course nothing close to comparable to the degree of intensity lsd or shrooms bring but still in the real of being psychedelic.

InvisibleGhosthaze
You Have No Life
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever have psychedelic experiences sober? [Re: liftcore]
    #24636871 - 09/17/17 02:20 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Once.
I looked into the bathroom mirror, and started to have this strange feeling of deja vu like I'd already lived this life and countless other ones. My reflection belonged to me but it also didn't, and it started taking on subtlety different appearances in succession.

It was just a weird dissociative experience that happened when I was completely sober.

I saw a UFO once, which was way weirder because that occurred in empirical reality and can't simply be attributed to misfiring neurons in my brain.

Edited by Ghosthaze (09/17/17 02:21 AM)

OfflineDagnet
Seeker
 User Gallery

#24636968 - 09/17/17 04:08 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Through meditation I've achieve states more intense in aspects than mushrooms (the only classic psych I've taken). I've been able to do this when I was around 11/12 - I learnt by mistake.

He's a post I made from 5 years ago: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16327075/page/1

The experience is completely incomparable to anything drug induced. The whole experience is governed by how skilled you are and how well you can concentrate. The body load is extremely intense. About three years ago I nearly thought I was going to have a heart attack; my heart was beating much faster than after doing a 100m sprint and it lasted an hour after the meditation. I had PTSD like symptoms from that experience for a year. I have been scared to go into this mode of thinking again ever since.

The visuals and body load become entirely one experience. I have became the solar system and then became an ant in a split second. With that fast heart rate experience, I was a river: my whole body and mind was flowing in one direction. I was going to emerge but I had to stop the experience due to the side effects. I've experienced timelessness and multidimensions with this.

It's these experiences from a young age that started my interest into psychedelics. Read the post I made from 5 years ago if you're interested in learning.

EDIT: https://www.shroomery.org/13915/The-strongest-weed-Ive-ever-had this is my trip report from a few months ago which is also relevant to this discussion.

--------------------
"Thoughts without intuitions are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind." - Kant

Edited by Dagnet (09/17/17 04:10 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience