Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Military Propaganda [Re: Phred]
    #2463016 - 03/23/04 05:36 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

The best thing to do is disband the US military. While we're at it, disband the police as well.

I didnt actually see anyone say anything of the like. Thats a pretty weak tactic on your part.

So do you think the Spanish have put themselves at increased risk of terror attacks by voting in a government who are likely to withdraw troops from Iraq and take a more measured approach to terror? If so please enlighten me.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Military Propaganda [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2463041 - 03/23/04 05:56 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

I want my government to do what is necessary to have a good life for us. If that benefits others as well... good. If not... tough shit.

Is there a balance to do this i.e would it be acceptable to cause alot of problems for others to gain a small advantage for the US?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Military Propaganda [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2463328 - 03/23/04 09:48 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

post deleted by DoctorJ

(this post deserves its own thread )

Edited by DoctorJ (03/23/04 10:14 AM)

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Military Propaganda [Re: Phred]
    #2464263 - 03/23/04 03:36 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

The best thing to do is disband the US military. While we're at it, disband the police as well.

OK, I get it, you're being sarcastic.

What do you think about my statement that the military is and always has been the world's most dangerous, heavily armed special interest group? Do you think its right that a pacifist such as myself should be forced to pay for the military through taxes and inflation?

I guess my opinion of the military has been heavily influenced by watching way too many old kung-fu movies. You know, the ones where the military is just a gang of thugs that take money by force from peaceful farmers and merchants so they can go conquer more villages? That's how it all started, folks.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Military Propaganda [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2464554 - 03/23/04 04:58 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

DoctorJ writes:

What do you think about my statement that the military is and always has been the world's most dangerous, heavily armed special interest group?

Whose military?

Militaries are certainly heavily armed. There's no disputing that. And members of the military probably tend to vote differently on some issues than civilian voters would.

But as a "special interest group", members of Western militaries consistently get the shit end of the stick. The pay sucks, living conditions suck, the job is dangerous and often fatal (even in peacetime), you and your family get schlepped all over the country or even the world every six months to two years or so, you give up rights civilians possess... I could go on but I think by now most readers of this post are grasping that being a member of a heavily armed special interest group doesn't mean much.

Do you think its right that a pacifist such as myself should be forced to pay for the military through taxes and inflation?

I don't think it's right that anyone should be forced to pay for the military or for that matter the police and courts through taxes or inflation. I believe the legitimate functions of government should be funded through voluntary methods. In my opinion, a society unwilling to pay of their own volition for such essential services is a society too stupid to survive long anyway.

I guess my opinion of the military has been heavily influenced by watching way too many old kung-fu movies.

I really couldn't say.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2465351 - 03/23/04 09:00 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Do you think its right that a pacifist such as myself should be forced to pay for the military through taxes and inflation?

You enjoy the benefits of their protection, therefore you should. Remember that you only have the right to speak your mind the way you want because of the people that have been violent or been willing to be in your and your fellow American's behalf to protect your freedoms.

Everyone love pacifists, especially tyrants.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Military Propaganda [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2465364 - 03/23/04 09:03 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Maybe he's not as afraid as you are.

Tyrants also love blind followers, especially violent ones.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Military Propaganda [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2465397 - 03/23/04 09:08 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Tyrants also love blind followers, especially violent ones.

So right you are

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Maybe he's not as afraid as you are.

Exactly what am I afraid of? I don't get it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2465422 - 03/23/04 09:17 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

You enjoy the benefits of their protection, therefore you should.

Why would this be important unless you were afraid? Also would we need so much protection if it were not for alot of the things our military do/have done?

Canada doesn't seem to need much military protection. It doesn't have any enemies.

Also just because the military has in the past defended freedom doesn't mean that they do today. Today's military is even used to oppress the American people.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Military Propaganda [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2465455 - 03/23/04 09:24 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

I have no faith in the inherent goodness of man. I believe that people will try to test you if they perceive weakness. Our world is not yet entirely enlightened for us all to be in love with each other. I would say that I'm concerned about possible threats. Not everyone has a live and let live attitude.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2466078 - 03/24/04 12:40 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Where did you come up with the shit about all the soldiers being just like bullies? They are told to do something and they do it. If a bully wants to kick ur face in and take your lunch money he does it because he wants to, he enjoys kicking your face. A lot of these soldiers have to go to therapy because not all of them enjoy blowing brains out a daily basis. I'll probably have to join too cause there is noooo fuckin way I will be able to pay for my college costs. Now for all peaceful people, do you want to be muslim? Cause I wouldnt mind, and I wouldnt mind having 10 wives who i can slap around.

Ask any1 of the "terrorists" and they will tell that they WANT Islam everywhere, they want it to be in every fuckin house. Now a lot of you people don't want this, you want equality, well u wont get it. Personally I dont give a fuck about being a Muslim, shit, if I marry a muslim chick, id convert too...

Anyway, military is a neccessity for the protection of a country. Even though Japan has a small military they still have the USA behind them.

The military protects your cheap gas, cheap food, cheap dildos for your bitch, cheap everything, they kill people for that shit, so that you and your children can be nice and happy. It is the reality of the world, go back to wonderland where every1 is peacefull and equal and has a full belly.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (03/24/04 12:43 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Military Propaganda *DELETED* [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2468635 - 03/24/04 06:42 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by pinksharkmark

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Military Propaganda [Re: ]
    #2468809 - 03/24/04 07:28 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

your moronic threats of violence are excellent evidence supporting my theory that the military is primarily composed of homicidally psychotic idiots. thank you for winning my arguement for me.

Quote:

*** here, a quote from a permabanned puppet was deleted by pinksharkmark***

fuck hippies. you dont know me.

BTW, if you killed me, you wouldn't live very long afterwards. My father used to work for military intelligence. Seriously, you have no idea who you are dealing with.

Why dont you just do the gene pool a favor and kill yourself? Soon we will have evolved enough not to need cretins like you.

Edited by pinksharkmark (03/24/04 10:10 PM)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#2472292 - 03/25/04 06:55 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Why dont you just do the gene pool a favor and kill yourself? Soon we will have evolved enough not to need cretins like you.

I don't even know what the other guy said so I'm not trying to defend them or anything, but do you honestly think that evolution is going to let a desireable trait die off. And if it does then do think that it will happen simultaneously with all life in the universe.(yes I believe that there is life out there)

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2472689 - 03/25/04 10:40 AM (20 years, 8 days ago)

People have fought for thousands and thousands of years. Every species fights for survival. You tree hugging mother fuckers still go nuts when you get pissed off, you still have the instinct to kill, so shut the fuck up. Go to the lab and make humans peacefull, oh, my bad, you're against that shit too. Bitches.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (03/25/04 10:41 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom