Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

How sketchy is it to lie about dates on a resume? Will they confirm?
    #24584414 - 08/28/17 12:33 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Just found out my possible future employer will need to call my past jobs to verify. I kind of fluffed the dates to make it look like I worked there longer because I didn't want gaps. I have never had a job actually call future employers, but this one is a corporation and im dealing with a real HR department. Am I fucked? Will they definitely asks the dates I worked there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #2

Re: How sketchy is it to lie about dates on a resume? Will they confirm? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #24584541 - 08/28/17 03:04 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

possibly
it matters more tho where you work now
I wouldn't lie about experiance too much

Anonymous #3

Re: How sketchy is it to lie about dates on a resume? Will they confirm? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #24587289 - 08/29/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Depends on how far off they are.

When I call references I'll ask. Usually I'll start with a bit of an open-ended questions: "So when did so and so work for you?"

If you listed working for someone for 5 years and it was one, it would be a red flag. However, I'm reasonable. Once you get candidates with 10-20 years experience I understand dates may not be super precise.

Anonymous #1

Re: How sketchy is it to lie about dates on a resume? Will they confirm? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #24587689 - 08/29/17 11:08 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #3 said:
Depends on how far off they are.

When I call references I'll ask. Usually I'll start with a bit of an open-ended questions: "So when did so and so work for you?"

If you listed working for someone for 5 years and it was one, it would be a red flag. However, I'm reasonable. Once you get candidates with 10-20 years experience I understand dates may not be super precise.

That sounds reasonable, although they were pretty far off. I figured out I was able to go back and retroactively update the application. So I got the correct dates on there. The bad news is my resume was an attached document and it was impossible to delete. Not to mention im sure they can see all revisions. My gameplan at this point though: I worked many jobs over the years. I only put the jobs down I thought was applicable. That resume was just a general outline of my experience, then say look I have all of these random jobs like me running the box office at a triathlon for a weekend etc, and offer up the dates and contacts at that moment. Terrible damage control?

This is actually for a paid internship at fairly large company. My family member is in Operations so they were able to contact the head of the department I wanted to work in and set this internship up. They already filled out all of the legal paperwork between the college, then they publicly posted the job listing the minute it was published.

My fear comes in when my family member told me after the fact to get all of the contact details in there correctly because HR department will more likely verify and I may lose the position if things dont line up. Dealing with HR scrutiny never really crossed my mind because I stupidly just assumed I was in and was dealing with the head of the department who was on good terms with my family. As it stands now still waiting back to hear from HR, hopefully I didn't already fuck things up

Anonymous #4

#24591147 - 08/30/17 03:54 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Depends on who you worked for and what sort of job you're trying to get.

Anonymous #5

#24630119 - 09/14/17 08:19 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Liars live trapped in a .web of their own deciept.

Anonymous #1

Re: How sketchy is it to lie about dates on a resume? Will they confirm? [Re: Anonymous #5] * 1
    #24630537 - 09/14/17 11:21 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

eh, I got away with it

Anonymous #6

#24630604 - 09/14/17 11:53 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
Just found out my possible future employer will need to call my past jobs to verify. I kind of fluffed the dates to make it look like I worked there longer because I didn't want gaps. I have never had a job actually call future employers, but this one is a corporation and im dealing with a real HR department. Am I fucked? Will they definitely asks the dates I worked there?

Whoa!

They are going to call tour FUTURE employers as well??

Dam they don't mess around

Edited by Anonymous (09/14/17 11:54 PM)

Anonymous #7

Re: How sketchy is it to lie about dates on a resume? Will they confirm? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #24630690 - 09/15/17 01:06 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Roads?  Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Anonymous #1

Re: How sketchy is it to lie about dates on a resume? Will they confirm? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #24633351 - 09/15/17 06:41 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #6 said:
Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:

Whoa!

They are going to call tour FUTURE employers as well??

Dam they don't mess around

you lack basic reading skills you know that right? My possible future employer (Being the people doing the background check and wanting to hire me) called my past employers. Not sure what was confusing about it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder