Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... * 1
    #24625772 - 09/13/17 10:09 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, long ass read but worth it.

This is a week in Cincinnati. 60 journalists followed users, police, paramedic, 911 call center and courtrooms.

This is what it's like out there.

http://www.cincinnati.com/pages/interactives/seven-days-of-heroin-epidemic-cincinnati/

For those who actually read it, how does that make you feel? Is there hope? If you are a heroin addict, does this affect you at all?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Patlal]
    #24625784 - 09/13/17 10:13 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:tldr:

--------------------

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #24625804 - 09/13/17 10:20 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

its sad and it is an epidemic by design. first the pharm companies lined their pockets then the powers that be pumped afgan love into the problem.

now fet is too much of a problem for anyone to handle, the cat is out of the bag and people don't have sympathy for junkies.

i found the layout of the article to be shit. they should write something instead of posting a timeline like it is an episode of cops. basically none of the sections had enough information to be more then propaganda.

--------------------

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Loc: tromaville
Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #24625819 - 09/13/17 10:25 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Old news. Heroin is a staple in the community now. Fentanyl is the problem.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #24626261 - 09/13/17 01:05 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

its gone over the edge and now can only be corrected by burning out slowly, no solution to this can be found beyond legalizing and standardizing opiates

that is the only way to even hope to reverse this situation

OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Connoisseur]
    #24626912 - 09/13/17 04:54 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

This article hit me straight in the feels... I was heavy into the scene for about 10 years up until 5 years ago. I still have a foot in the scene and regularly hear about deaths in my town and have seen friend's lives go straight into the gutter and even had a few die on me.

This shouldn't be a legal issue. It is a medical issue and a mental health issue. Legalization, regulation and rehabilitation are the answer. Locking people up for dealing with their issues the wrong way should be a crime itself.

If people are hopeless cases, like some are, then at least they can have a safe place to buy their fix, a safe place to use it and if they really want it, help to get off the drugs.

If people commit crimes to buy legal drugs, then charge them with the crime they actually committed, not for the drugs.

I have noticed that some people are able to be functioning opiate addicts and can be responsible about their use, so long as they have a constant supply of drugs. If they could buy legal opiates in the store, and are able to hold down a job that can support the habit, I don't see much of a problem with that.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #24627014 - 09/13/17 05:27 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I find it very peculiar that fent was being sold right after people started bragging about narcan

either people started importing it because the media talked about it or there is some conspiracy out there to cleanse the streets of homeless people and I'm not insane, when heroin is imported it comes in by the brick. for someone to sit there and dose it with fent just doesn't make any sense, that would take forever...

OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Konyap]
    #24627086 - 09/13/17 05:56 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

$95,550: Cost to taxpayers to house those 210 inmates for one week. If the inmate total is closer to the estimated 870, the cost would be $395,850

Proof that drugs should be legal. In Canada, it costs $120,000 to keep one person in jail/prison for one year. Even the luxury rehabs cost less than that.

Stop incarcerating addicts and get them help. It will save the taxpayers money. Also regulating and selling legal drugs will bring in even more revenue for the government. They can actually profit off of this as well as get these people the help they actually need. Jail time does not help the problem, if anything, it makes it worse.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #24627306 - 09/13/17 07:48 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Alright, long ass read but worth it.

Serious understatement lol. I was reading for like 10 minutes thinking I was nearing the end or at least had made significant progress, and looked at the scroll bar, damn thing hardly moved.

Is worth it though, it's very engaging for whatever reason, start reading and it's hard to take a break. I got other shit I'm doing in between reading it though. I'm mostly to the end now (finally lol)

I have mixed feelings about it honestly. Compassion and indifference at the same time, weird combo. On one hand I view these people as victims, victims of themselves, but victims nonetheless. On the other, these people know the risks very well, many of them have already overdosed and died only to be brought back and still go on to keep doing it. Ultimately it's sad and I have a lot more empathy for them than anything else. I know what it's like to struggle with addiction, I've been addicted (to the point that if it were heroin, there's no doubt I'd of been dead already) to no less than 5 substances in my life. So in the end I can't really judge them. My dislike for hypocrites is only surpassed by my pure hatred of thieves. To judge them would make me one.

Is there hope? I really don't know. Not in the current state of things. IMHO if we wanted to truly curb (it will never completely stop) this epidemic, we would need to legalize a lot of other drugs (which in all likelihood will never happen), we'd need to completely change our approach in how we deal with addicts and treat them, we'd need to spend probably billions on reeducating the public, because as long as the general public views them as nuisances and undesirables, they are never going to be able to change en masse. The pressure of relapsing and being looked down upon is a strong trigger in and of itself for relapse. "Well maybe they should learn to not care what people think" if they were capable of doing that in this current environment, they probably wouldn't be an addict anyways. There's hope but it's only a glimmer. Many huge things are going to have to change.

You'll never stop the flow of drugs into the country, it's literally impossible. Every dollar spent on that, is completely wasted and could be better spent on treatment programs that actually help and out reach programs and education etc etc.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Shroomslip]
    #24627597 - 09/13/17 10:23 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I stopped reading because the article was obviously written towards people far away from the drug scene. I've been clean for around 4 years now and I hate to see all these fent ODs going on nowadays. Thst shit is seriously fucked up and I have some conspiracy theories about it. When it comes to harm reduction vs discipline/punishment I'm not fully on one side or the other. I'm against methadone but I'm for needle exchanges.

Invisibleazzbo

Loc: Flag
Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: Canadian Jesus] * 1
    #24627619 - 09/13/17 10:35 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I had some pharmaceutical opiates in my drug stash and after reading that page I decided to flush them, It's just not worth the risk.

It took me awhile to read, Mainly because it's just soul crushing stories, one after another.

I've grown up with junkies my entire life, on one hand it's hard to feel bad for them, because they're always stealing your shit. They would steal your kidneys if they knew how to sell them.
But on the other hand, They are just sick people that need help.

I'm not sure how long it will take us to fix this problem, we have the knowledge to do so. But right now, people just dont give a fuck. They're too busy checking their instagram profile and taking selfies.

I still have faith in Ibogaine.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: A week into the heroin epidemic. Here's what it looks like... [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #24627627 - 09/13/17 10:40 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RockyRaccoon said:
Old news. Heroin is a staple in the community now. Fentanyl is the problem.

Bingo. The real problem was them taking away the op 80's. I've od'd 3 times before I got clean. All though I have friends dropping like flies that didn't get the fuck out of that fiasco. This was big pharma induced. Plus shit hole dealers lacing everything with fent.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates