Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePlatform4
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Lancashire
Hunting tips for a rookie, Liberty caps!
    #24626435 - 09/13/17 04:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Just been hunting approximately two hours ago, unfortunately I have not had much luck. I saw a few species of mushroom but none that match the description of the one I am after, the Liberty Cap. The place I was looking was a big connection of fields where cows graze regularly and there was plenty of cow shit lying around (apparently this helps?). Am I looking in the wrong places? I closely examined any areas near the cows droppings since I have been informed this is where they should be. Also are there any tips for hunting that will be useful considering this was my first time. I was not expecting much from the trip, but to know that I am doing it right would be helpful and confirm to me that I am not wasting my time. :tongue2: I did collect some of the other mushrooms but I highly doubt they are liberty caps since they do not match the description I am willing to take photos of said mushrooms in case anyone is intrigued enough to take a look for me.

Thank you in advance.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Loc: Minnesota, the next state...
Re: Hunting tips for a rookie, Liberty caps! [Re: Platform4]
    #24626467 - 09/13/17 04:21 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Apparently, they often grow right at the base of clumps of tall grass, since the rain water gets directed down there. They also like pretty cold temperatures.

With that said, this is only the things I have read or been told. I have yet to find them.

I would have to walk a lot of miles to get to a cow field, and just as many to get home, since I live in sprawling hick city which is a suburb of itself. I am sticking to the places where the whitetail deer graze once the temperatures and moisture get correct. It's been around 30 degrees C for days here, and probably only .2cm of rain in the last three weeks... definitely not prime mushroom time!

--------------------

*ALL POSTS CREATED BY THIS USER ARE FICTIONAL IN NATURE, AND ARE THE PRODUCT OF LUCID DREAMING. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN AS REAL OR TRUE.

OfflinePlatform4
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Lancashire
Re: Hunting tips for a rookie, Liberty caps! [Re: Spivkurl]
    #24626477 - 09/13/17 04:24 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I think that is where I have been going wrong then. I primarily checked the places where the cows had been which was all grazed and short grass. Thanks for the help!:smile:

OfflineThePump
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: uk Flag
Re: Hunting tips for a rookie, Liberty caps! [Re: Platform4]
    #24626496 - 09/13/17 04:33 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

have a look through this thread, to see what other people are up to in uk hunting libs. Short grass is fine, no problem with that.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24448990/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/37

--------------------

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Loc: Minnesota, the next state...
Re: Hunting tips for a rookie, Liberty caps! [Re: ThePump]
    #24626565 - 09/13/17 04:56 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ThePump said:
have a look through this thread, to see what other people are up to in uk hunting libs. Short grass is fine, no problem with that.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24448990/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/37

That is good to know! Just waiting for the weather then!

--------------------

*ALL POSTS CREATED BY THIS USER ARE FICTIONAL IN NATURE, AND ARE THE PRODUCT OF LUCID DREAMING. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN AS REAL OR TRUE.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification