Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Researchers Reverse Negative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use [Re: durian_2008]
    #24629923 - 09/14/17 07:05 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

So...GHB and Benzos reverse some of the negative effects? So kids smoking pot should be taking xanax while they do it? Maybe medically viable, just sounds insane

That these drugs cancel out psychedelic activity from thc and all other psychedelics, thats for sure. But thats short term. Will chill out an anxious high or a "bad" trip

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Bojangles
Breathe In
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty
Re: Researchers Reverse Negative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24634013 - 09/15/17 11:11 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
How about they do some research into how bad ssri's and adhd drugs are for kids.

Plenty of research done on that end. 
https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/child-and-adolescent-mental-health/antidepressant-medications-for-children-and-adolescents-information-for-parents-and-caregivers.shtml
All SSRI's carry the FDA's strictest, black box, warning.  The problem is the pharma reps push it on doctors so much that they use it as a first resort rather than last. 

Cannabis certainly has negative effects on people.  Writing off research as frivolous because you, the cannabis smoker, hasn't experienced such effects does not mean the effects are still not there.  I'm not trying to call anyone schizophrenic but schizophrenic people don't usually recognize the condition in themselves as quickly as mental health professionals.  I'm also not trying to say that people who smoke cannabis develop schizophrenia...just approach ALL research with an open mind and an objective attitude.  Don't let your emotions and biases get the better of you.  Much like the NIH link I added earlier in this post:

Quote:

An individual's response to a certain medication cannot be predicted with certainty.

This includes cannabis.  Sure you may have self diagnosed yourself with some ailment and self medicated yourself with cannabis, but it does not me the deleterious effects are absent; you are unlikely to notice subtle changes in brain chemistry.

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Researchers Reverse Negative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #24637196 - 09/17/17 07:21 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I actually dont write it off. I do wonder if any possible kind of long term MJ "overuse" or just lifetime, early age use, if you took gabapentin or a low dose of ghb when you smoked, that would seem to increase gaba and perhaps may be the safe way to smoke weed long term. Without science, who knows? You cant talk to a plant or meditate inside it and gain information. Youd be a witch doctor

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Researchers Reverse Negative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use [Re: Fractal420]
    #24637218 - 09/17/17 07:33 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Probably cause psychosis can feel awesome when not mixed with akathisia or depression.

Seems that if you have a diagnosis they slap drugs on ya and do squat about the subconscious problems.  Professional invalidation.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Researchers Reverse Negative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24639953 - 09/18/17 06:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

i dont know that psychosis "feels awesome". Is that something you know for sure or just assuming? I bet heroin feels awesome, lol. I think the problem lies further down the road

But i imagine it does not feel that great. I see my grandfather struggling from dementia/alzheimers. Nope, he doesnt say he feels awesome. Not before the hydrocodone.

Although early onset "psychosis" (which you can be meaning several things by) is certainly a different story. But i know some of those too. And it doesnt look too fun, altho some people love half their bipolar disorder

Then again i know people who smoke dmt to spend time their interstellar child, so, man who knows. And truly believe that sort of thing ("YES, i did once make love to an entity"). Its not insane to have those experiences of course but its quite different if you truly believe them

Like i saw a goddess clearly rise from my carpet on 300-400 mics. I 100% realize that no part of that was real, aside from maybe some subconscious desires and such, still just manifestation. Not reality. SURELY not consensus reality. My own mental palace maybe

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (09/18/17 06:31 AM)

InvisibleCyrus19
Represents Enlil's Hope

Re: Researchers Reverse Negative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use [Re: musiclover420]
    #24640110 - 09/18/17 07:53 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
I have smoked cannabis for over a decade, since I was 11 :lol:

It hasn't made my schizo or psychotic :shrug: I trust cannabis more then some new pharma drug to "reverse the negative effects if THC"...

Stay tuned for next time when they come up with a new drug to reverse the negative effects of the drug made to reverse the negative effects of THC :tongue2:

I am interested to see more research and studies into this but I have my doubts. Before long we will probably be seeing commercials on TV telling people who have taken this new drug to call them and join a lawsuit for all the unintended negative effects it has caused. Hopefully that isn't the case but pharmaceuticals have a pretty iffy track record...

I've met people who smoked themselves retarded you are one of the lucky ones.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Researchers Reverse Negative Effects of Adolescent Marijuana Use [Re: Fractal420]
    #24641258 - 09/18/17 04:05 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Myself having gone thru psychosis, it can be awesome.  It can also be very difficult.  It depends on the emotion, drugs involved, pressure from society and cognition.

There is a lot more to why we experience what we do than we realize.  I suppose it's like a drug and could mix well or not.  Not to make a blanket statement that all psychosis is wonderful, at the least awsome as in grand, large, powerful, mysterious.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds