Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinexelador
Stranger

Shrooms for psychosis? * 1
    #24623588 - 09/12/17 03:43 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

A few years ago I split with the ex of 10 years, and it absolutely shattered my reality. I went through a whole phase of anxiety and gut-wrenching depression, like nothing I'd ever been through before.

My work life eventually collapsed because I was in my own head constantly and couldn't concentrate, which lead to rent arrears and unpaid bills. This just intensified everything till eventually, one night, lead on the floor alone in the pitch darkness, I was completely paralysed unable to process what was happening to me. It felt like I'd just hung up the phone on reality.

I'm not exactly sure what happened to me that night, but since it happened I haven't been able to form relationships with others properly, and nothing really makes sense in life anymore.

I mentioned psychosis in the title because I believe that's what I'm going through. I've had some bizarre experiences with the television that could only be explained by some sort of mental disorder.

TL;DR - Will shrooms help with psychosis, or make matters worse?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Shrooms for psychosis? (moved) [Re: xelador] * 1
    #24624048 - 09/12/17 07:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

This thread was moved from Getting Started.

Reason:
Here

OfflinePrimalSoup
we hear the total mass retain
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: xelador] * 2
    #24624117 - 09/12/17 07:26 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xelador said:
A few years ago I split with the ex of 10 years, and it absolutely shattered my reality. I went through a whole phase of anxiety and gut-wrenching depression, like nothing I'd ever been through before.

My work life eventually collapsed because I was in my own head constantly and couldn't concentrate, which lead to rent arrears and unpaid bills. This just intensified everything till eventually, one night, lead on the floor alone in the pitch darkness, I was completely paralysed unable to process what was happening to me. It felt like I'd just hung up the phone on reality.

I'm not exactly sure what happened to me that night, but since it happened I haven't been able to form relationships with others properly, and nothing really makes sense in life anymore.

I mentioned psychosis in the title because I believe that's what I'm going through. I've had some bizarre experiences with the television that could only be explained by some sort of mental disorder.

What do you mean by "bizarre experience with the television?"  It could be more of a schizoid episode.

If you want to process what's happening with an eye towards resolving it, yes, shrooms will most likely help as they're very good at that.  :scaryshroom::thumbup:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #24624147 - 09/12/17 07:36 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psychedelics are very powerful, they could help or make it worse depending on many factors. Have you ever used mushrooms or other psychedelics before?

Mushrooms can do wonders for depression and anxiety, and would probably help more then many pills a doctor would try and shove down your throat.

If you do decide to try them start low and be cautious, maybe even start by micro dosing and practicing meditation. That could help ease you into it.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: musiclover420] * 3
    #24624483 - 09/12/17 10:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I am not sure many people know the effect taking psychedelics have on psychosis. When I say "Many people" I mean the scientific community. One of the reasons being the only information and trials we really have are from early research on LSD when it was first discovered, prior to its becoming illegal and studies halting, or information where people are able and allowed to study these substances without regulation and restriction, like that in the US.

I think overall, it is extremely cautioned that psychedelics have the potential to further escalate problems with a detached or loss of contact with reality, for reasons that anyone who takes psychedelics would understand.

That being said, it has been suggested in the scientific community, at least I remember reading once or twice before, the potential for using psychedelic drugs to treat schizophrenia.

But as mentioned, in general I believe it is cautioned in fear of potential for escalating the issues involved with schizophrenia for example.

But, that being said. Your diagnosis of psychosis seems to have been a self diagnosis.

Have you ever done any psychedelics before?

I believe it is possible, if you are feeling as if this could help you, it is very possible that it could. The fact that you are seeking it out to me implies that possibility.

In the end, I believe this is a decision you must make for yourself. If you believe there is potential for mushrooms helping you, then I would explore that avenue. I say this not having the option to meet you and further evaluate you and your situation as well as your state of mind.

Are there people who shouldn't take mushrooms? It is possible. I think for the most part those people are the same people who don't want to take them.

In the end it is your life. You must do what you believe is in your best interest. I would recommend you follow your internal voice. I do not think there is anyone who can tell you if they will help or make things worse. I think the only way to know that is to try for yourself and determine for yourself if the reaction is positive or negative.

My personal recondition and advice, I find that mushrooms are very beneficial for many things and can help to heal people. I find they have helped me personally immensely in an unimaginable way. 

If you have been diagnosed with a psychological disorder I would recommend caution. I can't personally speak on the effect that these mind altering substances would have on someone who already has an altered perception of reality. It is hard for me personally to say that someone who has an altered perception of reality can even be crazy, when I know how meaningless our perception of reality is in comparison to reality. Just always do the right thing.

I believe it is more of a "failure to integrate into society functionally" fear.

If you do try them, have faith and confidence in your self and in your experience, and I would suggest starting rather low in a very very comfortable environment with the ability to call upon people who care about you if you need them.

Also based on the extremely limited information you provided I personally wouldn't consider that viable for a diagnosis of psychosis. The depression from the relationship etc, all of that I would say I would guess mushrooms to be highly beneficial in alleviating those symptoms.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Edited by Enkidu (09/12/17 10:16 PM)

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: Enkidu]
    #24625013 - 09/13/17 02:34 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't take mushrooms with psychoses. I took mushrooms a few weeks after developing psychoses and I almost went crazy. It didn't help that I somehow ended up reading the unibomber's manifesto during the trip. If not for the fact a fellow shroomery member sent me a book on Dzogchen precepts, which I also read during the trip, I feel like I would have completely lost my mind and ended up in a mental institution. I still have psychoses and am halfway crazy but able to function.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: PA Flag
Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: Peyote Road]
    #24625058 - 09/13/17 03:03 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Psychosis from what? The wizard?

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

Offlinejezpee
Stranger
    #24625073 - 09/13/17 03:09 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

ive experienced some paranoid month long episode that i think was psychosis.
Real psychosis with hallucinations and manic psychosis, where i go "full jesus"
I wouldnt recommend psychedelics on any psychotic episode, althouh LSD helped me over the paranoid phase (LSD caused it, but thats another story). But first thing you need to do is think if your thought patterns are normal. I mean do you feel you are thinking wrong or thinking right. Sometimes in psychosis you dont even know that you are in psychosis, you just think its normal thinking. Reading from your post i think you know you arent thinking normal and that is good sign. Is this weird thing with TV, that they are talking about you in tv or directly to you. This is a sign of psychosis and is good you have seen that this isnt right. Sometimes talking to/with tv can feel normal. Your case isnt from what i read serious, but i would recommend going to a doctor, private doctor if you can afford it, since city doctors will just send to mental hospital and those arent nice... Also dont agree to any long term medication. Only short-term to get over this bad-phase. Sometimes doctors like to prescribe life-long recipes, and thats insanity.
But to sum it up doing psychedelics will likely make your case worse. If you see any symptoms of psychosis or delusional/irrational thinking patterns go meet with private doctor if possible. And i am living example that human brain can heal itself from any mental breakdown overtime, so what you are feeling now isnt permanent. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Much love and best wishes <3

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: TempestDnB]
    #24625101 - 09/13/17 03:24 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TempestDnB said:
Psychosis from what? The wizard?

Combination of factors. Yes, I believe living with a mad magician and taking his  formulas played a major part in it. I just read yesterday on the S&P forum that studying Ouspensky can lead to psychoses, so that's another possible factor. Then there was my sexual disorder/masturbation addiction which can apparently lead to psychoses as well as Teal Swan videos I had been watching which advised to raise the sexual energy up the spine (that's what really did me in). Smoking weed probably didn't help matters, although I was only smoking about twice a week. Plus I had PTSD before all this and long drug history.

Anyway, when you consider all that together you have a great recipe for psychoses and looking back I am not sure how I got myself into such a situation. It all happened so fast. I think the Magician simply did not recognize how sensitive my mind was and how dangerous working magic on me could be, although I am honestly not sure whether he would have cared if he had known. He always seemed far more interested in collecting payments and showing off his powers than the actual wellfare of the people he treated.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Edited by Peyote Road (09/13/17 03:26 AM)

Offlinexelador
Stranger

Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24625307 - 09/13/17 07:08 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
What do you mean by "bizarre experience with the television?"  It could be more of a schizoid episode.

There have been moments when I've woken up after falling asleep in front of the TV or PC monitor, woken up to a negative energetic feeling, and could have sworn I've seen people on the screen holding out their hands towards me. As though they were syphoning off my life energy. Something to that end anyway.

Thanks for all the comments. I've never tried any psychedelics before, I'd just prefer not to go to the GP's for a whole bunch of pills that will most likely make the situation worse.

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: PA Flag
    #24625544 - 09/13/17 10:18 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

That's unfortunate. Ya know I'm a wizard too, but the good kind.

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: xelador]
    #24626166 - 09/13/17 02:30 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xelador said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:

There have been moments when I've woken up after falling asleep in front of the TV or PC monitor, woken up to a negative energetic feeling, and could have sworn I've seen people on the screen holding out their hands towards me. As though they were syphoning off my life energy. Something to that end anyway.

Thanks for all the comments. I've never tried any psychedelics before, I'd just prefer not to go to the GP's for a whole bunch of pills that will most likely make the situation worse.

Well I wouldn't worry about that too much.  I've had the other kind of thing where the TV is communicating directly with me, etc...  Freaky shit.

Go see a doctor just to get an informed opinion.  You DON'T have to take any medication.  I never did.  And mushrooms healed me, very natural process.

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: TempestDnB]
    #24626390 - 09/13/17 03:52 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TempestDnB said:
That's unfortunate. Ya know I'm a wizard too, but the good kind.

What can you do?

--------------------

Offlinejezpee
Stranger
    #24626452 - 09/13/17 04:17 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xelador said:
Quote:

PrimalSoup said:

There is no shame to ask for help. But from my experience (and believe me i was really fucked up for 2 years when i overdid stims and all other drugs) just talking face to face with someone about things that are on your mind and making you uncomfortable feels good. You cant think that if i take this "drug" it will heal me. Yes psychedelics can be great tool to help solve some emotional problems, but its is not the cure. This is just my humble opinion. and like primalsoup said they cant force you to take anything you dont want, and its good to have professionals opinion. Your situation could just be deep depression with psychotic features. (in example someone who lost wife, and still talks and sees her). These are way more common than you would think and more easy to cure than real mental breakdowns. But waiting is not gonna make things better (from my experience). Just stay safe and think about it.

Offlinexelador
Stranger

Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: jezpee]
    #24628218 - 09/14/17 09:52 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Depressive psychosis is definitely a more fitting diagnosis. The depression I initially went through was unbearable, I'd been through depression before but this was something else entirely. The night I seemingly disconnected with reality, I had an audio hallucination of a voice whispering "Can you hear me?" in a rather unsettling tone.

A couple months later, still going through whatever it is I was going through, I had a visit from the so-called 'shadow people' - that was an experience won't forget soon. Then came all the bizarre happenings with the TV. I'm almost certain Joe Rogan ain't all human. :grin:

I've been called freak, weird, and not wired properly. They're probably right, but this state of mind has been an extremely lonely road and has been difficult navigating back to whatever normal is nowadays.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#24628589 - 09/14/17 01:02 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Normal never really changes but what you're experiencing is something you should probably take to a doctor and get a real diagnosis, at the very least.  It's clinical.

--------------------

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Shrooms for psychosis? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24629576 - 09/14/17 07:10 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah but its also hard to find a doctor you can trust to have your best interest in mind and not do what they are trained to do in school, which is diagnose a problem and use the treatment recommended by their education to treat it.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience