Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! * 1
    #24623067 - 09/12/17 09:13 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hi guys.

How's things? TL;DR warning, the portion I'd like to hear feedback on will be in bold at the bottom.

So I got these Monstrose kiddos. Been hangin with me a long time now. Around 6 years. Procured from one, Olive, who is banned now. But I'm sure some of you remember him. I traded some Ovoid prints and the ninja sent me two tiny little rooted T. Bridge. Monstrose pups. What a guy!

Well they've grown. I've grown. We've grown, together. I feel very connected to them, they're my friends, I know other cacti people can relate. Along with this hippie ass feeling I got some other bullshit ideas too, like the universe has come around and informed me that the time to try the little buggers is now.

I've tried mescaline once before, in the form of non-monstrose T. Bridge. tea. Long story short, due to inexperience, overuse of lime, and questionable age/potency/health of specimens that was a rather disappointing endeavor, including lots of nausea, a vomiting episode, and a very weak scratch the surface kind of trip.

But that's alright. These things happen, add it to the Exp. stat. I do want to shoot for a full experience this time though of course. From reading about cacti users and whatnot, seems like you have to have a lot of intention for it to be meaningful, more spiritual/shamanic in lots of ways than LSD/mushies etc. It seems very fitting that the specimens I have now would be the culprits that give me my first *real* mescaline experience, being that I got them not with money, but in trade for mushrooms which I found in nature, and which otherwise have great spiritual significance to me anyway.

You still reading? I know, it's getting long, but if you're still reading maybe you can help/advise. Or you'll call me out for being a zen, one with the universe, sending me shaman signs, cliche ass hippie.

Which is whatever, you can do that. But if there's a positive person with some experience out there who would like to extend a helping hand, read a bit further and let me know what you think.

So I have these gentlemen here. They've grown to fair size, enough for me and a couple buddies to each consume a number of larger old segments They have been very stressed at times, chopped at times (infected pieces), deprived of water, etc, and they are around 6 years old. My research leads me to believe the species/variety (bridge monstrose), stress and age have probably led to these individuals being exceedingly potent as far as non Lophs are concerned. We'll find that out soon enough.

But in sticking with my :hippie: thinking the most natural way to consume them would be raw. That would also be the only way I know of that I would DEFINITELY not lose any alkaloid content, except through maybe purging, so long as I chew very well. So my plan is to go camping with a mess of cacti segments in tow, and bring some jello to coat my tongue with to cut down on taste, and some sugar and pop to help make the bitter sliminess more palatable. My buddies and I are both highly motivated to experience this, and are expecting difficulty in consuming and keeping down these raw segments, but are all eager despite this, and have intention without reservation to eat the stuff.

All that being said, who has comparative experience of raw cacti vs tea etc. I have innocents in the house so an A/B extraction is out of the question, and I only have 4 days till the experience and limited material, so I'm not wanting to try anything new where I might screw up or lose material, or use an iso extraction, I'm not confident I wouldn't be leaving a bunch of goodies with that method.

So really, just chime in with your favored method, but I'm really interested to hear advice for/against eating raw, or for/against making tea.

Also, part of the reason I'm posting this is to add to the woefully small bit of information I've found directly concerning the Monstrose variety of T. Bridge.

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarmie
Peter peter portion eater
I'm a teapot

Loc: Deep inside the night
Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: Toe_Jam] * 1
    #24623200 - 09/12/17 10:35 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Ive never done cacti before but am currently growing a bunch, i know the taste is supposed to be really bitter , the other day i was thinking About it and what if you ate some miracle fruit before eating the cacti,  miracle fruit turns bitter/sour tasting things sweet temporarily, i wonder if itd do the trick for cacti

--------------------

Edited by Marmie (09/12/17 10:42 AM)

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: Marmie] * 1
    #24623218 - 09/12/17 10:47 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I was doing some searching on this site on the subject and actually just saw someone who tried the miracle berry thing and said it didn't work. Supposedly those are more about turning something sour sweet, or perhaps the cacti bitterness is simply too strong. I figure masking it would be the way to go, and I'm just leery about making tea again cause of the epic failness of the first tea venture I had. Plus trying new things/methods appeals to me, might as well find out why not.

Though I took a small bite off of a piece of these one time and it was BITTER AS FUCK. Like, stupid bitter.

Waaaaaaaay more bitter than the piece of regular bridge I tried.

--------------------

March 1984

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: Toe_Jam] * 3
    #24623724 - 09/12/17 02:47 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

The miracle berry only turns sour things sweet. The lower pH causes a conformational shift in the molecule responsible that causes its sugar moiety to have better interaction with taste receptors.

Purely bitter substances don't taste sweeter after a miracle berry.

I imagine that a slightly acidic tea or tar would taste like a mix of coying sweetness and extreme biterness. Sounds really unpleasant.

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

OfflineMarmie
I'm a teapot

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: naum]
    #24625941 - 09/13/17 11:10 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

You should check out asantes method of ingestion, seems pretty sound, no heat or waste of material.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12587049

--------------------

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: Marmie]
    #24626293 - 09/13/17 01:14 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

"Squeeze through a cloth" is the fourth step, meaning filtering out the solid pieces.

I don't like the idea of doing that, especially without heat. Seems like a good deal would be left in the solid bits with that method. I'm just very unsure of the potency of what I have, of the few sources that mention the monstrose variety of T. Bridge (one of them being Trout's book) it's claimed to be very powerful. I've even seen claims on certain sites that say a single 3-4 inch segment can produce profound effects. But I just don't know and I have a limited supply.

Basically I want to eat it raw for my own "science" since I've never done that, but I have some reservations about how gross it's going to be. Slamming tea seems like it might be a better bet, but it was just such a disappointment last time I don't want to end up wasting these Monstrose that I've grown so attached to cause I didn't cook it long enough, or should have had more to use or whatever.

Also I've seen contradictory claims about body load/ nausea, some claiming tea gave them horrid nausea, and others the opposite, same thing with eating fresh. Everyone's body is different.

Seems to me, if I simply man up and deal with the long, gross process of eating the segments raw, I won't lose anything provided I chew it up real well. And provided I can keep it down....

This subject just has such a small response level in my experience, no one has yet chimed in here to say, "I eat/ have eaten cacti raw, this is what I do and how bad/good it is", or, "this is how I make my tea" etc. I mean I've done my research and seen lots of different methods and whatnot, but the information on this subject is pretty scarce, especially concerning my specific variety.

Anyway, my long winded ass on it again, tl;dr, but, I guess this is just gonna be my experiment.

I dunno. This thread has been viewed like 100 times so far and two people have responded, one of them hasn't even tried mesc (no offense) and the other was commenting on the miracle berry thing.

Basically, mescaline is known for nausea/vomiting regardless of preparation, it seems to me. It's gonna be gross and make you feel sick, that's part of it. So I suppose I'm still in square one, which is were I was before I made this thread. So it seems I'll just stick with my plan and try to just be a barbarian about it.

--------------------

March 1984

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #24626314 - 09/13/17 01:24 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Part of the beauty of dosing with TBM is that it is easy to eat a few segments raw.

Anticipating bad effects and a gross process doesn't do good things for set.

It is easier and less vile than tea. The segments are similar to a bitter somewhat mucilaginous cucumber. That's fine for 5-9". It's a different story for 24"-36" of pachanoi.

Despine, wash segments, slice, eat.

Yes, mescaline has inherent 5HT-3 which can make you nauseated alone, but tea, syrup, and tar are much more nauseating and hard to get down. A purge is fine. The glow of mescaline will quickly make up for it. What is bothersome is not being able to dose because you are throwing up.

There were lots of TBM experiences posted at an Australian forum long ago.

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: naum]
    #24626355 - 09/13/17 01:40 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, there we go! Thanks man! That's exactly the kind of response I was hoping for!

So, do you personally have experience with TBM? I'm hoping it lives up to it's rep and a handful of older, bigger segments will lead to a beautiful experience for us. We're all pretty experienced aside from mescaline, and as stated, we have the hardcore intention to get there. But you're right, about set, happy thoughts. Somewhat bitter cucumber, gonna sit just fine.

Thanks again for your response though, good to have some affirmation that my conclusions are fairly sound.

It had occurred to me that people's attempts to make the medicine more palatable actually make it worse, what with the thickening of the tea, and eating goo balls of scraped tar etc, stomachs don't usually like thick stuff like that.

--------------------

March 1984

Invisiblenaum
 User Gallery

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #24626408 - 09/13/17 01:59 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Safe travels. Please report back.

--------------------

OfflineMarmie
I'm a teapot

#24627670 - 09/13/17 11:10 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

No offence taken,  He does say he mixes his cactus smoothie witb water at a 1-1 ratio when blending and the only thing that gets caught in the cloth is a few bits of skin so all the flesh n goodies dont get lost

Heres a few other threads i found where he talks about it , mite have to scroll down a few posts to find his.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15522777#15522777. ; https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17017055
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12587566

Edited by Marmie (09/13/17 11:25 PM)

Offlinedr.alkaline
 User Gallery

#24627701 - 09/13/17 11:39 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Fucking good luck that shit tastes horrific

OfflineLuzaW
Um, yeah
Male

Loc: Southeast USA
Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: dr.alkaline]
    #24629896 - 09/14/17 06:56 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

consider making jerky.  i've done it a couple of times with good results.

despine the plants.  cut lengthwise along the valleys.  discard the woody core.  carefully peel away the waxy, thin outer layer and discard it.  spread the remaining green fleshy pieces on cookie sheets. sprinkle liberally with sea salt and southwest seasonings, something like cumin is good.  place in front of a small fan overnight.

you should have somewhat rubbery pieces the next morning.  the pieces will be much smaller due to water evaporation.  chow down with a glass of oj or grapefruit juice.  enjoy the day

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Re: T. Bridge. Monstrose - Gonna eat eem raw! Speak your piece on methodology! [Re: LuzaW] * 2
    #24651767 - 09/22/17 01:29 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I must say it all went very well. Waaaaaaaay less nausea than with tea, like almost none at all. Much, much easier. I'll never drink that crap again as long as I have the Monstrose option.

We were careful because, you know, unknown strength, so the experience wasn't *HUGE* but it was a nice experience to camp with. Ate two fair sized segments and felt it pretty good. Great weather too, overall great experience. Next time I'll double the dosage and that should put me just right. Great weather and company, hiking, hacky sack, fire, ended the night with some red wine. Good bud throughout. :thumbsup:

They were VERY bitter, but not really nauseating, overall easier for me to eat than shrooms.

But yeah, this plant lives up to it's reputation.

--------------------

March 1984

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24651818 - 09/22/17 01:57 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:greenthumb:

Glad to hear it worked!

I wonder how the potency of TBM compares to standard bridgesii :strokebeard:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale